Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edgar Mitchell calls for end to UFO cover-ups

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

What did Buzz Aldrin say about the monolith that makes you think it's artificial or that he thinks it's artificial? I mean an actual quote of what he said that you're using as an argument here.

And your evidence for this is......?

So....the rectangular object on Phobos is a - natural - formation?

Yeah, right. Tell me another one.

So....the rectangular object on Phobos is a - natural - formation?

Yeah, right. Tell me another one.

You didn't answer my question. I'll post it again so you can squirm your way around not answering it again.
What did Buzz Aldrin say about the monolith that makes you think it's artificial or that he thinks it's artificial? I mean an actual quote of what he said that you're using as an argument here.

[re: the monolith is a transmitter]And your evidence for this is......?

Edited by JesseCuster

Tau Ceti Xeta, could you post a picture of the Phobos monolith? I want to be sure we're talking about the same object.

Tau Ceti Xeta, could you post a picture of the Phobos monolith? I want to be sure we're talking about the same object.

there's loads of them, but try here --> https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1584&bih=677&q=phobos+monolith&oq=phobos+m&gs_l=img.1.0.0l9j0i5.1092.4171.0.6436.8.8.0.0.0.0.94.694.8.8.0....0...1ac.1.21.img.88nB9jfiaWk

i know it's an unfeasbily long url, but the thing where you can say "They're here" like that never works when I try it.

Wow! I went to a site called Google.

I typed in the words -phobos monolith buzz aldrin- and then about 100 photos appeared of the rectangular monolith !

It's the magic of the World Wide Web!

Give it a try. You too can be a magician!

there's loads of them, but try here --> https://www.google.c...img.88nB9jfiaWk

Thanks, but I have images of the monolith already. I wanted to see if Tau Ceti is talking about the Phobos monolith or if he's confusing it with other rectangular features found on the moon or Mars. Even the images your Google image search is a mix of the actual Phobos monolith and other features found on other bodies. Edited by JesseCuster

there's loads of them, but try here --> https://www.google.c...img.88nB9jfiaWk

i know it's an unfeasbily long url, but the thing where you can say "They're here" like that never works when I try it.

There's a video on YouTube that combines the 2.

So much for denial.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlOPsQ0hW8[/media]

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

"This video does not exist"

Tau Ceti, can you please just post a photo of the monolith you're talking about? It'll only take a second and we can proceed from there.

Tau Ceti, can you please just post a photo of the monolith you're talking about? It'll only take a second and we can proceed from there.

It's there. Try again Jesse. You're making real progress.

There are several rocks that many refer to as being "monoliths". No amount of 'Googling' will serve to tell others exactly which one you want to discuss. So, which one of these "monoliths" (give a location or a link to an image of it) are you talking about?

Here's a Wiki link about the one on Phobos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobos_monolith

It exists for me, although I realise that's probably not much help. Basically t'is highly blown up photos of (as below), and a brief clip of Buzz saying we should boldly go where no man has gione before, such as Phobos, where there's this monolith. Who put it there? God put it there.

phobomon_zpsba90aba5.jpg

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh

There are several rocks that many refer to as being "monoliths". No amount of 'Googling' will serve to tell others exactly which one you want to discuss. So, which one of these "monoliths" (give a location or a link to an image of it) are you talking about?

Here's a Wiki link about the one on Phobos: http://en.wikipedia....Phobos_monolith

The Wiki photo is too small.

I like the YouTube video better. They combine it with Buzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlOPsQ0hW8

It exists for me, although I realise that's probably not much help. Basically t'is highly blown up photos of (as below), and a brief clip of Buzz saying we should boldly go where no man has gione before, such as Phobos, where there's this monolith. Who put it there? God put it there.

phobomon_zpsba90aba5.jpg

God didn't put it there. The Reptilians put it there.

They have an alliance with the Domain Expeditionary Force.

When someone comes up with something like this:

Then I'll be willing to talk about which aliens are responsible.

• Like 3

When someone comes up with something like this: [media=]

[/media]

Then I'll be willing to talk about which aliens are responsible.

Agreed. There is no indication that the monolith on Phobos (or any other planet) is anything other than a natural formation. Until such time that any indication can be provided otherwise (just words won't cut the mustard) I don't see the reason for all the hullabaloo.

Working now, temporary hiccup.

Now here's where you have shot yourself in the foot and revealed yourself for the amateur you are. There's a reason I ask you to post an image of the monolith because I suspected you were confused.

That image in the video isn't the monolith on Phobos. It's a photo of feature on Mars itself. That's not what Buzz Aldrin was talking about. The Phobos monolith can be seen here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobos_monolith

That's the first fail. The second fail is that if you actually listen to what Buzz says "nature put it there, or if you like, God put it there". In other words, he's specifically saying the monolith is natural.

Double epic failure.

Tau Ceti, this is the monolith on Phobos that Buzz was talking about.

This is what the Mars Global Surveyor actually photographed back in 1998. The only changes I made were brightness and contrast as the monolith in the original raw image is duller and darker.

musz.png

Not that extraordinarily impressive, is it? And not what you have being saying is the monolith on Phobos.

And no marks for twisting Buzz Aldrin's words to make it sound like he was agreeing with you when anyone who actually listened to the interview would realise that he specifically says the monolith is natural (the universe or God put it there) and makes no mention or reference to it being an alien artifact. Yet you quoted him and referenced him implying that he was agreeing with you. The disservice done to astronauts by people who have twisted their words, misquoted them, quotemined them, etc. to promote their theories is shameful.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

In fact, I can't find the original source for that image anywhere. A lot of news sites carried the image saying it was a monolith on Mars captured by the MRO's HiRISE camera and that a spokesperson for University of Arizona (who do a lot of the processing and analysis of the Mars images) said it's probably natural, etc. The same story being repeated on various news sites accompanied with the following image:

226570-dtstory-mars.jpg

As a reflection of the sad state of some UFOlogy websites, three different images are being confused with each other and all being claimed to be the monolith on Phobos when the one I capture above is the actual image of the monolith on Phobos. Some websites are showing that image and placing in a location where there is a monolith on Mars, but after looking their myself, it's not there, but a different monolith is there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_monolith Some websites (actual news websites and not just blogs or fringe sites) are showing that image alongside the image below of the actual monolith on Mars at the location specified, when they're clearly not the same thing at all.

I extracted it from the raw image file:

cgrj.png

That's what's actually at the location where some people are claiming Tau Ceti's monolith is and the image I posted in the previous post is what's actually on Phobos. The image Tau Ceti is promoting and which other websites are saying is either on Phobos or Mars I can't find a source for at all. A lot of them claim it came from a website called "Lunar Explorer Italia" which I found but has no easy way to search their archives and it's in Italian anyway. I keep hitting dead ends when trying to source it. It seems they're all (or most) using the same composite of the monolith at three different sizes with smallest on left and zoomed in more and more on the other 2 sizes, which implies they've just copying it from whoever made it in the first place.

All of which make me question the veracity of the image as being genuine at all and not just being misidentified or misplace on Phobos instead of Mars. It's all quite curious.

I have to say that when I put my hat on , I can see that the monolith is a alien artifact.

Now, my hat is made of tinfoil. :w00t:

The goverment should come clean on ufos and be done with it

• Like 1

Because they were custom made by the military, in an operation that was secret, and a coverup.

So, in order to conduct a coverup and not attract attention, they chose an unusually conspicuous model of coffin?

Instead of just filling any extra space with foam?

Come on, it doesn't even pass smell test #1.

• Like 2

Dr Mitchell makes perfect sense. ....

So, you think he successfully demonstrated ESP during his private Apollo-14 ESP experiment? Why?

We do agree, I presume, that you believe Mitchell's first hand testimony that neither he nor any Mercury, Gemini, or Apollo astronaut he worked with ever encountered any UFOs on space flights? He was there. He should know, right?