Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clear Photo Of Wingless Jersey Devil

NatureBoff

I was amazed at the quality of this photo. It matches an eyewitness report of a mystery creature exactly imv. Sighting

Bryan's Sighting

It was just a late night drive home from Philadelphia one evening. I am used to the drive and often see deer and other creatures crossing my path, however this was nothing I had ever seen before. It crossed from farm land on the left side of the road to a dense patch of trees to the right. Color is often hard to describe at night but it appeared to have grey, leathery skin. It appeared to me at first like a kangaroo but was using more of its front legs, sort of half crawling, half slithering. The hind legs were more prominent, again like a kangaroo. It had a pointed tail which was not dragging, but stuck out straight behind the creature. It appeared very streamlined. It had an angular pointed head which resembled a horse. It was larger than any fox I had ever seen and appeared hairless. It also seemed to have an eerie glow about it, possibly due to the color in the moonlight and headlights.

Photo: New Jersey Devil Photo

Just looks fake. The tail especially gives it away. Photographic evidence means nothing in the tech age.

Uhh its a rat...or fake toy

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

It looks suspiciously similar to another good photo of a mystery creature, although this one is bigger and tailless. It has the same short coat and muscular long back legs with a large head and visible ears.

post-94765-0-50627700-1374245428_thumb.j

Edited by NatureBoff

I was amazed at the quality of this photo. It matches an eyewitness report of a mystery creature exactly imv. Sighting

Photo: New Jersey Devil Photo

It's not a wingless Jersey devil... It's a hairless squirrel from Oklahoma... Here's a couple links of it, including a pic of it from the front, holding a nut:

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-this-the-jersey-devil-2013-6

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2013/06/jersey_devil_hairless_squirrel.html

• Like 3

yeah the tail gave it away

It's not a wingless Jersey devil... It's a hairless squirrel from Oklahoma... Here's a couple links of it, including a pic of it from the front, holding a nut:

http://www.businessi...ey-devil-2013-6

http://www.nj.com/so...s_squirrel.html

you had me at "holding a nut"

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-this-the-jersey-devil-2013-6

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2013/06/jersey_devil_hairless_squirrel.html

Okay! Hairless squirrel it is!! Still doesn't explain the other Trail Cam shot though..

At least I got it right that it was a real animal photo and not "Uhh its a rat...or fake toy" or "Just looks fake. The tail especially gives it away.."

Duh

Edited by NatureBoff

Okay! Hairless squirrel it is!! Still doesn't explain the other Trail Cam shot though..

its fake

its a fake still, because it was originally posted as a jersey devil, witch it is clearly a squirel, so the original thought was a fake, the animal is real, but its still fake, sorry its early and im at work hope that made sense

kinda looked like a toy at first so i guess i get were he is coming from on that one

Have you ever posted anything and not acted like a sulky little girl when people doubt the paranormal angle?

Just curious.

• Like 4

Have you ever posted anything and not acted like a sulky little girl when people doubt the paranormal angle?

Just curious.

BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE

• Like 2

lol. You were wrong. It's not paranormal to be a cryptid anyhow, that term applies to ghosts.

It's not surprising that people are reluctant to come forward anymore when they've witnessed something inexplicable. Shame on you all.

It's not surprising that people are reluctant to come forward anymore when they've witnessed something inexplicable. Shame on you all.

if you going to post fake pictures, make up stories, then why bother? are you...bored??

• Like 2

At least I got it right that it was a real animal photo and not "Uhh its a rat...or fake toy" or "Just looks fake. The tail especially gives it away.."

Duh

Well, you didn't get it right in that you claimed it was a wingless Jersey devil. As for the other pic, perhaps reading a thread you participated in about it might help refresh your memory about what some people thought of it. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175433&st=0

• Like 2

HAAAAAHHAHAA

He posted this

"It seems to lack a tail, but similar to a short coated dog-like creature with a large head. It doesn't look like other trail cam shots I've seen before. I want it to be a real cryptid, but it looks a possible fake to me unfortunately. Other complimentary shots might change my opinion though. "

He trolled himself...

• Like 3

Yes, other eyewitness accounts and complimentary photos HAVE changed my opinion. Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database. It shows that initially I was very skeptical about cryptids in general, but after many years of research I think there's definitely something genuine behind it all.

lol. You were wrong. It's not paranormal to be a cryptid anyhow, that term applies to ghosts.

ummm no, supernatural has to do with ghosts etc...., paranormal is anything strange without an explaination, cryptid is right up that alley

Yes, other eyewitness accounts and complimentary photos HAVE changed my opinion. Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database. It shows that initially I was very skeptical about cryptids in general, but after many years of research I think there's definitely something genuine behind it all.

Lol at your thinking you were very skeptical about cryptids at the beginning of that thread. Took ya a whole two days to start posting comments like this from post 14:

It should be noted that I interpret the "racoon" as a dogman infant which has a band across it's nose which makes it look like a racoon. I've heard of this before in a sighting btw. The short coated grey is a female. Great story.

Or let's be generous and give ya about a month into the thread where you make this comment in post 64:

I'm not a believer in ghosts. I'm not a believer in extraterrestial entities behaving as the accounts suggest. That only leaves the flesh and blood cryptids of legend to be real. The evidence supports it imo. More is coming all the time. It's like the LHC experiment, we'll know one way or the other very shortly. Things are hotting up!

You have been so skeptical of cryptids that your first topic here was a couple years before the dogman thread, and read thus:

Springheel Jack is an infamous apparition of horror which has been well documented in Victorian London: Spring Heeled Jack. The red-eyed accounts I saw last night on TV (it being Halloween) reminded me of the picture of the Jersey Devil with it's small wings: Jersey Devil. Could they be similar creatures; beasts which exist in reality? If so, then it ties in with my controversial idea of their ancestry coming from ocean rays that evolved to fly! Sounds rather fanciful, I know. The giant leap and small wings still capable of flight through the water is my guess as to their real identity. (P.S I don't expect anyone to agree with me :rolleyes: )

http://www.unexplain...pic=167706&st=0

Or another thread prior to your dogman thread:

I've recently put forward the idea of a cryptid hyrax being the real identity behind the Dartmoor Beast photo, the Lousiana Swamp Monster trail cam photo and the Beast of Gevaudan. Collectively, I believe that the evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of the new hypothesis that would require an acceleration of continental drift during the glacial part of the 100,000 year climate cycle. Look closely at the evidence before you make you're mind up.

http://www.unexplain...iant hyrax&st=0

• Like 2

Haven't you got some work you should be doing other than making laborious posts? I can't wait to start my own business so I can give this rubbish a rest personally.

HAAAAAHHAHAA

He posted this

"It seems to lack a tail, but similar to a short coated dog-like creature with a large head. It doesn't look like other trail cam shots I've seen before. I want it to be a real cryptid, but it looks a possible fake to me unfortunately. Other complimentary shots might change my opinion though. "

He trolled himself...

agree with me that this is epic!

rashore is a ninja when it comes to calling people on their crap

• Like 2

RASHORE FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I didn't think it was possible for NatureBoff's rep to sink any lower. Time for a name change? :clap:

• Like 3