Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Explosive' NSA Spying Reports Are Imminent

questionmark

Journalist Glenn Greenwald says new reports from the trove of NSA data supplied by whistleblower Edward Snowden can be expected in the next few days. Speaking on a German talkshow, he said they would be even "more explosive in Germany" than previous reporting.

Are new revelations from the NSA data trove going to drop in the next few days? Speaking on a political talk show on German public broadcaster ARD on Thursday night, Glenn Greenwald said he expected stories to appear in the coming days that would be even "more explosive" in Germany than reports previously published about cooperation between the National Security Agency and German intelligence authorities.

Greenwald is the journalist who broke the original story about former NSA contractor and whistleblower Edward Snowden's data trove, revealing how the intelligence agency taps tech giants' user data to facilitate its mass-scale surveillance. Since then, additional reporting on the documents by SPIEGEL has exposed how the American intelligence agency spies on both the European Union and a half-billion communications connections in Germany each month. The reports sparked a massive political debate in Germany over how much the German government knew about the spying -- an egregious violation of the country's privacy laws -- and whether it was actively cooperating with the Americans.

Read more

• Like 1

If we've been spying on other countries private citizens,famous or not ,this is going to get really really ugly

I would say that perhaps it's been really ugly for a long time, just the difference now is that we (the common folk) can actually see it.

The digital age perhaps not so much of a win-win for any government now.

We should all go back to snail mail and ham radios.. maybe even learn the skill of Morse code.

Just a thought :cry:

I would say that perhaps it's been really ugly for a long time, just the difference now is that we (the common folk) can actually see it.

The digital age perhaps not so much of a win-win for any government now.

We should all go back to snail mail and ham radios.. maybe even learn the skill of Morse code.

Just a thought :cry:

The clock cannot be turned back. People just have to be aware of the changes.

If we've been spying on other countries private citizens,famous or not ,this is going to get really really ugly

Surely that's what Spies are for.

• Like 1

cool, so nsa spys on 6 or so billion ppl?? lol, very productive, and usefull. what a waste of money and time.

I don't know about that. I'm sure some of it is wasted time but not all. Other countries are spying on us too. We need to consolidate our spying and bring the nations together that have worked against each other. If there is really to be a serious war on terror via intelligence, we need to bring intelligence communities together across the board. Chinese, Russian, the US, Allies and non Allies need to put their intelligence together and thwart the plans of people trying to attack the civilian population.

• Like 1

I don't know about that. I'm sure some of it is wasted time but not all. Other countries are spying on us too. We need to consolidate our spying and bring the nations together that have worked against each other. If there is really to be a serious war on terror via intelligence, we need to bring intelligence communities together across the board. Chinese, Russian, the US, Allies and non Allies need to put their intelligence together and thwart the plans of people trying to attack the civilian population.

since you mention russia, well russians did give plenty of intelegence on boston bombers, didn't do much good, did it.

since you mention russia, well russians did give plenty of intelegence on boston bombers, didn't do much good, did it.

... just like the U.S. Govt. had plenty of information that a plot was in progress before 9/11 ... it's not necessarily the fault of the Spooks if those to who it's supplied take no notice of it.

that is my point, what good is information if not used??

Let's say that they knew the attacks were going to happen, and even how but not when or by whom. What then? Are you going to evacuate the WTC buildings indefinitely because you know that they are going to be struck by terrorists? Let's say that you do. The terrorists will simply shift their attacks over a few buildings and strike a totally different target with possibly more devastating results as unimaginable that sounds.

How would you handle that situation?

Really all that you could do is threaten or bribe as many resources that you had in the middle east with whatever means you had to go through to get information. What if the information just never comes and the attacks actually happen? Do you then carry out with acting on said threats you made at that time based off of assumption of guilt, in association with the crime?

Edit: Few mistakes corrected and to apologize for derailing topic.

Edited by Ugly1

You also make this statement like Russia is some person that we can verify this information though. I am not able to invite Russia over for dinner. Well I could, but I would probably die from all the Vodka consumption.

Surely that's what Spies are for.

I think we can all agree that we expect some of this between governments and even business, but if the tables were turned, and you found out that your wife was rummaging through your Mother's e-mail account, you wouldn't want Mom to find out, now would you?

That's essentially what's going on, and Mom found out.

Some little part of me wants to believe that Snowden is actually a reincarnation of Benjamin Franklin, or Thomas Jefferson, who has come back to destroy the reincarnation of King George's monarchy.

It's people like Snowden that renew my hope in humanity, but it's Mom that renewed my faith in miracles.

9323294933_615c10bf5a_o.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness