Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boston Bomber on the cover of Rolling Stone

BiffSplitkins

One can offer conspiracy theories all day but it doesn't change how they cannot ever offer proof.

You ought to check yourself. You've been guilty of the same behavior through hundred of comments on the Zimmerman trial. Normally I wouldn't care but your compulsive demand for facts and negative accusations of conspiracy towards everybody else in every other thread warrants that you check yourself.

• Like 2

What about this, wasn't he supposed to have some throat injury? Do you see any throat injury here pre-capture?

0718TsarnaevCrop.jpg?c=f6e30b405c619fc0cdfab844db5c776a

https://www.youtube....h?v=N189jsNZ2r4 That is where they were describing the throat wound being like his throat was slit and the weird reaction from that guy to the left, but you see nothing in that picture there that looks like what they're talking about.

Here is one of my posts where the video is given, now would you like me to push play for you too?

You ought to check yourself. You've been guilty of the same behavior through hundred of comments on the Zimmerman trial. Normally I wouldn't care but your compulsive demand for facts and negative accusations of conspiracy towards everybody else in every other thread warrants that you check yourself.

Thank you!

Here is one of my posts where the video is given, now would you like me to push play for you too?

Thank you!

Thank you then.

What is the conspiracy theory now then? That the "SWAT team guy" was lying? That "they" did it (injured his throat) on the way to the hospital? That the Jahar talking to his mom on the phone and to the judge in court is a clone?

It seems that during the early aftermath of any event there will be wildly conflicting account. Some dismiss that to scene chaos. Others will of course offer conspiracy theories...

Thank you then.

What is the conspiracy theory now then? That the "SWAT team guy" was lying? That "they" did it (injured his throat) on the way to the hospital? That the Jahar talking to his mom on the phone and to the judge in court is a clone?

It seems that during the early aftermath of any event there will be wildly conflicting account. Some dismiss that to scene chaos. Others will of course offer conspiracy theories...

Helps to actually read posts when you choose to respond to them, doesn't it? I didn't offer up any theory, you're the one trying to bait people into conspiracy theories. I just said this photo was released as a response to this glamorous photo on the cover of this magazine, and we normally wouldn't have seen this photo and it is pretty strange there's no wound like was described and if anyone else notices that. And this has nothing to do with wildly conflicting accounts, the only 2 things I have been going by are the official statements of the men who apprehended him and the photo released, not a bunch of witness accounts and such. That SWAT guy stood there in front of CNN with his whole team and gave this information. I do find the fact that this photo and his story do not line up concerning.

Edited by ChloeB

Helps to actually read posts when you choose to respond to them, doesn't it? I didn't offer up any theory, you're the one trying to bait people into conspiracy theories. I just said this photo was released as a response to this glamorous photo on the cover of this magazine, and we normally wouldn't have seen this photo and it is pretty strange there's no wound like was described and if anyone else notices that. And this has nothing to do with wildly conflicting accounts, the only 2 things I have been going by are the official statements of the men who apprehended him and the photo released, not a bunch of witness accounts and such. That SWAT guy stood there in front of CNN with his whole team and gave this information. I do find the fact that this photo and his story do not line up concerning.

Rest assured all your posts were read in full but am automatically link lazy here so sorry about that. Many others also are link lazy too and expecting everyone to click on every youtube video posted is unrealistic.

Thanks again for being gentle and repointing out that video as proof when asked. It seems more proof of scene chaos than of conspiracy theory here.

The following definitely sounds like a conspiracy theory that "they" slit his throat so he couldn't talk. Who is "they" anyways?

Yeah, I really have my doubts about it too. I think his mother was telling the truth that they slit his throat so he couldn't talk. It's not slit in that picture, which I think is far more important and concerning than the cover of some stupid magazine.

So am asking again, who is "they" who slit his throat? Who is the Jahar that talks to his mother and talks in court? If unable to answer then the original assertion that "they" slit his throat to silence him begins to fall apart as the conspiracy theory it is.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

This thread was about the cover of Rolling Stone, that had the bombers face on it.. There was no need for anyone to stretch the entire thread into a long winded conspiracy.. You know that yourself... Conspiracies lead to some pros yes, but mainly a lot of cons, that leave you frustrated...

the world needs you- how do you shoot yourself in the mouth when you dont have a gun?

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 2

Rest assured all your posts were read in full but am automatically link lazy here so sorry about that. Many others also are link lazy too and expecting everyone to click on every youtube video posted is unrealistic.

Thanks again for being gentle and repointing out that video as proof when asked. It seems more proof of scene chaos than of conspiracy theory here.

The following definitely sounds like a conspiracy theory that "they" slit his throat so he couldn't talk. Who is "they" anyways?

So am asking again, who is "they" who slit his throat? Who is the Jahar that talks to his mother and talks in court? If unable to answer then the original assertion that "they" slit his throat to silence him begins to fall apart as the conspiracy theory it is.

I don't know who did it or how it happened, and I'm not going to speculate to give the bored crybabies and moderator wannabe's anything else whine about "conspiracy theories." What I'm saying is that the officer who got mad over this magazine released this photo, and we weren't supposed to see it and he was suspended for doing so. In addition, the story and the photo do not match. That is what I know. His mother said they slit his throat so he couldn't talk, but I don't know if she ever said exactly who they are. It does appear if there were a throat injury it happened after capture and after that picture. That's all I can say.

Edited by ChloeB
  • Like 1

the world needs you- how do you shoot yourself in the mouth when you dont have a gun?

It was widely reported at first that he shot himself and the bullet exited the back of his throat, then it was confirmed he did not have a gun, one SWAT officer said he had a slice on the front corner of his throat and it could have been from shrapnel, so there is lots of information in the rush to get information in the press.

With these conflicting facts some will claim a conspiracy theory while others understand we do not have all the facts but that they will come out in due time as the trial begins and until then we can only speculate by extracting the most plausible likelihoods from all that conflicting information.

A. My theory as of now is that while he did not shoot himself that the wound still entered through the mouth if by bullet from others shooting at him before the arrest or by shrapnel or debris during the standoff but that any damage to his larynx only left exterior evidence from the back of his neck thus no blood in the front in the newly leaked photos.

B. Or course we can just jump to the shady conclusion that some nefarious plan was unleashed to silence him (a plan which obviosuly failed) by "them" shooting at him after the arrest and that he has now been replaced by a "clone" in court.

For some reason paragraph A sounds more plausible than the conspiracy theory in paragraph B.

What is your view?

What is now in bold below is still all that I am going to stand by for now outside of speculation that we are all allowed to do but one should understand the difference between speculation and verifed fact while CTer only stand by their theories and reject any subsequent verified facts to come after.

CTers will claim their view is fact while the posts below speaks in terms of conjecture.

Tried looking for that first thing after those arrest photos came out. Maybe the initial reports claiming he had a throat injury and had to resort to writing to communicate were not very clear regarding the injury itself.

Alternatively they did mention something about being shot in the mouth so the projectile could have entered there. Of course some will claim he could have been shot in the mouth after being arrested. Will wait for more information to be released before speculating.

His mother would probably not repeat that claim as they have since talked to each other.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-walking-talking-and-claiming-hes-innocent/65741/

Sounds as if he is healing from his injured larynx. The article below also offers conjecture that the projectile entered via his mouth creating an exit wound behind his neck which would explain why the front of his neck is wound free.

Would still prefer actual verification but there is no reason to begin conspiracy theorizing. If "they" actually wanted to silence him wouldn't they have also removed hands to keep him from writing or better yet taken his life which is the only way to truly silence someone as feet and blinking can also be used to communicate?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-bomber-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-shot-1846537

I don't know who did it or how it happened, and I'm not going to speculate to give the bored crybabies and moderator wannabe's anything else whine about "conspiracy theories." What I'm saying is that the officer who got mad over this magazine released this photo, and we weren't supposed to see it and he was suspended for doing so. In addition, the story and the photo do not match. That is what I know. His mother said they slit his throat so he couldn't talk, but I don't know if she ever said exactly who they are. It does appear if there were a throat injury it happened after capture and after that picture. That's all I can say.

This is reasonable now.

Thank you for further clarifying. Hope we are in agreement that conspiracy theories begin to fall apart once we look deeper and that there is no reason in believing, spreading, or defending them.

One question left: Did his mother really say "they slit his throat"?

Edited by The world needs you

I don't know who did it or how it happened, and I'm not going to speculate to give the bored crybabies and moderator wannabe's anything else whine about "conspiracy theories." What I'm saying is that the person who got mad over this magazine released this photo, and we weren't supposed to see it and he was suspended for doing so. In addition, the story and the photo do not match. That is what I know. His mother said they slit his throat so he couldn't talk, but I don't know if she ever said exactly who they are. It does appear if there were a throat injury it happened after capture and after that picture. That's all I can say.

It's definitely strange....another oddity in the case.

Well, when the manhunt in Watertown was taking place, you can hear just hundreds of gun shots going off. Then when they were apprehended, the New York Times (I believe) said it was an assault rifle. Well, a few weeks later it comes out that no gun was found on them...So who was firing all those shots? And remember the residents of Watertown saying their cars or Windows had bullet holes in them? Link: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1321824

The firefight that erupted between police and the Boston Marathon bombing suspects was not limited to the streets of Greater Boston in Friday's early hours — as streams of wayward bullets spilled into homes.

Police sirens awoke many Watertown, Mass. residents to find bullets lodged in walls, furniture ruined and holes in windows. Although Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed in the firefight, his brother Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, is still at large and believed to be dangerous.

And Professor you are right. How do you shoot yourself in the mouth if you don't have a gun?

Link: http://www.dailymail...ng-himself.html

Two unnamed U.S. officials have told the Associated Press that the surviving suspect in the Boston bombings was unarmed when police captured him hiding inside a boat in a neighborhood back yard.

The report contradicts the Boston police department's own account of Dzhokar Tsarnaev's capture on Friday - after commissioner Ed Davies described a firefight between him and officers before the terror suspect was captured.

The New York Times also said an M4 rifle had been found on the boat - another claim contradicted by the latest revelations.

Officers had originally said they had exchanged gunfire with Tsarnaev for more than one hour Friday evening before they were able to subdue him.

But on Wednesday, the law enforcement officials told the AP that no gun was found aboard the vessel.

Just doesn't add up....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 3

This is reasonable now.

Thank you for further clarifying. Hope we are in agreement that conspiracy theories begin to fall apart once we look deeper and that there is no reason in believing, spreading, or defending them.

One question left: Did his mother really say "they slit his throat"?

Yes, she did when they interviewed her, cut or slit his throat is how I believe she phrased it. If you google, I'm sure you could find it. I've got an IT exam, I've got to head off to study for so I don't have time to find it now, but she did say that in an interview and I heard it myself. Well you guys have to be careful about slapping that scarlet letter of conspiracy theory of anyone who raises issues that don't go along with the accepted media viewpoint like was done to me here. I know people are fed up with the crazy stuff, the reptilians and all that, but there's a lot out there that worries people and it's not always easy to bring up even if it's reasonable like I feel like what I've pointed out here is, you have people bugging out over it. Kneejerk responses are commonplace around here, people tend to follow the herd, which is quite boring. I like people who can think for themselves.

• Like 1

This thread was about the cover of Rolling Stone, that had the bombers face on it...

I'm not sure I get the whole "controversy". Do people want RS to pain a Hitler mushtash on him? Ugly up and photoshop the picture? That's what he looks like. It's a real and good legitimate story asking about how this person who clearly loves American culture could do what he did. The whole point of the picture was to challenge people's ideas of him being a dirty terrorist living in a cave....

I'm not sure I get the whole "controversy". Do people want RS to pain a Hitler mushtash on him? Ugly up and photoshop the picture? That's what he looks like. It's a real and good legitimate story asking about how this person who clearly loves American culture could do what he did. The whole point of the picture was to challenge people's ideas of him being a dirty terrorist living in a cave....

At first glance, it looks as if it is glamorising a terrorist, this is what I think is annoying people. When you look at the picture, it does look like some rock star or celeb, it just doesn't fit, this is what people are getting at.. I cannot see it as the 'norm' myself for glossy mags..A bit of an oxymoron so to speak .. I have never in my life seen any glossy mag do this, but then again, you can't buy Rolling Stone over here...

Of course you don't get it. He should be portrayed as a dirty little terrorist. Why do we need such a challenge? I get the need to understand the enemy but you and some others seem to want people to feel some kind of empathy for the terrible choices he made.

Edited by F3SS

Of course you don't get it. He should be portrayed as a dirty little terrorist. Why do we need such a challenge? I get the need to understand the enemy but you and some others seem to want people to feel some kind of empathy for the terrible choices he made.

I read the article last night and I empathised. He was a promising wrestler and student who, due to a handful of events, became disillusioned and radicalised. It is important to understand the reasons why so that we can try to prevent similar incidents occurring in the future. I think he has more in common with a school shooter than what we would typically consider a terrorist. And if not for the influence of his brother, who apparently was suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness, I doubt he would have ever done anything violent.

So it isn't a simple case of he's evil and shouldn't be talked about. Closing your eyes and covering your ears wont solve a damn thing. The article does not glamorize or glorify him, instead it does something more important - it humanizes him. And I'm certain Charles Manson, Timothy McVeigh and Ted Kazincski have all appeared on magazine covers before.

• Like 1

Is this the first selfie to make the cover of Rolling Stone?

I read the article last night and I empathised. He was a promising wrestler and student who, due to a handful of events, became disillusioned and radicalised. It is important to understand the reasons why so that we can try to prevent similar incidents occurring in the future. I think he has more in common with a school shooter than what we would typically consider a terrorist. And if not for the influence of his brother, who apparently was suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness, I doubt he would have ever done anything violent.

So it isn't a simple case of he's evil and shouldn't be talked about. Closing your eyes and covering your ears wont solve a damn thing. The article does not glamorize or glorify him, instead it does something more important - it humanizes him. And I'm certain Charles Manson, Timothy McVeigh and Ted Kazincski have all appeared on magazine covers before.

Manson looks like a creep no matter what so any visual portrayal won't make him look good and as for the others I'm sure the imagery wasn't flattering if they were featured. The picture on the cover of RS would have been suitable as a smaller captioned imaged within the article as to show what a deceptive animal like himself could look like. A wolf in sheeps clothing comes to mind. Anyways, I know he possibly used to be normal but I couldn't care less to empathize and humanize him. That's the problem that I see is you feel bad for him. Screw him. You can make all the excuses you like and try and tell me he's a person too. Understanding the enemy is one thing. Feeling bad for him is another. If he wanted pity he shouldn't have done what he did. He should've went to the authorities and turned himself and his plot to mass murder over to the FBI. So now that you understand him what about the other several million like him? You going to understand the problem away? I doubt it.

Anyways, I know he possibly used to be normal but I couldn't care less to empathize and humanize him. That's the problem that I see is you feel bad for him. Screw him. You can make all the excuses you like and try and tell me he's a person too. Understanding the enemy is one thing. Feeling bad for him is another.

Well, regardless of how evil you feel him to be, he is in fact another human. It's not about feeling bad; it's about understanding, through empathy. Putting yourself in his shoes lets you choose how you would have developed, and gives you a better understanding likely. If all were like you, there would be no need to understand the evil people in the world, save to defend and offend the evils.

But luckily we are not all sharing your view, and attempt to learn why people do the things they do, by viewing them as the humans they in fact are, as opposed to demons posing as the rest of us. If the 'royal we' do this, we are surely obligated to share what we learned, right?

Or we can all be the enemy, calling each other evil, and fighting each other all of the time. This has been seeming to work.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

Well, regardless of how evil you feel him to be, he is in fact another human. It's not about feeling bad; it's about understanding, through empathy. Putting yourself in his shoes lets you choose how you would have developed, and gives you a better understanding likely. If all were like you, there would be no need to understand the evil people in the world, save to defend and offend the evils.

But luckily we are not all sharing your view, and attempt to learn why people do the things they do, by viewing them as the humans they in fact are, as opposed to demons posing as the rest of us. If the 'royal we' do this, we are surely obligated to share what we learned, right?

Or we can all be the enemy, calling each other evil, and fighting each other all of the time. This has been seeming to work.

I like your post pre-edit. Killing off the demons is just as well. They have existed forever. All the understanding ever attempted has done squat to alleviate evil minded people. So either eliminate them as necessary or let them kill each other which is preferable. Both will happen either way and all the empathy in the world doesn't change the CHOICES HE MADE. The only human contact he deserves is five minutes alone with the man of each family affected by his stupid ass.

So either eliminate them as necessary or let them kill each other which is preferable.

You understand this is what holy wars are, right? Killing th evil 'over there' so the good 'over here' can prosper. This is sort of the mentality a terrorist has, which is one you are sort of sharing here. To say that we haven't been able to completely stop killing each other in hate, so we shouldn't even try is bad, right? That's giving up.

• Like 1

You understand this is what holy wars are, right? Killing th evil 'over there' so the good 'over here' can prosper. This is sort of the mentality a terrorist has, which is one you are sort of sharing here. To say that we haven't been able to completely stop killing each other in hate, so we shouldn't even try is bad, right? That's giving up.

Hey man I'd rather leave them to their own demise in their lands. I'm not wanting to go out of our way to kill them. I think the wars have become ridiculous. It's only when they mess with US citizens minding our own business I feel the need to take them ones in particular out. I don't are what they do over there. They hate me simply for not being Muslim. Far as I'm concerned they can. In no way do I feel a need to plot and scheme against them like they do. I think you know that's not what I mean. If not, now you do.

We are better than them** in every way imaginable. Bring our boys home and secure the snot out of our borders. We will never understand the problem away.

** by 'them' in no way do I mean Muslims in general so please let's refrain from that broken record argument

Edited by F3SS

Btw Only, you take good pictures. They're slow loading on the iPad but ill scope em later on the pc. I dabble too but don't I'm more of a snap shooter than a scene maker. I have ADD when it comes to hobbies. I get into all kinds of stuff but never stick to one thing enough to get real good. I achieve mediocrity on a regular basis with my arts. Never terrible but never great.

He should be portrayed as a dirty little terrorist. Why do we need such a challenge?

They would have had to use photoshop to change the image. Apparently you're ok with being lied to.

You need the challenge because your view of him is skewed. That does NOT mean I empathize. But about generalizations.

They would have had to use photoshop to change the image. Apparently you're ok with being lied to.

You need the challenge because your view of him is skewed. That does NOT mean I empathize. But about generalizations.

I've only meant to use another image. Pretty sure I've been clear on that. Anyways, I get that he was somebody else before but I don't ca who he was. Other commenters, at least one, have already stated they feel empathy. That means he gets the struggle. I despise the struggle but that's a mute point. What I don't want is my little cousins and mush brained young men and women seeing this and 'understanding his poor soul'. I know the article may counter the pic, though unlikely, but young minds are easily affected by imagery.

I'm not as simple as you may think. Online here we tend to converse about singular subjects and only know parts of each other. All I want is terrorism to be portrayed as the pure evil it is. I'd be happier if they photoshopped devil horns and a hitler stache on him.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1