Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WWE and TNA discussion thread

Jennifer_P

Anyone watch these or am I the only rasslin nerd?

Fave in TNA: Chris Sabin

In WWE Randy Orton and John Cena (How clique right?)

The funny thing about the WWE is this: if you're a wrestler facing an opponent during a match, the more you get beat up during the match, the better your chances are of winning.

What do I mean?

You see it all of the time. One wrestler gets beat up through most of the match, but then makes a big comeback near the very end of the showdown and wins.

I used to watch both WWE and TNA (or is that Impact Wrestling now?). But I haven't watched either since before Wrestlemania 2012 (though I do make a habit of watching the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania each year). TNA went downhill when they got rid of the six-sided ring. But I admit I was an AJ Styles fan, I also liked Matt Morgan, but he never got the push he deserved. In WWE I'd probably say CM Punk was my favourite, he is simply the best wrestler on the planet at the moment (all-round, fantastic in-ring performer, amazing mic skills - his build-up against Cena when he invented the "pipe bomb" was the most compelling WWE television I'd seen). Daniel Bryan is a close-second though. John Cena, he just can't wrestle, and seemingly he can't lose. Be honest, in a one-on-one match when was the last time he was legitimately beaten without someone breaking the rules? The Rock at Wrestlemania in 2012. But before that? Even CM Punk beating him for the Title in Chicago had to be done with the interference of Mr McMahon. From memory, before that the last time he lost legitimately it was a "fluke", when Sheamus put him through a table in a Tables match. That was 2009. Think about it. As said, I haven't watched either in a couple of years, so maybe John Cena's been beaten legitimately since 2012, but considering he beat the Rock at Wrestlemania this year, I somehow doubt it.

Edited by Paranoid Android

The funny thing about the WWE is this: if you're a wrestler facing an opponent during a match, the more you get beat up during the match, the better your chances are of winning.

What do I mean?

You see it all of the time. One wrestler gets beat up through most of the match, but then makes a big comeback near the very end of the showdown and wins.

Not really. In every match there are momentum swings. One person is totally dominant and the other is crawling around at snails pace and suddenly a big move is pulled off and the other guy twitches for a while, as the momentum shifts, the crawling guy gets his wind back and suddenly he's at it 100% full-pace and the other guy is crawling. Though it is more often the case that the big man dominates for longer against the small man, but as always there are shifts, and the small guy doesn't always win.

Then there are the squash matches which a heavily pushed star is pitted against the Jobbers and wins in 30-seconds flat after hitting a couple of signature moves.

Yeah Cm Punk is a favorite of mine too. Trent Baretta is in TNA now under a diffrent name.

Chris Sabin though, he's got alot of talent, i wish Alex Shelley was still with TNA he was great too. But Alex got under used when Sabin had his knee injury.

Though my favorite tag team is always going to be.. Brian Kendrick, Paul London, And i miss the old old days of the ultamate warrior, bret hart and so on.

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Miz, and RVD.

Divas AJ Lee, Mickie, and Kaitlyn.

All time - Stone Cold, Rock, Team Xtreme (Hardyz and Lita), Radicalz, Dudleyz, Trish Stratus, DX and Chyna.

Yeah Cm Punk is a favorite of mine too. Trent Baretta is in TNA now under a diffrent name.

Yeah, reading this thread got me interested in what was happening around the wrestling world, so I did some reading and found out that Baretta was in TNA. Hopefully he'll get more air time than WWE, he and Tyson Kidd were two talented wrestlers who were severely under-used, in my opinion. That's McMahon for you, though, pushing the big muscles before the high-flyers. Though I just heard RVD's back in WWE and I was a big fan of RVD - he was just returning to TNA when I stopped watching, actually.

What I'd dearly love to see though is an "I Quit" match involving John Cena, where Cena loses. I know exactly how they can do it while still keeping Cena's "never give up" persona in tact. They just need to find the right Heel. It would have to be a truly despised Heel, not just any run-of-the-mill heel turn could do it (Batista, for example, before he quit for real, was NOT the right person for it, while I could potentially see The Miz doing it at the height of his Heel run, maybe Dolph Ziggler, but from what I was reading he's turning Face so that's not going to be really helpful).

Chris Sabin though, he's got alot of talent, i wish Alex Shelley was still with TNA he was great too. But Alex got under used when Sabin had his knee injury.

Though my favorite tag team is always going to be.. Brian Kendrick, Paul London, And i miss the old old days of the ultamate warrior, bret hart and so on.

Aww, Shelley left. I was a fan of the Machine Guns. Sad to see that they won't be together again. Sabin and Shelley were good together, and I must say that TNA did a lot better with their tag-team and Knockouts divisions than the WWE has.

Bret Hart is probably my all-time favourite wrestler. He was the first wrestler I I ever saw as a kid, the first show I ever watched was an early King of the Ring from 1993, which Bret Hart won in a tough and epic struggle. Then to top it off, when he was crowned king, Jerry Lawler came on screen and told Hart that there was only one King in the wrestling business. Hart replies "the only king you are, is the Burger King". So Lawler grabs his sceptre and beats the heck out of Hart. Classic, definitely the best there is, the best there ever was, and the best there ever will be :yes:

Aww, Shelley left. I was a fan of the Machine Guns. Sad to see that they won't be together again. Sabin and Shelley were good together

Oh man, i love the Machine Guns, don't even get me started haha! they are my favorite tag team in TNA

I used to love the Hardy's but Matt irl isn't that great of a guy, Jeff is super nice though! I can't stand Matt now, he's rather full of himself, yes personal experience i don't want to go into.

But as for the Machine Guns, i own every dvd they are featured in, well almost all, but yeah i've been a fan since forever. I can't even remeber not being a fan.

God i miss them together. Alex asked for his release and i don't blame him, as for the MCMG, i don't think they will ever be a team again because Alex said something to the tone of "The Machine Guns are done".

They also have a band with Petey Williams called "The High Crusade" Great stuff.

Edited by Jennifer_P

Some matches will be one-sided, and the wrestler getting his/her butt kicked gets pinned in the end (or looses by submission).

However, in many other matches, one wrestler will get his/her butt kicked throughout most of the match, only to come out with the win.

So what do you think about the rumour that Sting is heading to WWE? With a possible match-up with the Undertaker at Wretlemania. That would mean a guaranteed loss for the Stinger, Taker simply won't lose to the face of WCW. I'd also expect if that were to happen for the Undertaker to make one more trip to Wrestlemania, probably against John Cena, with the WWE Championship at stake. The Undertaker could defeat Cena, and retire as the champ, vacating the belt for Cena vs Ziggler in 2015. If Sting faces someone else though, maybe a legend like The Rock, then Wrestlemania 30 would be massive (as in truly epic), with The Rock vs Sting, and then Cena could face Taker in 2014, same result - streak vs title, with Taker retiring as champ.

Thoughts? Personally, that would be a dream. As much as I'd love to see Undertaker vs Sting, I think a far smarter decision would be for Sting to beat The Rock (alternatively he could face a legend like HHH, Shawn Michaels, or Steve Austin, all of whom could conceivably compete at Wrestlemania next year) and Cena to finally get whipped by the Undertaker. Sting could then go on to win the World Heavy Weight Championship, probably at Summerslam, and then retire the belt and update a new one (or unify it with the WWE title). That is smart booking if ever I saw it, and it's entirely possible. The alternative would be after facing The Rock he'd simply play a backstage mentoring role, perhaps wrestling a couple of matches to help get some young talent over (much like Chris Jericho was doing over his last couple of runs).

And of course, it would mean Sting being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. It would be tragic if Sting retired and could never be put on the Hall of Fame.

While I'm busy booking Wrestlemania 30 matches, I may as well also add a wish list. Aside from the Undertaker/Cena and Sting/Rock matches, I'd also like to see:

* HHH (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs HBK (w/ Vince McMahon) for control of the WWE

* CM Punk vs Steve Austin, in a Texas Brawl (aka No Holds Barred). Brock Lesnar was not booked for Wrestlemania at all (kayfabe angered management who canceled his original booking against the Rattlesnake), and in a fit of rage and protest involves himself in the match, beats down on both Austin and Punk for a time, then both team up and hit their signatures on him before they square off against each other once again.

These four matches would guarantee the most hyped Wrestlemania of all time, in my opinion.

I watched when Stone Cold Steve Austin, and The Rock were going at it.....

Also, The Ultimate Warrior.....

Not to into it anymore........Now I watch UFC...... :tu:

I don't think Sting would return to WWE since he is in kinda of a big deal right now with the MEM.

Some of my dream Wrestlemania matches off the top of my head are

Triple H vs CM Punk (I know it happened, but I would like to see this again)

Kane vs Undertaker vs Sting

Lita vs Trish Stratus - Ladder match

Hardyz vs. Kofi and Evan (TLC)

Stone Cold vs Goldberg

Daniel Bryan vs Y2J

Goldust vs Cody Rhodes

The Rock vs Triple H (One more time!)

I don't think Sting would return to WWE since he is in kinda of a big deal right now with the MEM.

Reports are that Sting is quite disgruntled over at TNA, he feels like he's being put out to pasture in favour of new talent. And with that said, Sting cannot "return to WWE", he has never worked for WWE. Arguably the best wrestler never to work for that company.

Sting is getting up there in age, and I think a move to WWE for a Hall of Fame spot and a Wrestlemania moment is the one thing that Sting really needs. If he waits another year, it might not happen at all.

Now I remember why I stopped watching these shows. I kept on hypothesising these great story lines and they never eventuated. When Miz and Cena faced each other in an I Quit Match (with Alex Riley) I thought The Miz was perfectly placed to make Cena say those embarrassing words. He'd teased for weeks that he could get under Cena's skin, that there are more ways than physical hurt to make him quit. And then the time comes and his big plan is "it's No DQ, so it's a 2-on-1 handicap" followed by a Foley-esque recording. At one point brief point in the match I briefly had hopes that they'd do it, but they weren't courageous enough to pull the trigger - Miz confronts a kid in the front row, a Cena fan and says to him "do you still think your hero will win". The kid says "YES". At this point, how cool it would have been if The Miz jumped the kid, and pulled him over the barricade, positioning him for a Skull Crushing Finale (of course, the kid would have to be an actor)? Cena is torn but eventually says, "ok Miz... I Quit, just let the kid go". The bell rings, and the kid is let go (if it was the Attitude Era, Miz would earn the win and then give the Skull Crushing Finale anyway, putting Cena into horror, and establishing Miz as the most hated Heel in recent memory).

Last night I couldn't sleep, my mind was going around how Sting, Rock, Cena, Undertaker can be used for Wreslemania. I still think a Streak-vs-Title match with Cena and Taker, with Taker winning and retiring the next day on Raw. But I've herd rumours that Mark Calaway (Undertaker) doesn't want to retire with a perfect Wrestlemania record. If this is the case, they could put up Cena's "Never Give Up" mantra against Undertaker's "I will not lose on the grandest stage" in an I Quit match. The fight could then be fought to a No Contest, as both are carried out on a stretcher, neither saying I Quit. Undertaker never lost, but neither is the record perfect.

Or, and here would be an even better end to the I Quit match! Cena beats Undertaker to the point of delirium. He's got a sledgehammer held over Undertaker and he's about to swing, and reads Undertaker's eyes, he knows that no matter what Taker will not yield, even if it means a sledgehammer splitting his skull open. John Cena in an act of extreme emotion could take the microphone, and with all the emotion learned from his movie career say something like "I cannot defeat him, I can only end him. *long pause, and a sad, resigned voice* I... Quit". Cue the Undertaker's theme music, and several minutes later when Undertaker recovers his sense, takes the microphone back and says "No. I did not win. I Quit!". The referee looks stunned and eventually reverses the decision, cuing Cena's theme. Both men won and both men lost, and that would be much more emotional as both Cena and Undertaker walk from the ring carrying each other's bruised and battered bodies in a sign of ultimate respect, thus closing down the greatest ending to a Wrestlemania match in history.

It might even help Cena's one-dimensional persona to stretch him a bit in this way. See what I mean? My mind just races in circles trying to find the best storyline for the best impact. The sad thing is, at the end of the day, when Wrestlemania rolls around next year, I'll probably look at this predication and see the actual truth:

Undertaker vs Sting

Rock vs Brock

Two anticipated matches, but nothing of the calibre of Rock vs Sting (Icon vs Icon, WWF vs WCW, Wrestlemania is War) and Undertaker vs Cena in I Quit. No matter how good the event is, I'll always look at my predictions and say "what if".

Meanwhile, I was thinking about the possibility of Stone Cold Steve Austin returning. This is how I see a story line develop: Brock Lesnar confronts HHH, wanting a rematch to his humiliating loss at last years Wrestlemania. HHH refuses, saying he's got no respect for him as a competitor. Cue shattering glass and a Stone Cold driving down in his buggy, swigging beers. He tells HHH he has no respect for Brock either, but his way of dealing with punks is to take them down, and the only way that can happen is in a Texas Brawl (No Holds Barred). Speaking of punks, CM Punk's music now plays and he cuts his promo as only he knows how, saying that Brock doesn't deserve to face the Rattlesnake, that only the best in the world is good enough. So HHH makes a match for the Elimination Chamber - Punk vs Brock, for the right to challenge Austin at Wrestlemania. Brock loses, and in a hissy fit goes on a rampage destroying the stage and beating up on camera men and the like. HHH enters again and says that based on the match the two just put on he was considering Triple Threat, but throwing his toys out of the pram, Lesnar is now taken off all Wrestlemania 30 bookings, he won't have a match.

So when Austin and Punk get it on in the Texas Brawl, at some stage, cue Lesnar's music, as he rampages into the match to wreak havoc on Punk and Austin - it's their fault he doesn't have a Wrestlemania moment. Brock gets some airtime, but eventually Austin and Punk team up and deliver a GTS and Stone Cold Stunner. The match resumes and becomes a talking point for Wrestlemania for years to come.

As said, my mind gets carried away, I'd love to see this but it won't happen.

Sting was in WCW which was underworks with the WWE.

But he is kinda getting put on the back burner, which is the exact reason Alex Shelley left, Sabin got injured so they put him to the side.

If Stone Cold returned i'd pee myself i'd be so happy. He is hilarious, the other night who was it... Oh Kurt Angle got kidnapped bu Ace's and 8's and he tweeted "Been kidnapped by the Aces and 8's" and SCSA replied "Calls 911" and then Angle said something to the tune of "Escaped" or something like that I can't rember wha and SCSA replied "My prayers were answered".

And he is just the most down to earth guy. Very funny, very nice talent and if he returned. I would absolutley pee myself out of excitement.

I love your brain Android.

I liked wresting better back in the days when they still called it WWF. :-*

mT_yD5tqROwwUOMHRRYdsnA.jpg

• Like 1

I liked wresting better back in the days when they still called it WWF. :-*

mT_yD5tqROwwUOMHRRYdsnA.jpg

Omg, that is so cute!

But yeah them were good ol days.

stonecold4.jpg

UltimateWarrior001.jpg

hartfound.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!hkFBLYZPf5MBQmcjfo-l!~~60_35.JPG

warriors.jpg

Sting was in WCW which was underworks with the WWE.

At the time, WCW and WWF were rival brands. WWF eventually won and bought out WCW, but when that happened Sting didn't stay, so he's never worked for Vince McMahon or the WWE/WWF brand.

If Stone Cold returned i'd pee myself i'd be so happy. He is hilarious, the other night who was it... Oh Kurt Angle got kidnapped bu Ace's and 8's and he tweeted "Been kidnapped by the Aces and 8's" and SCSA replied "Calls 911" and then Angle said something to the tune of "Escaped" or something like that I can't rember wha and SCSA replied "My prayers were answered".

And he is just the most down to earth guy. Very funny, very nice talent and if he returned. I would absolutley pee myself out of excitement.

I do like Kurt Angle. I fully expect him to make one more run in the WWE before he retires, possibly one last Wrestlemania (WM31, maybe?). Hilarious that he tweeted that he was kidnapped.

I love your brain Android.

Why thank you, I hope WWE Creative are monitoring my post/s :P

At the time, WCW and WWF were rival brands. WWF eventually won and bought out WCW, but when that happened Sting didn't stay, so he's never worked for Vince McMahon or the WWE/WWF brand.

Oh yeaaah you're right. Durh derp.

Lol if they are monortering them, maybe they will get some ideas.

These pictures of the Hart Foundation, The Ultimate Warrior, and LOD brings me back! As a kid, I was a huge fan of the WWF.

• Like 1

Back when I watched TNA, Orlando Jordan and Brian Kendrick were my favorites. I also enjoyed them in the WWE. Mr. Jordan is very sweet out of the ring...

Back when I watched TNA, Orlando Jordan and Brian Kendrick were my favorites. I also enjoyed them in the WWE. Mr. Jordan is very sweet out of the ring...

But very disturbing inside the ring. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

But very disturbing inside the ring. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Well, you do need lots of unique gimmicks to make an interesting show. I thought his was neat. I wasn't too happy with his sexuality being used to gain cheap heat, though.

I was appalled that I was the only one clapping for him at his entrance to the meet-and-greet. People had clapped for Bischoff, but not Mr. Jordan?

But, he is a really nice guy. Embarrassed the hell out of me after one of his classes, but I found it was a positive experience.