Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

human spontaneous combustion

whitefox41209

quite a lot left over there, Also may wanna tag the topic as caution or summit that's quite a graphic image. Most cases ive heard of not much is left a foot or a hand maybe. That guy looks like he was lynched poor fella.

Edit : sorry dident really answer your question, its possible im a fan of the Wick Effect.

Edited by Vaise

Welcome to the forums, whitefox. :yes:

As you likely know, spontaneous human combustion is documented, but not well understood.

It's rarity and lack of on-site medical witnesses during the event only adds to the speculation over cause.

That it occurs does not seem to be in question, but the "why" and "how" remains.

I've heard some fairly good theories, such as massive alcohol saturation in the body which gets ignited by, say, a cigarette, but most cases I've read about do not seem to have a single "triggering" factor.

• Like 1

Klingon disruptor laser ray..!

But seriously, Yes, it has happened before, and will again..

That photo though doesn't fit the classic remains of a human spontaneous combustion victim.. it's more like a necklacing..

• Like 3

It's very interesting because the can burn with such heat and intensity so that very little remains, but it's contained enough that flammable things close by dont burn.

Would love an explanation. I'm sure there are a number of contributing factors which are rarely all present.

Lucky otherwise it could be happening all the time.

• Like 1

they coated porkfat in acetone and it burned to ash?!

well, give that man a research grant!

of COURSE it'll ****ing burn, it's ACETONE sherlock! it's nail polish remover, the solvent you use to dissolve fibreglass, and satan p**ses it out.

it's also very highly toxic, and the amount produced by your bodies is miniscule to the extreme, certainly not enough to set you up afluff.

also, low-fat diets dont put your body into ketosis, it's the opposite. high fat, hi protein, low carb, like you'd get on the atkins diet, your body starts to rapidly burn your fat stores putting you into ketosis so you've gotta question this guys findings after making elementary mistakes like that.

who are these "cambridge" guys anyway, never heard of 'em.....

:-)

Setting the legends and misinformation aside, in all but two documented cases, there has always been an outside combustion source. And in the case of the two where there wasn't, it just simply wasn't found. The rest is just the wick effect.

Here is a good review of SHC and what is known about it. There's much less "woo" there than most think.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4258

Setting the legends and misinformation aside, in all but two documented cases, there has always been an outside combustion source. And in the case of the two where there wasn't, it just simply wasn't found. The rest is just the wick effect.

Here is a good review of SHC and what is known about it. There's much less "woo" there than most think.

" Arnold proposes that a particle that he called a "pyrotron" strikes the victim's body and ignites it from within. His pyrotron is unknown to science, of unknown origin, is undetectable, and has no describable properties, except that it seems to have something to do with kundalini yoga. " This I like.There is so much of this type of "reasoning" on the Unexplained-Mysteries site.

• Like 1

Diabetes and acetone build up plus a spark equals poof.

I've heard some people claim it's satan attacking people, guess causing mental illness got old.

Absolutely, and all the victims were heavy drinkers and smokers.

Absolutely, and all the victims were heavy drinkers and smokers.

Well they were all smokers in the end! :w00t:

(sorry but I couldn't help myself)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Well they were all smokers in the end! :w00t:

(sorry but I couldn't help myself)

Oh burn!

Couldn't help it either.

Oh burn!

Couldn't help it either.

Well, that's spontaneous combustion ash on my face huh? This thread is mad old.

• 2 weeks later...