Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Pink Mass" performed at Westboro Bap. grave

Clarakore

Grave desecration  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "Pink Mass" be considered desecration?

• Yes, this is disprespectul.
    • No, this is a taste of their own medicine.
    • Other, let me explain.

Members of the Satanist Temple performed on Sunday what its spokesman describes as a “pink mass” an admittedly made-up ritual, celebrating gay love, at the grave in Meridian, Miss.

Spokesman Lucien Greaves doffed a headdress made of horns as two male couples, and a female couple recited scripture, lit candles and made out over the grave.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

What goes around, comes around.

• Like 3

I almost voted that this was desecration. But considering what Westboro has done to others I think a small taste of what they dish out is warranted. It would be nice to get more than just a one-sentence comment from a Westboro "spokesman", sounds much too legal. I have a feeling that publicly the stance is "oh, we don't care" but privately they're fuming over it and trying to think of the next best way to get back at the world. That's all they really are about - getting back at others.

• Like 3

Ah well I find it so disrespectful of those Satanists to do that to a grave.. Who does these disrespectful things at graves? I don't think its right, because with the WBC constantly disrespecting in the name of god towards other peoples graves/funerals, doesn't mean someone should show them any disrespect... My heart goes out to the WBC, they are being treated disrespectfully for their beliefs... Shame on ALL of you for laughing and voting NO.. If you ever see Fred Phelps, you go up to him, plant him a nice big wet kiss, and tell him you are sorry. :yes:

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Do you not also find it disrespectful that they picket soldiers funerals and now Innocent victims of an alleged terrorist attack? They Purposefully disrespect people and when your disrespect you get disrespected. As i said what goes around comes around and there long overdue.

• Like 2

Karma-

serving up justice one a$$hole at a time.....

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

The "no" vote was based on additional information not found in the linked article from ABC but from an unlinked Huffington Post article and a photo at The Gauntlet which reveals a bodily part usually reserved for privacy was actually placed on the headstone.

Every detail before that was laughable even if still desecration but this other act could be illegal. Still, not going to judge anyone for voting "yes".

Did Fred Phelps' mother actually hate others like her son does? This is her grave after all. Just devil advocating here and not seriously opposing anyone's view but offering additional information and thoughts.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

It's pointless to do this kind of thing and fuel the fires of hatred. You know this will only insight more problems. Sigh..... People revel in conflict. I know why the satanists are doing this, but really... What does it solve. It's really just a bunch of people being self indulgent. Both the satanists and the Christians.

• Like 1

Do you not also find it disrespectful that they picket soldiers funerals and now Innocent victims of an alleged terrorist attack? They Purposefully disrespect people and when your disrespect you get disrespected. As i said what goes around comes around and there long overdue.

Sigh, all of this disrespecting will only lead to a war someday...It might even cause global warming to get worse...I think it might lead to us all turning into Satanists oooohhhhhhhh that wont look well...It might even push Fred, Wilma and his gang to make a new sign.. God hates satanists ...lol....Poor Fred, no wonder the man looks like a soggy dollar bill.. *sigh* .

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Do I see the humor in it? Yes, in a morbid way.

But it serves no purpose. This group messed w/ the grave of a woman who may or may not, have anything to do w/ the WBC's tactics.

It's also someone's mom, I don't have many morals I stick to, but of the few I do, a big one is that in a fight, you keep the fight to the person you have the issue with.

The saddest bit of all this is that Phelps was once a very good lawyer who helped the Civil Rights movement.

Always wondered what happened to make him get to where he is now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The saddest bit of all this is that Phelps was once a very good lawyer who helped the Civil Rights movement.

''

Always wondered what happened to make him get to where he is now

According to his son, Nathan, he's always been a racist. I won't quote the words he used, but you can read about it here: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/05/hate.preacher/index.html

Whether or not his sons words are to be believed, I do not know, but it would be fitting with Fred Phelps' character.