Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The sun is cold?

Jennifer_P

www.luisprada.com/protected/The_Sun_Is_Cold_I.htm

I orginally heard this from Brian Kendrick (The wrestler).

Now, if the sun is cold, why do we burn,tan? Why do things get warm? Now, could this be because the sun is so cold these things happen?

This seems kinda silly to me. But every now and then I find myself wondering. Is everything we've been taught about the sun a lie? I digress. I think its bullspit, but what are your thoughts?

He means all the time, not just during the day when it sets.

I think much of the suns effects has to do with our atmosphere; while it filters some of the harmful wavelengths, enough still get through and too much exposure at prolonged periods can be harmful.

I have heard that it is not so much the suns heat that warms us but rather the effects of its various wavelengths too..heat needs a medium to travel and space has little of that PLUS heat in itself, as I understand, is a by-product of other chemical interactions.

But in essence the sun is not cold, science has already been able to determine its temperatures but I do not think the heat it generates goes beyond the outer layer (the coronosphere I think?)

I agree with you. Like i said, i think the sun being cold all the time is just silly, like wasp said, its cold when it sets. And that's it. But it would be kinda cool to go into space and land on the sun and turn into an ice person. Haha.

• Like 1

Lol, just step off the shuttle and need 6 layers of clothes and a parka just to be on the sun! Haha.

I agree with you. Like i said, i think the sun being cold all the time is just silly, like wasp said, its cold when it sets. And that's it. But it would be kinda cool to go into space and land on the sun and turn into an ice person. Haha.

The sun doesnt get cold when the sun sets....as the sun sets, its rising in other area of the earth.......really.... **facepalm**

• Like 1

I'm really starting to wonder about mankind.

• Like 1

It's a GIGANTIC BALL of FIRE so large and so hot that it can literally cook you like a steak from 93 MILLION MILES AWAY! And as stars go, it's tiny.

How stoned do you have to be to even entertain the thought of a cold sun?

• Like 2

Our star isn't cold but Brown Dwarfs are and Y-Dwarfs are cold enough to touch.

Edited by krypter3

Our star isn't cold but Brown Dwarfs are and Y-Dwarfs are cold enough to touch.

Brown dwarfs are generally considered substellar objects, not true stars.

Cold is subjective here. Even a Y-Dwarf has a surface temperature of 300K (26oC, 80oF) which, as you correctly stated, is cool enough to touch, but is still several hundred degrees than warmer than space itself. Most brown dwarfs have temperatures ranging from several hundred to several thousand degrees and the hottest can be indistinguishable, temperature wise, from a low mass star.

One presumes the mass oF n subject put in the "No live as know it" category.'

this i got from the linked website, it seems like they took the old "**** science, we were told the truth by space aliens!"-approach:

"Besides metaphysical information, this website presents messages given by the Galactic Federation for the awakening of humanity. Our main reference book for Astrophysics and spiritual science is the Book of Urantia. Disseminate this information is part of our mission and the reason why this website was created. Official science, which is fundamentalist, a religion and carries dogma, does not approve nor endorse most of the information we carry in this website"

well....you might as well take your physics lessons by the above mentioned wrestler then.....

• Like 2

Lol Id3al i meant colder not cold. Anyway this is getting interesting. And its also making me look stupid XD

Anyway this is getting interesting. And its also making me look stupid XD

you can always take comfort in the fact that asking questions of your own sanity means you're not truly insane.....

;-)

Edited by shrooma

think the sun being cold all the time is just silly, like wasp said, its cold when it sets.

My brain hurst.

• Like 1

Lol Id3al i meant colder not cold. Anyway this is getting interesting. And its also making me look stupid XD

I think maybe that's where the thought was swirling...not that the sun was "cold" but that our's is relatively "colder" than others, maybe. Otherwise, yep, that'd be in the too stupid to live category :w00t:

I don't know if radiation has a temperature of its own until it interacts with other atoms, ? the suns energy is basically radiation

• Like 1

I think maybe that's where the thought was swirling...not that the sun was "cold" but that our's is relatively "colder" than others, maybe. Otherwise, yep, that'd be in the too stupid to live category :w00t:

I'm afraid it IS in the stupid category. In fact it fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

This is how the site that the OP linked to starts:

The sun is really cold, contrary to what official science says.

As actual proof, the outer space exposed to sun rays without any blockage from atmosphere is really extremely cold to approximately 3ºK (-273ºC), water freezes approximately at 4ºC. Why is it not then extremely hot, since when sun is resplendent, in summer for instance, and there are no clouds is hot outdoors.

Source: HERE (Warning, click only if you are happy to be exposed to extreme stupidity).

• Like 2

The sun doesnt get cold when the sun sets....as the sun sets, its rising in other area of the earth.......really.... **facepalm**

They mean the fact that the sun warms the area of earth it is shining on shows it's not cold.

I'm afraid it IS in the stupid category. In fact it fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

This is how the site that the OP linked to starts:

Source: HERE (Warning, click only if you are happy to be exposed to extreme stupidity).

Dear god, my brain exploded due to the sheer stupidity of that article.