Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So, mountain Monsters... BS?

Midyin

sure it's all real...and so is professional wrestling... :w00t:

what scares me is ....there are apparently enough people watching this crap that the show was renewed. :passifier:

Hellooo, Cleveland!

Please tell me you are kidding

Sadly, most people get the wrong ideas about going out looking for Bigfoots or whatever because of these shows. I recently got into an on-line altercation with a fellow who was going to take his wife and children out "Squatching". Mind you, according to him, he'd no experience in the woods but how hard could it be he says. I hope I don't read about him and his family being found dead somewhere.

Hopefully the fellow hires a "guide" and pays 3000 dollars. Then realizes how he was ripped off and how stupid what he was doing was.

Going out on your own is a recipe for getting hurt, if you don't know anything about the woods. Many 'squatch (shudder at the word) hunters like to go out at night too, because the hollering and tree banging seem louder, and random noises, like trees creaking puts images of bigfoots pushing through the woods, into people's heads. Going out at night into the woods when you are unfamiliar with the outdoors is an even bigger fool thing to do.

• Like 1

Hopefully the fellow hires a "guide" and pays 3000 dollars. Then realizes how he was ripped off and how stupid what he was doing was.

Going out on your own is a recipe for getting hurt, if you don't know anything about the woods. Many 'squatch (shudder at the word) hunters like to go out at night too, because the hollering and tree banging seem louder, and random noises, like trees creaking puts images of bigfoots pushing through the woods, into people's heads. Going out at night into the woods when you are unfamiliar with the outdoors is an even bigger fool thing to do.

True, they do it because they saw those idiots on the TV doing it. Thing is no one ever considers is what do all those whoops, howl and tree knocks mean? Seriously, hunter used a variety of calls but they know what they mean and what response they will likely get.....with a Bigfoot? Who knows? You could be telling the local Biggy's you're a female and looking for some red hot midnight monkey love.

Sort of like people who get tattoos in a foreign language they can't read, you don't really know what that glyph means. But you got it anyway. I saw a thing on Facebook recently where people got tattoos that said things like, "I'm a whore" or "Chicken Noodle Soup". Thinking they were getting some sagely saying by Confucius.

It's really pretty simple, if you don't know what you're saying by means of calls and such, maybe, just maybe you shouldn't do it.

True, they do it because they saw those idiots on the TV doing it. Thing is no one ever considers is what do all those whoops, howl and tree knocks mean? Seriously, hunter used a variety of calls but they know what they mean and what response they will likely get.....with a Bigfoot? Who knows? You could be telling the local Biggy's you're a female and looking for some red hot midnight monkey love.

:tu:

Sort of like people who get tattoos in a foreign language they can't read, you don't really know what that glyph means. But you got it anyway. I saw a thing on Facebook recently where people got tattoos that said things like, "I'm a whore" or "Chicken Noodle Soup". Thinking they were getting some sagely saying by Confucius.

The wife of a friend of mine has always wanted to get some Japanese symbols, because she likes the way they look, but she's afraid that what it will say is, "**** you American!" :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...

I am from WV, and I find this show a little insulting. Not everyone from WV looks like this, acts like this, or believe in "creatures" like this. I have seen this show a few times and couldn't watch it anymore. 1) The only creature that I have ever heard of, that they have mentioned on the show is "The Mothman". 2) On one of the episodes it says they are from Pleasants County and show a map of where it is supposedly located, but they are really pinpointing Marion County (maybe they meant Pleasant Valley in Marion County). If they really wanted people to believe this crap, the least they could do is get the name of the location correct.

Edited by crober10
  • Like 1

I am from WV, and I find this show a little insulting. Not everyone from WV looks like this, acts like this, or believe in "creatures" like this. I have seen this show a few times and couldn't watch it anymore. 1) The only creature that I have ever heard of, that they have mentioned on the show is "The Mothman". 2) On one of the episodes it says they are from Pleasants County and show a map of where it is supposedly located, but they are really pinpointing Marion County (maybe they meant Pleasant Valley in Marion County). If they really wanted people to believe this crap, the least they could do is get the name of the location correct.

I'm from WV too, and I agree. I've never heard of any Lizard Man or whatever they called it and I lived in Wood County, its alleged stomping ground.

I don't think these guys are from WV. They make a point to call them WV "sons" which to me means not from WV.

If hunters and trappers and gun toters operated like these guys in the woods, the White Man would have never survived in NA, and modern hunters/trappers would go home empty-handed.

They are a joke, and hopefully, obviously, meant to be.

But how all these ridiculous paranormal and cryptid hunters from the north, south, east, and west get TV shows is a mystery to me, more of a mystery than whatever they are hunting.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Wow, how is this a topic of conversation??

• 1 month later...

So I been watching Mountain Monsters. Figured I would give it a shot, and WOW that show is bad.. lol

For starts most of them are God Awful out of shape, In one episode they was hunting werewolves and they found an old house and as they was inside the place there was this roaring noise outside and big rocks were being thrown at the outside of the house. That was pretty cheesy but I could let it slide, but then in another episode they Allegedly caught a pack of HellHounds in a box trap in an aria that is known to have Coyotes..

I am REALLY smelling BS...

I believe that this application has spell check. You should really think about using it, especially before you have the nerve to criticize other people. You sound like more of a backwoods hillbilly than they do just reading your text. I would really hate to have a conversation with you in person as it would be hard to dumb myself down to understand you. Start surrounding yourself with more intelligent people, it may help.

My biggest problem with this show is how grossly fake this show is and how stupid the actors pretend to be....

Paranormal Investigators get a bad enough rap off the scepticism surrounding their field of research/study alone. Now they have these morons making them look like fat stupid con artist too?...

I like the trail cam shot of the tied up bait goat, with the hairy outline of the animal slaughtering creature within inches of the goat. The goat completely ignores the creature like it's "not even there". :hmm:

What you miss is that, far from being an ordinary goat, it was a cabra-chupa, playing the innocent and thinking to itself "Juicy animal-slaughtering-creature is doomed!" :P

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Im watching Mountain Monsters now....have these fellas ever actually caught anything they go after in this show? It IS entertaining however i think I would would take my chances on my own than use these fellas.......as loud as they are it not a mystery that they are usually....as far as I can see....unsuccessful.

I watched the show when it first came on sort of out of curiosity, I mean, at least these weren't wearing the face cam things and they were carrying guns. However, they managed to get one very blurry picture, they caught some dogs and supposedly chased a "grassman".

What I thought was odd, is when they were chasing the grassman, it was supposedly throwing logs at them and the guy with the FLIR kept saying to the other guys, "There he is, he right over you. I can see him" But they never once showed the FLIR image he said he was seeing.

Same thing as "Finding Bigfoot" only with a different bunch of guys.

• Like 1

Im from just north of these crazy ass hillbillies north of the border in Ohio.

Yeah fake as hell. I don't think you should take away anything sensible from shows like this just look at it as entertainment only like a fast and the furious movie.

You have seen it all before but it's a bunch of hillbillies running around in the woods with guns something funny has to happen there.

• Like 1

Darn! I haven't watched this show yet, but it sounds like a show I should watch.

There's nothing I love more than watching some rednecks running through the forest trying to catch a werewolf-squatch.

more white trash crap....like swamp people..pathetic

Yes, the show is not going to win very many awards.

Yes, as the person who started this thread observed, the "actors" are not in good shape.

Why is it ok to describe the show and the people on it as "white trash". I know I am wasting my time by even bringing this up because it is ok to say anything about white people, especially those that are perceived as poor, dumb etc.....) Would anyone have spoken up if this show was comprised of Latin-American men searching for 'La Llorona" or "El Cuco" and someone commented "more spic barrio crap......like George Lopez...pathetic"? Would anyone have? I am sure someone would have and they would have been right to do so.

Sorry to rain on the parade. I love to read about paranormal, crypto, etc...etc...things but I just had to speak up.

• Like 2

Yeah, stupid rednecks with their own TV show. Their Mothman theories aren't anything new. It's a cryptid, briefly seen and described that by default has to gain a back story (or several) over the years.

I don't believe most, if any, of these paranormal and cryptid shows' casts believe in what they are doing one bit (with or without the redneck accent or attitude).

I like poking fun and picking them a part, but I believe the joke is on any audience who believes most/any of these shows have sincere casts, strategies, and storylines.

I agree with you, except for the "stupid redneck" comment and I would like to add the joke is also on the people who see themselves as so much smarter than the guys on the show.

For example:

Someone scoffs and laughs because all of the strange monster vids are 4 seconds long. Ever stop to think that the producers of the show edit the clips to be 4 seconds long?

Someone else laughs because these guys "only" spend a few days in the woods and expect to catch these creatures. Again, either production edits the clips to make it look like "a weekend in the woods" or , most likely, that is how the writers want it?

Whether you believe that these strange things exist in the wilds does not matter. This is a tv show made to draw an audience and make money off of the sales of commercials and premium tv subscriptions. Whether that audience loves, hates, believes in, or laughs at the show does not matter as long as they WATCH the show!

i declare such shows as fake

I agree with you, except for the "stupid redneck" comment and I would like to add the joke is also on the people who see themselves as so much smarter than the guys on the show.

For example:

Someone scoffs and laughs because all of the strange monster vids are 4 seconds long. Ever stop to think that the producers of the show edit the clips to be 4 seconds long?

Someone else laughs because these guys "only" spend a few days in the woods and expect to catch these creatures. Again, either production edits the clips to make it look like "a weekend in the woods" or , most likely, that is how the writers want it?

Whether you believe that these strange things exist in the wilds does not matter. This is a tv show made to draw an audience and make money off of the sales of commercials and premium tv subscriptions. Whether that audience loves, hates, believes in, or laughs at the show does not matter as long as they WATCH the show!

I was being sarcastic with my "stupid redneck" comment, adding these alleged "stupid rednecks" also manage to get paid for and have their own TV show "acting" like they do.

"Stupid" comes in all neck colors and nationalities.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

QuiteContrary

"Stupid" comes in all neck colors and nationalities.

Once again, I find myself agreeing with you. I wasn't trying to point a finger at you, I understood intention of your comment. I am pointing the finger at several other people on this site and their mean-spirited use of redneck, hillbilly, and other words.

• Like 1

I so wish I wouldve thought of this idea capitalized or cashed in on it when all these geniuses did.

What I'm talking about is the whole monster/ghost hunting paranormal B.S. genre of the so-called "Reality TV."

By the wa this is coming from a believer o most paranormal theories or entities. I mean I beliene in aliens, ghost, demons, crypto-creatures, and so on. I am what you would call a believer, but these shows are 99.999999% Bull $#!+. I mean people actually belive this crap and find it factual evidence.. I actually used to be a fan of these shows. That is until my father who is well not completly a non-believer, but a classic middle american baby boome with the attitude of whether something exist or not is irrelevant unless or until it directly affects you dont worry about it or be curios about it until a situation arises when you need too. My moms completely opposite she will buy whatever your selling ifshe finds it interesting. So we get into a conversation about these type shows, I think it was either ghost hunters or ghost adventurers. Dad asked me if the next time I watched if I'd try something. " Try watching one of these shows with out your believers heart on your sleeve, watch without rose tinted glasses and just observe whats happening, what your hearing and seeing. Pay absolutely no attention to what the host or team says or does. Do not respond to there response to of what they alledge is going on, observe and haveyour own response without being influenced by their reaction." Those were his words, and wow was he right.

Watching like that itwas really disheartening to me at first and hen I accepted the fraudulent shows for what they are at best BUNK. Entertainment for an unintelligent society who so badly want to believe they search for answers anywhere.

I do think the mystery/monster shows ae more believeble than the ghost shows, not sure why, I believe in both.

Most of the time there something as simple as a small sound, buildings creak, settle, could be a footstep, a cardoor,a paserby, one of the many crew or equipment pieces ok whatever a small sound, what happens next is hilarious. The host starts whispering or freaking out and is like oh my did you hear that. Wooaah man thats probably demon a poltergeist yeah guys were getting activity. Or how bout all the reflectice dust "orbs" that are always considered a hindered spirit.Or the shadow play caught on cameras setting on tripods almost always with a mirror and or window nearby. Hello i see these small shadows and lights move across rooms in my house evey night. Its alled shadows created from solid objects being haunted y light. Possibly from headlights, clouds croosing the moon, equipment standby lights and such can also create enough light for a keen eye to catch a shadow. As far as evp's i do believe its possible to record them, but ive experimented wigh suc recorders and the can pick up a muffled mumble or a sound voice from another room and they sound justlike the ghost recordings on these shows . All of this is alot of evidence of these shows being BUNK but the number one piece of evidence is the cast and host. These guys are great I mean they get paid to walk around say woa you hear that, what was that, yousee something, oh we missed it, Im feeling hot/cold, im light headed, nauseated, and my personal favorite man i feel werd its trying to possess me or the old get away from me guys im not myself it has me im possessed...

Give this guy a chance cause ill scream and run and hear thngs maybe footsteps, or disembodied voices. I mean they have cashed in and made a show/career out of basically walking around and filming nothing but darkness and recording the most miniscule soundsor evidence there is. Im just sayin if any of youguys are hiring im totally qualified and i have long been searching for a cakewalk. Anybody feel the same?

• Like 1

I so wish I wouldve thought of this idea capitalized or cashed in on it when all these geniuses did.

Give this guy a chance cause ill scream and run and hear thngs maybe footsteps, or disembodied voices. I mean they have cashed in and made a show/career out of basically walking around and filming nothing but darkness and recording the most miniscule soundsor evidence there is. Im just sayin if any of youguys are hiring im totally qualified and i have long been searching for a cakewalk. Anybody feel the same?

Count me as available, too!.....I want a chance to say "Smell that?.....that smells squatchy" while walking in the forest at night and if you want to throw in a really *spam filter*istant/bigfoot hunting partner, I promise not to complain

Yes, the show is not going to win very many awards.

Yes, as the person who started this thread observed, the "actors" are not in good shape.

Why is it ok to describe the show and the people on it as "white trash". I know I am wasting my time by even bringing this up because it is ok to say anything about white people, especially those that are perceived as poor, dumb etc.....) Would anyone have spoken up if this show was comprised of Latin-American men searching for 'La Llorona" or "El Cuco" and someone commented "more spic barrio crap......like George Lopez...pathetic"? Would anyone have? I am sure someone would have and they would have been right to do so.

Sorry to rain on the parade. I love to read about paranormal, crypto, etc...etc...things but I just had to speak up.

I'm curious, who exactly described them that way? I don't feel like having to run back through all the posts.

Here's some thoughts from a member of the "rural gentry".

A Hillbilly is not a Redneck. A Piney is not a Redneck. These are ethnic/ cultural groups. Many have college educations and are large landowners who are good professionals, business people or artisans. A redneck is somebody who lives in the country who might not originally come from there. He's just somebody who acts like a dumbass. I know many "urban refugees" who act like redknecks and even call themselves by that term. They act like dumbasses. Some watch way too much T.V. grasped too much of this "Redneck Culture" usually performed on T.V. by someone who grew up in the city or the suburbs, pretend their from the country and act like dumbasses on purpose. They have no other definition. They're "rednecks"

White trash are found in all areas. Cities, suburbs, and the country. Their dirty, ignorant, lazy usually racist or addicted and most likely are members of the "non-working poor". In essence. White Trash, and they have no other definition.

• 1 month later...

Well sir what you are dealing with in this case is what West "by god" Virginians call a Hillbilly.

to quote the wikipedia

"Hillbilly is a term (often derogatory) for people who dwell in rural, mountainous areas primarily in Appalachia but also parts of the Ozarks in the United States. Due to its strongly stereotypical connotations, the term can be offensive to those Americans of Appalachian heritage."

"Although the term is not documented until 1900, a conjectural etymology for the term is that it originated in 17th-century Ireland for Protestant supporters of King William III during the Williamite War.[1] The Irish Catholic supporters of James II referred to these northern Protestant supporters of "King Billy", as "Billy Boys". However, Michael Montgomery, in From Ulster to America: The Scotch-Irish Heritage of American English, states "In Ulster in recent years it has sometimes been supposed that it was coined to refer to followers of King William III and brought to America by early Ulster emigrants…, but this derivation is almost certainly incorrect… In America hillbilly was first attested only in 1898, which suggests a later, independent development."[2]

Harkins theorizes that use of the term outside the Appalachians arose in the years after the American Civil War, when the Appalachian region became increasingly bypassed by technological and social changes taking place in the rest of the country. Until the Civil War, the Appalachians were not significantly different from other rural areas of the country. After the war, as the frontier pushed further west, the Appalachian country retained its frontier character, and the people themselves came to be seen as backward, quick to violence, and inbred in their isolation. Fueled by news stories of mountain feuds, such as that in the 1880s between the Hatfields and McCoys, the hillbilly stereotype developed in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

The "classic" hillbilly stereotype--the poor, ignorant, feuding family with a huge brood of children tending the ancestral moonshine still--reached its current characterization during the years of the Great Depression, when many mountaineers left their homes to find work in other areas of the country. It was during these years that comic strips such as Li'l Abner and films such as Ma and Pa Kettle made the "hillbilly" a common stereotype."

Now I am not saying that it's right to call these folk hillbilly's but I know em when i see em. I came from those types of folks heck I'm related to one of the Wades that took part in the Hatfield and McCoy feud.