Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So, mountain Monsters... BS?

Midyin

So I been watching Mountain Monsters. Figured I would give it a shot, and WOW that show is bad.. lol

For starts most of them are God Awful out of shape, In one episode they was hunting werewolves and they found an old house and as they was inside the place there was this roaring noise outside and big rocks were being thrown at the outside of the house. That was pretty cheesy but I could let it slide, but then in another episode they Allegedly caught a pack of HellHounds in a box trap in an aria that is known to have Coyotes..

I am REALLY smelling BS...

Edited by Midyin
  • Like 1

It's like all the other similar shows. It can be fun to watch so long as you don't take it seriously. Fake? Of course. My biggest complaint is how they handle their firearms. I have seen so many safety violations. I just hope they don't harm anyone. And their traps are very dangerous. I truly hope they cordon off the area so no unsuspecting person (or animal) gets harmed by their dangerous contraptions.

• Like 6

It's like all the other similar shows. It can be fun to watch so long as you don't take it seriously. Fake? Of course. My biggest complaint is how they handle their firearms. I have seen so many safety violations. I just hope they don't harm anyone. And their traps are very dangerous. I truly hope they cordon off the area so no unsuspecting person (or animal) gets harmed by their dangerous contraptions.

They wave their guns around, but I'm betting they're empty...

• Like 1

more white trash crap....like swamp people..pathetic

It's a pretty ridiculous show, and I don't understand why Swamp People is even on the HISTORY Channel, but that's another topic for a thread.. lol

I just think Mountain Monsters is a load of BS..

• Like 1

The most entertaining thing I've seen in a long time. The actors make me laugh, very funny show.

Yeah, it's fake. Most "reality shows" are.

• Like 5

It's funnier than any comedy I've ever seen...They should win some kind of reality show award for getting this produced in the first place.

• Like 2

Just watched the 1st episode (the wolf man). I thought it was brilliant. They had some sketchy video footage, some thermal footage and recorded howling and growling noises and foot prints . I'm now convinced there is something big and scary out in Kentucky. Also they had some funny hunters. I especially thought the redneck ex-marine was brilliant. That bit where they offered him a spare rifle but he said he didn't need a gun cos he'd just slit its throat with a knife cracked me up.

• Like 2

Most reality shows have a huge cornball factor to the

Just watching episode three now and they have footage of a devil dog. Looks and moves like a Hyena. Which is disturbing because if they have a pack of them on the loose someones gonna end up getting eaten.

Ok, watched 4 episodes and they all seem to have an obviously fake noise they play which is supposed to be the creatures in the woods. All of the different creatures sound very similar and have a 'Hollywood' horror film kind of a noise. Also in each episode they manage to find a local with a 4-5 second clip of something disappearing into the woods. The creature noise was almost convincing in the 1st 2 episodes but then it becomes too samey to be believable . The creature clips all look pretty good though, one did indeed look like a wolfman type creature, one looked like a hyena and another looked like a large wildcat, probably a Panther. It just seems to convenient that there is always a local with a few seconds of footage. Would have maybe been more believable if the clips were of varying length and a local actually had more then 4 seconds of footage. Anyway the show is as good, if not better, then Finding Bigfoot and is great for a laugh if you take the whole thing with a (large) pinch of salt.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 1

The thing that got me is they have a good number of guys and yet all of them seem to be all in one spot, they do on occasion split up into two groups, but they need to learn how to utilize their manpower effectively.........and they need to loose some weight and get in better shape. Chasing a creature like that takes guys who get more exercise than walking from the couch to the refrigerator.

.....oh, and they need to shave.

• Like 3

LOL..Midyan ..you took the words out of my mouth..most of history channel has nothing to do with history anymore..lol

• Like 2

It's a joke...complete and utter satire. It is a hoot that they actually got someone to produce this thing and someone actually would put it on the air...

All I can say is....I wish I would have thought of it!

Honestly..the one monster hunter I really respected was Robert Rines..great guy and brought legitimacy to Nessie hunting...

So I been watching Mountain Monsters. Figured I would give it a shot, and WOW that show is bad.. lol

For starts most of them are God Awful out of shape, In one episode they was hunting werewolves and they found an old house and as they was inside the place there was this roaring noise outside and big rocks were being thrown at the outside of the house. That was pretty cheesy but I could let it slide, but then in another episode they Allegedly caught a pack of HellHounds in a box trap in an aria that is known to have Coyotes..

I am REALLY smelling BS...

Just smelling BS? I knew it was BS when I saw the title. Don't even need to watch it.

Well, don't judge until you see it. I did the same thing at first, but watching the show does do a couple of things. It points out what NOT to do when trying find crypto creatures and emphasises the point that organization and planning are essential.

.....being in shape helps as well. I've been in some hilly country just hiking and it's taxing as hell, chasing after a crypto creature is going to drain you and if you're gasping for breath and trying to get off a shot , odds are you won't be able to hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.

• Like 2

Well, don't judge until you see it. I did the same thing at first, but watching the show does do a couple of things. It points out what NOT to do when trying find crypto creatures and emphasises the point that organization and planning are essential.

.....being in shape helps as well. I've been in some hilly country just hiking and it's taxing as hell, chasing after a crypto creature is going to drain you and if you're gasping for breath and trying to get off a shot , odds are you won't be able to hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.

Chasing after mythical creatures does indeed sound very tiring ;)

• Like 1

I liked the way the big guy (Buck I think he is called) managed to put his arm up against his face to cushion the blow of pretending to collapse, in an hypnotic state after seeing the Moth-man.

Unbelievable Red-neck rubbish.

They expect to catch a cryptid in a few days and always manage to have several encounters, they build huge traps using diggers and loads of manpower leaving all kinds of human scents, how many times have we set traps and had to hide or mask our presence, they have zero stealth ability, when tracking or communicating.

Let's dig a 7ft deep hole to catch a 7ft tall werewolf?

Yet someone has funded this garbage. It's always nice to see a dangerous weapon in the hands of intelligent people.

Just watching episode three now and they have footage of a devil dog. Looks and moves like a Hyena. Which is disturbing because if they have a pack of them on the loose someones gonna end up getting eaten.

I saw that one. And the "freshly killed carcuses" that they found at the stream was just too perfect. Somewhat pitiful fake setup. I'm guessing they have a friend who's a taxidermist who had some extra pelts lying around. lol

I liked the way the big guy (Buck I think he is called) managed to put his arm up against his face to cushion the blow of pretending to collapse, in an hypnotic state after seeing the Moth-man.

Unbelievable Red-neck rubbish.

They expect to catch a cryptid in a few days and always manage to have several encounters, they build huge traps using diggers and loads of manpower leaving all kinds of human scents, how many times have we set traps and had to hide or mask our presence, they have zero stealth ability, when tracking or communicating.

Let's dig a 7ft deep hole to catch a 7ft tall werewolf?

Yet someone has funded this garbage. It's always nice to see a dangerous weapon in the hands of intelligent people.

Who in their right mind would fund this? I would love to meet the executive producer that seen the pilot and said "I'll totally put my name on this turd and expect to be respected."... lol

Also the traps are funny as hell, but i thought the most absurd thing i've seen so far was them catching a bunch of K9s and claiming "Yep, we got us a pack of Devil Dogs in that there box." Really, They couldn't have possibly been coyotes?

Hadn't we spent the entire episode hearing Coyotes, finding Coyote tracks and finding dead Coyotes(I'm surprised PETA hasn't attacked them yet) all over the damn place establishing ' Their are Coyotes here'?

Nope, what ever dogs they had in that trap must have been Devil Dogs... lol

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would fund this? I would love to meet the executive producer that seen the pilot and said "I'll totally put my name on this turd and expect to be respected."... lol

Also the traps are funny as hell, but i thought the most absurd thing i've seen so far was them catching a bunch of K9s and claiming "Yep, we got us a pack of Devil Dogs in that there box." Really, They couldn't have possibly been coyotes?

Hadn't we spent the entire episode hearing Coyotes, finding Coyote tracks and finding dead Coyotes(I'm surprised PETA hasn't attacked them yet) all over the damn place establishing ' Their are Coyotes here'?

Yeah, they actually caught some "Devil Dogs" so what did they do to them? What they had is a pack of dogs who'd gone feral, all too common in that area, not only that but people's pets will pack up at night and take on a pack mentality. Biggest danger that I have ever had to deal with when hiking was Dawgs and Hawgs. Which is why I'm always armed now when I go out in the woods. Ok, I did run across some good old boys Marijuana field once, but they weren't there so I left.

• Like 1

What is interesting is during the end credits of thier shows they tell you no animals were trapped in the making of this show.

• Like 4

What is interesting is during the end credits of thier shows they tell you no animals were trapped in the making of this show.

I noticed that as well.

It's all fake, but that doesn't stop any of the other shows from being aired...Including the nightly news.

• Like 2

Come on guys.. get with the program.

The didn't trap any animals, they trapped an unknown species not yet recognised, several Devil Dogs. :lol: