Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman Protesters Attack Grandmother

Sweetpumper

Your not going to see any of these stories on 'normal' news sites or broadcasts, for reasons which should be obvious by now, so lets put some reports here so that the low information browsers have an alternative to the main stream media.

Zimmerman Protesters Attack Grandmother, Block Taking Child To Hospital

The event organizer contended that even after the video footage showed protesters attacking the car that the event was "peaceful."

Local 2 HOUSTON -Hundreds of people marched in protest to the George Zimmerman verdict on Monday.

"No justice, no peace," they yelled as they walked from the Byrd Funeral Home in the 2500 block of Wheeler to the Southmore Street overpass bridge near Highway 288. Just after 7p.m. Monday, the demonstrators spilled out onto the road and blocked traffic for about 15 minutes.

"I looked up and I see all the protesters, they're everywhere," said Georgia, who asked that her last name not be used. "So, we got into the traffic and they're stopping us and not letting us go." Georgia was on her way to Texas Children's Hospital in the Medical Center because her 7-year-old granddaughter was having an allergic reaction to some medication. Georgia's daughter was driving and tried to go around the demonstrators by driving on the grassy shoulder.

"One of them was hitting the windshield and I was just screaming, 'We've got to get to the hospital,' and they were screaming and chanting," she said. "All I could think of was, I got to get my granddaughter to the hospital."

"My mom rolled down the window," said Georgia's daughter. "She said, 'We're trying to get my granddaughter to the hospital,' and a guy just started hitting her."

Cont:

http://www.breitbart...ild-to-Hospital

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 4

Oi. This one is making everybody nuts. People need to get over it, drop the race bs, and go on with their lives.

Or more lives will be lost.

• Like 5

Your not going to see any of these stories on 'normal' news sites or broadcasts, for reasons which should be obvious by now, so lets put some reports here so that the low information browsers have an alternative to the main stream media.

Zimmerman Protesters Attack Grandmother, Block Taking Child To Hospital

The event organizer contended that even after the video footage showed protesters attacking the car that the event was "peaceful."

Local 2 HOUSTON -Hundreds of people marched in protest to the George Zimmerman verdict on Monday.

"No justice, no peace," they yelled as they walked from the Byrd Funeral Home in the 2500 block of Wheeler to the Southmore Street overpass bridge near Highway 288. Just after 7p.m. Monday, the demonstrators spilled out onto the road and blocked traffic for about 15 minutes.

"I looked up and I see all the protesters, they're everywhere," said Georgia, who asked that her last name not be used. "So, we got into the traffic and they're stopping us and not letting us go." Georgia was on her way to Texas Children's Hospital in the Medical Center because her 7-year-old granddaughter was having an allergic reaction to some medication. Georgia's daughter was driving and tried to go around the demonstrators by driving on the grassy shoulder.

"One of them was hitting the windshield and I was just screaming, 'We've got to get to the hospital,' and they were screaming and chanting," she said. "All I could think of was, I got to get my granddaughter to the hospital."

"My mom rolled down the window," said Georgia's daughter. "She said, 'We're trying to get my granddaughter to the hospital,' and a guy just started hitting her."

Cont:

http://www.breitbart...ild-to-Hospital

That's awful! :no:

What is wrong with these morons? Don't they have anything better to do? I guess not....

I'm glad the little girl will be okay, though.

• Like 3

The title of this thread should be edited. The video shows only one person (singular so no protestors with an "s") reaching into the vehicle but not punching, more like trying to grab, and one of the protestors even pulls him away to stop him.

This should be investigated and prosecuted in either case. Simple assault definitely occurred.

There is also the case of the 43-year-old woman who attacked a 73-year-old man.

HAYWARD -- A woman was arrested Saturday after allegedly jumping on stage at a music festival and attacking a legendary musician after he dedicated a song to Trayvon Martin, according to police and eyewitnesses.

The woman, who police identified as 43-year-old Dinalynn Andrews Potter of Barstow, apparently yelled, "it's all your fault" before shoving 73-year-old Lester Chambers, his family said Sunday.

"She had a crazed look in her eye," said Kurt Kangas, a friend of Chambers who ran to his aid. "I saw the devil there."

*snip*

Eyewitnesses and Hayward police said people on stage subdued Andrews Potter after she allegedly shoved Chambers. Though the police investigation into a motive continues, family members believe the attack was racially motivated and was a result of Chambers' mention of Martin. The family is pressing police to file hate crime charges.

Woman arrested for attacking 73-year-old musician on Hayward stage after song dedicated to Trayvon Martin

The charges against her might be upgraded to a hate crime. According to The Christian Post members in the audience heard her use hate speech before the attack.

"It's all your fault!" she screamed, with witnesses alleging she yelled racial epithets as well.

Zimmerman Supporter Attacks Legendary Singer Lester Chambers for Dedicating Song to Trayvon Martin (VIDEO)

Edited by The world needs you

Oakland Waiter Recalls Hammer Attack During Zimmerman Protest

July 17, 2013 7:52 PM

OAKLAND (KPIX 5) – A waiter at a Downtown Oakland restaurant who was assaulted when Monday’s protest over the Trayvon Martin case turned violent spoke to KPIX 5 about the attack.

Drew Cribley and his co-workers stood outside the Flora restaurant Monday night, concerned about troublemakers after the restaurant was vandalized in an earlier protest.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/07/17/oakland-waiter-attacked-with-hammer-during-zimmerman-protest-recovering/

• Like 3

Oakland Waiter Recalls Hammer Attack During Zimmerman Protest

July 17, 2013 7:52 PM

OAKLAND (KPIX 5) – A waiter at a Downtown Oakland restaurant who was assaulted when Monday’s protest over the Trayvon Martin case turned violent spoke to KPIX 5 about the attack.

Drew Cribley and his co-workers stood outside the Flora restaurant Monday night, concerned about troublemakers after the restaurant was vandalized in an earlier protest.

http://sanfrancisco....est-recovering/

They hit him in the head with a hammer?! Jeez.....

I'm glad he's doing okay!

• Like 1

All these cases of violence related to the Zimmerman trial are horrible especially the Zimmerman case itself where he killed someone and someone died.

• Like 1

‘Let’s go mess up Hollywood for Trayvon.”

On Tuesday night, a flash mob of some 40 to 50 teenagers invaded the busiest and most tourist-centric part of Hollywood, smashing windows, stealing cellphones, and assaulting passersby. The police described the incident as a “rolling crime wave.” One police official said that the George Zimmerman acquittal provided the flash point excuse for the flash mob. “They’re using Trayvon as an excuse,” the official said to local media. “They were saying, ‘Let’s go mess up Hollywood for Trayvon.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/18/Rolling-crime-wave-Hollywood

• Like 2

Luckily the protest have been largely peaceful. These cases of hooliganism should be fully investigated and prosecuted. Assault, property damage, and blocking traffic is contrary to the rule of law and should never be tolerated.

17 were arrested in Victorville although some outlets are reporting it was 14. This is horrible but so glad there are no large scale riots.

—snip

There was a report of 10-15 juveniles going into a Chevron gas station, opening items and leaving without paying, she said. After the march, a large group gathered in the mall parking lot and tried to enter the shopping center, Bachman said. Mall security locked the doors and no one got inside. Deputies ordered the crowd to disperse, and most left without incident, Bachman said. Those who did not disperse were arrested There were no reports of any injuries or damage.

http://ktla.com/2013/07/18/17-arrested-in-zimmerman-trial-protest-in-victorville/

• Like 1

Could you have a more obvious reason for this topic? You forgot they attacked invalids,unarmed women and children........

• Like 1

The title of this thread should be edited. The video shows only one person (singular so no protestors with an "s") reaching into the vehicle but not punching, more like trying to grab, and one of the protestors even pulls him away to stop him.

This should be investigated and prosecuted in either case. Simple assault definitely occurred.

There is also the case of the 43-year-old woman who attacked a 73-year-old man.

Woman arrested for attacking 73-year-old musician on Hayward stage after song dedicated to Trayvon Martin

The charges against her might be upgraded to a hate crime. According to The Christian Post members in the audience heard her use hate speech before the attack.

Zimmerman Supporter Attacks Legendary Singer Lester Chambers for Dedicating Song to Trayvon Martin (VIDEO)

And somehow your example of insanity justifies the arrests and acts of violence reported? Don't you realize there are complete idiots on BOTH sides of this issue?

17 were arrested in Victorville although some outlets are reporting it was 14. This is horrible but so glad there are no large scale riots.

http://ktla.com/2013...in-victorville/

Because it could be worse, you're fine with the violence that we've gotten? Punched grannys, smashed windows, vandalism etc...

And somehow your example of insanity justifies the arrests and acts of violence reported? Don't you realize there are complete idiots on BOTH sides of this issue?

All these criminal actions should be condemned.

Convenient to dismiss one as insanity instead of the criminal action that it was. That right there might be the only justification offered on this thread thus far.

This should be classed as a hate crime as well as assiult

• Like 3

(Reuters) - Police arrested at least six people in California late on Thursday after being hit by rocks and bottles at a protest over the acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, news reports said.

The arrests occurred after a protest march in San Bernardino, about 55 miles east of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing local police.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/19/us-usa-florida-shooting-unrest-idUSBRE96I09U20130719?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

• Like 1

Actually 11 people were arrested at the protest march in San Bernandino. One note of police overreaction is being tied to this event but regardless those breaking the law should never use police overreaction or especially the tragic killing of Trayvon Martin as an excuse for hooliganism. It is great these arrests are being made in a timely manner.

Protestors should realize that they should always follow police orders. There is no excuse not to and being arrested for not doing so is on them.

SAN BERNARDINO >> Hours after it began, a protest Thursday resulted in bricks thrown at cars and 11 arrests related to civil disobedience, according to authorities.

About 100 people angry about the acquittal of George Zimmerman participated in a march from Perris Hill Park to the corner of Base Line and Waterman Avenue. Later, smaller groups believed to be associated with the protest grew unruly, and at 11 p.m. officers were still monitoring the area, said Lt. Mike Madden.

Just before midnight, as police continued to respond to protest-related calls elsewhere in the city, a police vehicle left the northeast corner of Base Line and Waterman Avenue. Eleven protesters remained.

Andre Orr, 27, said police had asked the group to leave but they felt they had a right under the First Amendment to stay, even after he says police shot his cousin with a bean bag gun."He didn't do anything wrong," Orr said of his cousin, complaining about the time it took paramedics to arrive.

Orr acknowledged that he had seen some protesters throw bricks or rocks, which he said was incited by comments from people driving by. "Some (Latinos) drove by and were yelling at us, and you know how it is," Orr said. "They (protesters) didn't like that. But us, we were just standing here. It wasn't our thing."

Police said the rock and bottle throwing started without provocation. People in the crowd began tossing rocks and bottles at passing motorists, police vehicles and police personnel.

A police car was damaged by a thrown rock, and a police horse was struck.

Police drove people away with horses and riot gear, Orr said, when they were there only to ask for justice.

*snip*

Residents listening to police scanners asked about rumors of burnt fast food buildings and other reported damage, but none was visible in the area of the reported protest and employees said they hadn't seen any. However, one protester, who asked that his name not be used, said he had seen others light small fires in alleys "that weren't supposed to really burn anything," and fire engines raced to put out fires Thursday night.

After signs of violence began to show, Eddie Jones, president of the Los Angeles Civil Rights Association, drove into town and spoke with police and protesters.

"We're not going to allow any vandalism," Jones said in an after-midnight interview, later saying that he didn't have control of what individuals in a splinter group might do. "We want this to be peaceful, and we want this to be about Trayvon Martin, who was failed by a judicial system that needs to change and a legislative system that needs to change. We still have a right to assemble, and that's all we're doing is exercising that right."

It was overreaction by police that likely escalated the situation and incited any violence that did take place, Jones said, but he reiterated that violence was not part of the plan.

*snip*

‘Let’s go mess up Hollywood for Trayvon.”

On Tuesday night, a flash mob of some 40 to 50 teenagers invaded the busiest and most tourist-centric part of Hollywood, smashing windows, stealing cellphones, and assaulting passersby. The police described the incident as a “rolling crime wave.” One police official said that the George Zimmerman acquittal provided the flash point excuse for the flash mob. “They’re using Trayvon as an excuse,” the official said to local media. “They were saying, ‘Let’s go mess up Hollywood for Trayvon.’”

http://www.breitbart...-wave-Hollywood

Hate to say it but that's the way they think,no home training and anything to mess up the white man.How sad,How very sad. Edited by The Unseen
  • Like 2

I hoe rev. Sharpton is proud of himself. He's the one who started all of this last year.

• Like 3

No offense but, breitbart.com. Yeah, I would be more inclined to believe the National Inquiror.

YOu guys rail and complain about the "liberal media agenda". Well, breitbart.com is on the opposite side. They have an agenda when it comes to this. Their agenda is to show that blacks reacted violently as a result of the TM verdict. Low and behold, here's a really juicey nugget. "Rabid black thugs attack a Grandmother trying to take her granddaughter to the hospital" Too easy....

But, it shows, that we are willing to accept w/e ANY media tells us about any given situation, as long as it supports our worldview.

• Like 1

No offense but, breitbart.com. Yeah, I would be more inclined to believe the National Inquiror.

YOu guys rail and complain about the "liberal media agenda". Well, breitbart.com is on the opposite side. They have an agenda when it comes to this. Their agenda is to show that blacks reacted violently as a result of the TM verdict. Low and behold, here's a really juicey nugget. "Rabid black thugs attack a Grandmother trying to take her granddaughter to the hospital" Too easy....

But, it shows, that we are willing to accept w/e ANY media tells us about any given situation, as long as it supports our worldview.

Okay, I watched the video. I was wrong! My apologies. The dude in the funky shorts should be arrested and charged with assault. The morons stopping traffic need to be charged with something.

What a effin' embarassment!

• Like 2

Okay, I watched the video. I was wrong! My apologies. The dude in the funky shorts should be arrested and charged with assault. The morons stopping traffic need to be charged with something.

What a effin' embarassment!

Breitbart still has an agenda with their title. It was still only one protestor and the "attack" was simple assault at best, then they also claim in their first line that, "the video footage showed protesters attacking the car," when the car was never attacked.

The grandmother seems too highly exaggerate in her interview and the daughter in the article states, "a guy just started hitting her." She was just grabbed and at least Breitbart does clarify in the next paragraph, "you can see a man reach in and grab her. Georgia said she was hit." They should have reflected that bit of wisdom in their title...