Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is it true if......

Jennifer_P

You die in your sleep you die for real?

• Like 1

yeah unless your dreaming of dying, I use to have horrific nightmares where I got killed in them, but would wake up. I sleep very little these days

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 2

nope ive died countless times, try not to worry to much about your dreams and dont let them define you. theres so much on tv and in books that effect what you dream about.

• Like 2

...No.

I would have to say no unless it just happened to be your time to go.

I think maybe in elderly people .. and most of the time caused by a heart attack from being scared in the dream .. idk

• Like 1

I've had one or two that I remember thinking -wow, so this is what it feels like to die...... but obviously I didn't so I vote no on this one :)

Well not for me, I've died plenty of times in mine in all kinds of ways and I'm still here. But I guess that means you've never died in your dreams?

If it scared you enough then you could have a heart attack I guess...

If you have a life in your dreams doesn't means you have a life for real.

Seeing as I have died plenty of times in my sleep, I would say no.

I assume you mean die in your dreams. People die for real in their sleep all the time.

And no, you don't die if you die in your dreams. I die in my dreams regularly. It usually just causes me to wake up suddenly.

• Like 1

as the above question is phrased the answer is "YES" if your die you die doesn't matter whether or not your asleep or awake.

As most of us are interpreting the question however , said interpretation being something to the general effect of, "if you die in a dream do you die for real". the answer is NOT usually and maybe not at all I have died many times in my dreams, by heart attack, by car accident, by gun shot, by invading space aliens and by grizzly bear among other reasons and unless this life is just another cycle of some hell from my original life then I am still alive.

I would say no to that too.. I've dreamt of dying before and am still living.

However... If someone died in their dreams and they really died because of it, it's not like they would be able to tell anyone "Hey, had a nightmare and died, and that caused me to really die".

• Like 3

I believe the theory is that if you are falling in a dream, you always wake up before you hit the ground, because if you did not, your mind would be tricked into thinking it was real and your heart would stop,

• Like 1

If you can be killed in your dream, wouldn't that mean there is potential for Freddy Krueger to "really kill you?"

If you can be killed in your dream, wouldn't that mean there is potential for Freddy Krueger to "really kill you?"

Lol, I love Freddy, this medicine i'm on for nightmares (works like hypnocil only i dream just good things) it sometimes gives me messed up dreams. Well once i dreamed Freddy Kruger and i were at OutBack,and he cried because i ate all the blooming onion. Like squalling. It was hilarious, because it started out nightmareish, then went all LoLzy.

I'm scared to have dreams where i die. Idk how i'd react.

I believe the theory is that if you are falling in a dream, you always wake up before you hit the ground, because if you did not, your mind would be tricked into thinking it was real and your heart would stop,

Your heart muscles aren't controlled by your mind (cardiac muscle works involuntarily) and thus thinking you are dead will not cause you mind to stop your heart. Because it can't do that.
  • Like 1

If you die in your sleep, you DO die for real. People die in their sleep all the time.

If you die in a dream, no.

:whistle:

Your heart muscles aren't controlled by your mind (cardiac muscle works involuntarily) and thus thinking you are dead will not cause you mind to stop your heart. Because it can't do that.

So a person can't be scared to death?

So a person can't be scared to death?

Is being scared death caused by the mind thinking the body is dead or by other factors like adrenaline overdosage, etc. Do these factors even factor into dreams and other subconscious phenonema? I don't know but I'd like to see some actual medical and scientific facts and not just Matrix type claims about how "the mind makes it real|.

No.

But it may signify the death of some aspect of your life or effecting your life.

• 3 weeks later...

dying in your dreams can be considered a nightmare, if you die in your dreams while simultaneously having a cardiac arrest...you will sleep forever.

• 1 month later...

If you are that sensitive to your dreams and you have a weak heart or are scared beyond reason, it could be a possibility. There are many stories of people dying from fright. I have a couple from my own family, which really makes me wonder. Those who passed away like this, weren't the type to be scared so easy. But being scared in a very vivid and lucid dream could cause you to stop your own heart. If you believe what you're dreaming.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe that the urban legend is false. I've died in my dreams before and here I am typing this.