Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

True Tales of Haunted Dolls

Still Waters

Dolls have long been a source of amusement for both children and adults. However, they can also bring terror as well as joy. Read on for chilling true tales of haunted dolls and possessed playthings.

http://mysteriousuni...m_source=feedly

• Like 4

I've always thought that Robert doll was creepy....

:shudders:

• Like 2

I have one from Japan . A samurai . He was part of a set of twelve . Some were more active than others. He only acts up when there's danger afoot . I heed his warnings .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Yes I have been reading about this creepy haunted dolls...

These stories are spooky and interesting at the same time nevertheless!

• Like 1

Robert is really creepy. Who would want to give their child a doll that looks evil.

I don't understand why any spirit would want to attach themselves to a doll but I guess its no different than attaching yourself to a piece of furniture or something like that.

• Like 2

I have two stories of haunted dolls. One was told to me by my father, and the other was a doll that I had seen in person...

First my fathers creepy doll tale.

My father grew up on a farm in a small rurral town. Now as most small towns do this town had its own ghost stories, spooky tales, and of course Haunted Houses. One of those local Haunts was an old two floor manure everyone took to calling "The Black House" because the outside of the place was unpainted boreds that were so old and weathered they had turned black.

The house it's self had a seedy history having once been where a bar once stood wherein manny acts of infidelities, fights, an alleged meth lab, and even a death had accrued out back when a drunk woman had been pushed down an old well.

But the bar had long sense been knocked down and the big spooky house was built over the foundation and the well, then eventually sat empty and fell into disrepair.

One day my father and a few friend of his had decided to play hooky and hide out in the big scary house rather than go to school that day. They were young hormonal teenaged boys, so as you can imagine the three of them ripped threw the inside of that house like a wrecking crew. Smashing anything they thought could be busted up, telling dirty joke, p***ing in the corners, and whatever else they thought would be edgy and cool.

My Father wasn't the one that found the old doll, but he didn't hesitate to pertake in the beating and disgracing of the old artifact. The doll was you typical old cloth doll with creases at the shoulders, knees, and elbows. It's head hands and feet were carved out of wood and any clothing it may have had were nowhere to be found.

The boys paid the the exact same degree of respect that they did the rest of the house throughing it around, dry humping it and all that other kind of teen boy play, but it wasn't until the tree of them were leaving that the creepiest thing happened.

The three of them were on their bikes riding away from the house when they heard what sounded like a rapping on a window behind them, and when they turned they seen the doll with is face pressed up the glass propped up in the window...

Edited by Midyin
  • Like 5

The next story is of my younger cousins laughing rag doll. This doll looked a lot like a Raggedy Ann. It wasn't but it was similar in design.

Anyway I can remember this doll. I was probably about 5 or 6 at the time and was over at aunt Tammy's house a lot because her and my mother use to hang out everyday smoking and playing scrable.

This doll wasn't creepy or even intimidating to look at, but if you squeezed its hand it would do this long and VERY annoying laugh.

I loved it. Seriously, this thing use to get me hours of fun just using it to p*** off my mother and aunt. They didn't like it at all. The doll was a gift to my younger cousin Alyssa from her mothers(Tammy) biological sister, and aunt Tammy hated this doll from day one...

Well, one day my mother and Aunt Tammy had enough of me useing this annoying doll to annoy them, so they took the doll from me, sent me out to play in the yard, and that was the last time i ever seen that Doll.

I never really thought much of it, and barely remembered it till a few years ago when my mother, Brother, and I were all talking about spooky stuff that we had seen, and she brought that doll up again.

It turns out that right after they sent me outside to play they decided to shut that damn thing up for good by removing the batteries, but when they opened the back and pulled out its voice box there were no batteries in it, so Aunt Tammy bagged it up with the rest of the trash and took it out to the burn barrel...

• Like 3

There was a site back in 2002 where they had a haunted doll on a live cam. You could only watch the cam for 5-6 seconds before you have to refresh the screen and wait to connect again.

many people claimed they saw it move, well some smart hacker figured out how to avoid being kicked and he said every couple of hours the head would move in the same mechanical fashion.

Soon after the site was closed with people attacking the owners.

• Like 5

I have two stories of haunted dolls. One was told to me by my father, and the other was a doll that I had seen in person...

First my fathers creepy doll tale.

My father grew up on a farm in a small rurral town. Now as most small towns do this town had its own ghost stories, spooky tales, and of course Haunted Houses. One of those local Haunts was an old two floor manure everyone took to calling "The Black House" because the outside of the place was unpainted boreds that were so old and weathered they had turned black.

The house it's self had a seedy history having once been where a bar once stood wherein manny acts of infidelities, fights, an alleged meth lab, and even a death had accrued out back when a drunk woman had been pushed down an old well.

But the bar had long sense been knocked down and the big spooky house was built over the foundation and the well, then eventually sat empty and fell into disrepair.

One day my father and a few friend of his had decided to play hooky and hide out in the big scary house rather than go to school that day. They were young hormonal teenaged boys, so as you can imagine the three of them ripped threw the inside of that house like a wrecking crew. Smashing anything they thought could be busted up, telling dirty joke, p***ing in the corners, and whatever else they thought would be edgy and cool.

My Father wasn't the one that found the old doll, but he didn't hesitate to pertake in the beating and disgracing of the old artifact. The doll was you typical old cloth doll with creases at the shoulders, knees, and elbows. It's head hands and feet were carved out of wood and any clothing it may have had were nowhere to be found.

The boys paid the the exact same degree of respect that they did the rest of the house throughing it around, dry humping it and all that other kind of teen boy play, but it wasn't until the tree of them were leaving that the creepiest thing happened.

The three of them were on their bikes riding away from the house when they heard what sounded like a rapping on a window behind them, and when they turned they seen the doll with is face pressed up the glass propped up in the window...

The next story is of my younger cousins laughing rag doll. This doll looked a lot like a Raggedy Ann. It wasn't but it was similar in design.

Anyway I can remember this doll. I was probably about 5 or 6 at the time and was over at aunt Tammy's house a lot because her and my mother use to hang out everyday smoking and playing scrable.

This doll wasn't creepy or even intimidating to look at, but if you squeezed its hand it would do this long and VERY annoying laugh.

I loved it. Seriously, this thing use to get me hours of fun just using it to p*** off my mother and aunt. They didn't like it at all. The doll was a gift to my younger cousin Alyssa from her mothers(Tammy) biological sister, and aunt Tammy hated this doll from day one...

Well, one day my mother and Aunt Tammy had enough of me useing this annoying doll to annoy them, so they took the doll from me, sent me out to play in the yard, and that was the last time i ever seen that Doll.

I never really thought much of it, and barely remembered it till a few years ago when my mother, Brother, and I were all talking about spooky stuff that we had seen, and she brought that doll up again.

It turns out that right after they sent me outside to play they decided to shut that damn thing up for good by removing the batteries, but when they opened the back and pulled out its voice box there were no batteries in it, so Aunt Tammy bagged it up with the rest of the trash and took it out to the burn barrel...

Thanks for sharing your stories! Those stories were definitely creepy. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing your stories! Those stories were definitely creepy. :)

No problem'O...

I hope you enjoyed them..

Edited by Midyin

Dolls scare me and guess what my mom collects them lol.when I was a little kid I would tell her they are looking at me ..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My parents used to have a pair of porcelian dolls. You know, the pretty ones with flowers and dresses and matching hats and hairbows. There was a brunette, and a blonde. The blonde one always seemed "alive" if that makes sense. You would swear you would see movement out of the corner of your eyes. The look on her face would give you chills. Strange things would happen if I ever directly addressed the doll directly. I didn't make a connection until one night, I thought I saw it move. I blatantly said, "I hate you. You creep me out." And just as I said that, the TV turned off. Mind you, it was one of those huge, old school Zenith TV's with the on/off button, and a number pad. Then I realized all the times I had said it before, that the lights flickering and the doors mysteriously closing, always happened if I addressed that damn doll. Most of the time I would be home alone. Sometimes it happened when my fanatically religious grandma was around. She agreed with me, some dolls harbor evil. Ain't nobody got time for that!

This is why I never had dolls and was always nice to my stuffed animals. I always thought they'd kill me in my sleep if I did something wrong towards them. My mom used to collect porcelain dolls. Talk about feeling watched all the time....

This is why I never had dolls and was always nice to my stuffed animals. I always thought they'd kill me in my sleep if I did something wrong towards them. My mom used to collect porcelain dolls. Talk about feeling watched all the time....

If you havnt seen toy story yet dont watch it, you'll never sleep again lol

LOL Try collecting model horses. It really is something to go into a collector's room and see about 1000 model horses all looking at you with their beady little eyes....

I don't know why I read this right before I go to bed. I'm terrified of dolls and this isn't helping. -_- lol

I've always hated dolls especially clowns.Clowns are evil to me because they are somebody dressed up to be funny but in reality do haneous things.Ever since the movie Poltrgeist I really don't F%$#k with them period. Another doll I hate are the naked baby dolls with eyes that close and open and have voice boxes on them. Spirits and demonic spirits find dolls to be vessels to terrorize you or communicate but in most cases it's to scare the daylight out of you. When I see people with doll collections I immediately don't go near them.

Edited by slaughtr
  • Like 1

Dolls and clowns. They didn't scare our parents. That "Talking Tina" episode of the Twilight Zone did it for dolls. I wonder how clowns got so freaky.

• Like 1

I collect dolls and I learned that some of them do have a very weird energy attached to them and not just antique ones. I have bought a doll and thrown it away the next day because it made my whole house feel creepy. I once was bidding on a doll on ebay and stopped bidding because I started getting a creepy feeling every time I looked at the picture even though it was a very pretty barbie. The person who won the doll sent it back and actually left negative feedback that the doll was possessed. I noticed that the seller didn't have anything to sell after that even though he usually had a lot of items. I don't think spirits attach themselves to dolls but maybe negative energy from the owners somehow gets stuck in the doll.

Zevo the clown from Are you affraid of the dark? introduced me in clowns panic.

When I was a kid I collected porcelin dolls and I was kind of spooked by them. I am grown now and they don't bother me. I thought Child's Play was goofy and I'm sick of the sequels.

I collect dolls and I really enjoy them. Mine are nice looking and not creepy. I did chuck one out once that stank that I had bought off ebay. The only thing 'possessing' it was the ghost of ciggie smoke from the previous owner. I think ppl like to think that 'spirits' would be attracted to them as they often have very realistic facial features and eyes that move etc. A bit like in the days gone by when portraits of people were said to be haunted as the eyes 'follow you'.

People are making money from it though, which is a bit sad I think.

• Like 1