Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Self absorbtion

markdohle

It is easy to forget what is most important....I am forgetting it right now....the importance of what I believe, what my faith path points to and how I live it. This morning it was difficult to get started, I really did not want to be bothered by anybody for any reason, so yes I was in a low mood, or tired, not sure.....I can be out of touch with my emotions, feeling or whatever. So I went in to work being aware of my innards, my gut and needed some help in dealing with it.

Self absorption can be the main culprit, for a mood, makes the whole world, the universe and everyone in it about me. So I needed a shift, and as I prayed it came to me, something I knew, but perhaps I needed a reminder (need a lot of those) that the person in front of me is the beloved of God, and to serve this person in no matter how humble a way, is a gift the goes both ways. It helped a bit, but like I said, I need to be reminded a lot. If I have a guardian angel, I am sure I drive him or her or whatever, crazy.

Hey, Mark, we're allowed to be human, to have our failings, to be less than perfect. Some days are just better than others, that's all. It's OK to visit, you just don't want to set up camp there.

• Like 2

It is easy to forget what is most important....I am forgetting it right now....the importance of what I believe, what my faith path points to and how I live it. This morning it was difficult to get started, I really did not want to be bothered by anybody for any reason, so yes I was in a low mood, or tired, not sure.....I can be out of touch with my emotions, feeling or whatever. So I went in to work being aware of my innards, my gut and needed some help in dealing with it.

Self absorption can be the main culprit, for a mood, makes the whole world, the universe and everyone in it about me. So I needed a shift, and as I prayed it came to me, something I knew, but perhaps I needed a reminder (need a lot of those) that the person in front of me is the beloved of God, and to serve this person in no matter how humble a way, is a gift the goes both ways. It helped a bit, but like I said, I need to be reminded a lot. If I have a guardian angel, I am sure I drive him or her or whatever, crazy.

Sometimes I wake up and all I can see around me is me. The house, the truck, the cloths, the stuff outside, the tools, the mess in the garage, and the all the things around me sprung from my mind. This is why I travel in nature... I become sick of me and I just want to be around gods ideas.

Sometimes I envy the Pias monk with nothing but his bed, bible, and service.

• Like 1

When I get to thinking the world should revolve round me, I always remember Earth is a dust mote on the outer edge of the Galaxy.

• Like 2

I get that way when I'm off balance or something is bothering me. So I use it as a signal that something is out of balance (usually because of me, one way or another) and that I need to take some action, whether it's re-thinking or problem solving, or consciously address an issue that's been bugging me. It can be a sign post for us instead of a problem itself; it's a physical manifestation of some dis-ease we're experiencing. In that way, we can view it as an ally instead of an enemy.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

I am very self absorbed...

But I think this is because I am a deep thinker and writer.

I like peace and quiet.

Or to be alone with good music and my pen.

That is when the real writing and ideas start to really glow in.

• Like 1

Nice comments, thanks everyone, I so love it here ;-). Each day brings its own challenges and rewards...as well as new beginnings.

Peace

mark

• Like 1

As i say everyday is a new adventure !

we write the script.. now it;s time to act in our own film!!!!

• Like 1

As i say everyday is a new adventure !

we write the script.. now it;s time to act in our own film!!!!

Black and white, or color ;-).

peace

mark