Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tv shows that need to go off the air

coolguy

It's thriving. They should pull the plug on the seemingly terminal MSNBC.

I believe you're watching death by slow (and painful) suicide.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've seen it and it's pretty bad. And BTW who in their right mind names a town Lizard Lick, North Carolina?

People from lizard lick nc apparently. They live what they call the lick life.

no, they need to keep them both on so that liberal and conservatives can shout at each other about how terrible the others news network is. it's the american way!

Pretty much all daytime talk shows and a lot of those on the list of the OP...

ah, never mind then. those can go.

• Like 2

I commend the folks that have given up TV.

I wish I could find the will to do that.

I actually PAY to have all those crap shows brought into my house. Then, if I do watch them, I have to suffer through Advertisements as well. What kind of messed up situation is that?

I can't cast any stones at our TV screen. However, I hope and pray that HLN goes the way of the dinosaur. It's the home network of Nancy Grace. Other hosts are almost as bad. Dr. Drew has a member of the Nation of Islam on his nightly panel, and he gives her carte blanche. She repeatedly makes racist and sexist comments. She sounds like Wanda Sykes. It's good for laughs, especially when Dr. Drew kisses her posterior in the hope that she'll increase the ratings of his tabloid program.

I believe you're watching death by slow (and painful) suicide.

They must have made a pact with other networks. They meet the colloquial definition of insanity. They do and say the things that repeatedly lead to failure. They never learn from their constant mistakes.

• Like 1

People from lizard lick nc apparently. They live what they call the lick life.

Well, whatever floats their boat, I guess. I'm sure we could get a thread going with the oddest place names of cities and so forth. Two Egg, FL comes to mind.

They must have made a pact with other networks. They meet the colloquial definition of insanity. They do and say the things that repeatedly lead to failure. They never learn from their constant mistakes.

Sounds more like a pact with the devil, oh wait - you said other networks, never mind.......

Well, whatever floats their boat, I guess. I'm sure we could get a thread going with the oddest place names of cities and so forth. Two Egg, FL comes to mind.

Speaking of shows off the air and odd place names I always remember the Bundy's going on vacation to Dumpwater, Florida and Al was so proud to go.

• Like 1

I will concur: All of 'em!

Except for Dr. Who...... :tu:

Now that Matt Smith will be out, maybe you don't need to make that exception anymore..... ;)

Sounds more like a pact with the devil, oh wait - you said other networks, never mind.......

I was referring to a suicide pact. Of course, they could have made a pact with Nancy Grace too.

Dr Who stopped being entertainment 10 years ago.

All TV shows can be dropped (especially The Simpsons which stopped being entertainment 20 years ago)

except for....

BOARDWALK EMPIRE!!!!!

Steve Buscemi rules!

Dr Who stopped being entertainment 10 years ago.

All TV shows can be dropped (especially The Simpsons which stopped being entertainment 20 years ago)

except for....

BOARDWALK EMPIRE!!!!!

Steve Buscemi rules!

Boardwalk Empire is great. There are a handful of truly great shows around. I agree that we should just cut all reality TV and Hollywood news shows (about 99% of any news about actors is carefully contructed PR schemes).

I just want Rubicon back. AMC cut it and picked up The Killing instead. The Killing was great and is still pretty ok but Rubicon had potential.

• Like 1

I do not watch any of the show in your list and I agree there is some crap that I wish could be removed though it can be easily skipped by not given heed to them. But let's face it, these American Idole, big brothers type of reality show draw a huge audience of faithful viewers mostly women. They simply can't be getting off air. Every show still on air has a fair audience otherwise it would be quickly removed. The TV corporations such as ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC HBO ect are quick to withdraw and cancel series if it doesn't show good results.

Well, as for me I follow some series once in a while, now I am currently watching Under The Dome and try to catch up Game Of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, but it is slow progress not having the HBO channel in my cable package.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

The entire channel of MTV. Its pretty bad when even Beavis and Butthead is too intellectual for its current viewers.

• Like 1

The entire channel of MTV. Its pretty bad when even Beavis and Butthead is too intellectual for its current viewers.

Do they even show music anymore? Because we've an MTV channel here in Oz and there's a conspicuous absence of music on that channel.

Do they even show music anymore? Because we've an MTV channel here in Oz and there's a conspicuous absence of music on that channel.

Depends what you consider "music". But in all seriousness its largely Jersey Shore (and several spin offs), Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant, and 1 Girl 5 Gays. There was a new season of Beavis and Butthead in 2011, it was their most watched show. MTV lied and said it did poorly, and then refused to renew for a new season. Is there some type of agenda here? Is B&BH too intelligent for their agenda to dumb down the youth?

Edited by Glorfindel

I commend the folks that have given up TV.

I wish I could find the will to do that.

I actually PAY to have all those crap shows brought into my house. Then, if I do watch them, I have to suffer through Advertisements as well. What kind of messed up situation is that?

Giving up TV was easy. Occasionally I will hear of a show I like (I am currently a Game of Thrones addict) and I will buy it on disc.
  • Like 1

I watch the local news for the weather and local events listings and I watch the DVD other than that I don't watch TV anymore i'd rather watch reruns of Gilligan's island and UFO than most of the sh--stuff that is on the air now days.

Giving up TV was easy. Occasionally I will hear of a show I like (I am currently a Game of Thrones addict) and I will buy it on disc.

Same here and same show lol. Unfortunately when I visit other people's houses, I am often exposed to much of the garbage on TV today.

That *is* pretty bad. "King Of The Hill" must seem like "Downton Abbey" to them.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the majority of the reality shows go off the air. Leave a few for the people to watch but not really anymore than 2 I'd say keep the ones that started it all Real World/Road rules and the rest go bye bye. No one should be watching Flavor of Love, or The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Jersey shore, Tool Club, and the hundreds of other ones. Although, I actually did think, The Joe Schmo Show was very funny and original. But the truth is, that reality T.V, and celebrity obsession seems to be brainwashing Americans.

I'd like to see more actuality shows, more documentaries, good news reporting, instead of mislead media lie's like the George Zimmerman trial, which is an attempt to start a feud between whites and blacks when in fact Zimmerman is mixed and doesn't even look white at all and anyone would think he was full blooded Hispanic if he worked at Toro Loco, or if his name was Pablo Zimmerman this story, would have never even made an all time media status, and would have been only a brief local reporting in the county paper. It's pitiful, and a travesty.

I'd like to see more well thought of shows like Breaking Bad, and True Blood. Whatever happened to Legend of the Seeker???? That show was awesome, and if anyone would have given it a chance, and watched just one episode they would have been spellbound by it, and if not, well then I'm not quite sure why LOTR and the Hobbit made so much money.

Bring back Unsolved Mysteries and Sightings with a new host, but damn good ones like Robert Stack and Tim White, those shows were insanely creepy and frightening and both host are legendary. I'd like to see more original work, and less of the half butt crap they toss together and throw at you, saying here like it.

And if we have to keep reality T.V around then there needs to be a special channel devoted for it, so it's not taking up anymore time from a better show, or stopping the potential of a better show being aired.

I'm out, TNO

• Like 2

Here is a list of shows that are killing America .here is a start lol

Jerry springer

Steve Wilkos

American idol

America has talent

Hard core pawn

Dancing with the stars

Kris jennet

Honey boo boo

The kardashians

Rikki lake

Storage wars

The bachelorette

Brides Zillas

Tattoo shows

Bill Cunningham

La hair

Big brother

Oh I'd agree with all of those...and as others throughout the thread have said....pretty much ALL of the Faux "reality" shows. These ARE not reality shows...they are crap people make up and the networks run so they do not actually have to pay writers and real actors who might have talent and be entertaining.

I want my History Channel back! I remember when it was actually shows about "History"...imagine that.

I want these shows removed from History Channel. If they want to create a new network just for "reality" stinkers....fine

American Pickers

Pawn Stars

Mountain Men

Ice Road truckers

Counting Cars

I like American Restoration but it does not need to be on History...maybe the DIY network. Point is, none of these shows should be on "History"...if you like them...fine...there are other places for them.

But all in all...the avalanche of "reality" TV is because networks learned that the "growing" (and I mean in girth as well as quantity) American audience would actually watch this crap and they don't need to pay high salaries to writers, directors and actors to get material that advertisers would pay to plug their products in...I'm serious.

These shows are showing up more and more because the dumbed down masses and herds of sheep_zps4b615e7e.gif tolerate and watch it. If people would stop watching this garbage, the networks ratings would drop and they would lose advertisers...thus they would have to get new material...it's happening because too many people are ok with it and watch it.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cancel these now:

Jerry springer

Steve Wilkos

Kris Jenner[not coming back]

Honey boo boo

The kardashians

Rikki lake[not coming back]

Dancing with the stars

The bachelorette

Brides Zillas

Tattoo shows

Bill Cunningham

La hair - ???

Big brother

Survivor

Jeff Probst[not coming back]

Pierce Morgan

Trisha

Judge Judy

keep these:

American idol

America's got talent

Hard core pawn

Storage wars

• Like 1

I'd get rid of all my cable and just have Netflix if the wife would go for it.