Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something strange spotted near the sun

Spacenut56

http://www.unknownco...ge-near-the-sun

Hopefully this works.

It does not I am sorry, when you get to the page click on "unknown country homepage" then click on the "out there" tab at the top, this should be the first ufo video you can watch.

Edited by Spacenut56

couldn't get there from your link Sn, but i could from yours Keith, unfortunately i can't view videos, so i'm kinda relying on you guys to tell me what's going on!!

:-(

Object has suspiciously exactly vertical and horizontal and is divided up into subsquares. At a guess I'd say it's a processing error or video error of some sort that's been subject to heavy compression.

There's no basis for them suggesting it's a cube or hexahedron.

• Like 2

couldn't get there from your link Sn, but i could from yours Keith, unfortunately i can't view videos, so i'm kinda relying on you guys to tell me what's going on!!

:-(

It's not really a video anyway. It's a photo taken by the SOHO satellite and as is regularly the case it's been made into a YouTube video zooming in and out and showing a photo at different resolutions with silly music and speculative captions.

As soon as I saw the Alien Disclosure Group watermark my eyes glazed over. They post some terrible nonsense on YouTube.

Huge_Hexahedron_Object_Next_To_Sun_2013_1080p_Available__146049.jpg

It looks like someone is trying to get our attention.

They did it before. This one is a large Biosphere.

Object has suspiciously exactly vertical and horizontal and is divided up into subsquares. At a guess I'd say it's a processing error or video error of some sort that's been subject to heavy compression.

There's no basis for them suggesting it's a cube or hexahedron.

if it's not a video error, then something that size would be bigger than jupiter, and if something that big was flying around, there'd be all sorts of crazy gravitational s**t goin' down!

if it's not a video error, then something that size would be bigger than jupiter, and if something that big was flying around, there'd be all sorts of crazy gravitational s**t goin' down!

And it would be impossible to hide from amateur astronomers so no doubt we'll be getting loads more photos of this gigantic planet sized cube...
  • Like 2

This one is a large Biosphere.

i'm trying to think by what stretch of the imagination the object in the photo could possibly be classified as "spherical" TCX??

are your alien friends just really really s**t at geometry? or just at naming stuff?!

Thanks for sharing Spacenut...but I don't think the blocky thing is real.

They go to great lengths to say and show that the red circle (ie sun) goes over 'it'...so it can't be pixels..

but what's to stop enlarged pixels being photoshopped behind the image of the sun. ..?

Then persuade the viewer that something is proved when it isn't...

That's what I thought when I watched it anyway....

looks like fairly ordinary video artifacts to me, but what is really interesting is that the picture (thanks JesseCuster :yes: ) does not seem to be in the catalogue at the official SOHO site, what else I find highly dubious about this claim is that the Alien Disclosure Logo sits exactly over, and obliterates, the SOHO official photo tag thereby making it impossible to view the source data :whistle::td:

Here is a Link to the SOHO Gallery of images: http://sohowww.nasco...s/sunspots.html

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

The large red circle isn't the sun. It's part of the telescope that blocks the sun. It allows the atmosphere of the sun to be viewed and studied without the light from the sun blinding the sensors.

• Like 2

The large red circle isn't the sun. It's part of the telescope that blocks the sun. It allows the atmosphere of the sun to be viewed and studied without the light from the sun blinding the sensors.

lol yes you are right, of course......

I'm watching the telly at the same time as looking at the forum....(Million Pound Drop on now... :D )

cheers for correction....

From Wikipedia:

The three LASCO cameras have a resolution of one megapixel. The base unit of LASCO's pictures are blocks of 32x32 pixels. If only one bit is missing, as it could occur due to disturbances, the whole block is gated out.

So it could be an error that caused some blocks to be blanked out. Subsequent compression could cause the weird effect. It looks quite similar to what happens sometimes when an image is heavily JPEG compressed.

• Like 1

ah.

i thought it was the sun JC, that's how i arrived at the conclusion that the "object" was bigger than jupiter, from the portion of arc visible.....

It looks quite similar to what happens sometimes when an image is heavily JPEG compressed.

i had the same problem transferring some of my artwork from a website to my phone once. my phone compressed the pictures from 2Mb to 45Kb and they came out horrendous, with the exact same 'block' effect you mentioned.

ah.

i thought it was the sun JC, that's how i arrived at the conclusion that the "object" was bigger than jupiter, from the portion of arc visible.....

well now it would be much much bigger.....:)...hope I've got that right...the telly and a couple or three glasses of red wine are taking away my concentration..lol

I know that the sun is blocked on this kind of footage of the sun...

So with my 'theory' that would mean they took a screen shot and then added something that looks like blown up pixels behind...

Then went on about the red circle being over it...

• Like 1

i had the same problem transferring some of my artwork from a website to my phone once. my phone compressed the pictures from 2Mb to 45Kb and they came out horrendous, with the exact same 'block' effect you mentioned.

Yes, JPEG compression works by breaking up an image 8x8 squares and then looking for squares that are similar and altering the squares to make some of the same to allow the image to be compressed easily. The result can be anything from not noticable to horrible. Heavily compressed JPEGs have that nasty blocky feel to them that you're talking about.

well now it would be much much bigger..... :)...hope I've got that right...the telly and a couple or three glasses of red wine are taking away my concentration..lol

Depends. I'm not familiar with the LASCO instrument that took that picture but if that was a real object and not just an artifact, it would depend on whether or not it goes behind the sun or not. If the shield were removed and we saw it in front of the sun or outside the area of the sun you couldn't tell without further information if it was something small and close or large and far away.

Anyway, I wish the websites that post this stuff would give a reference for the source of the image. I want to see the untouched original image and it's original resolution. I wonder if that blocky area is a neat number of pixels wide and if the subdivisions of it are neat 8x8 or 16x16 squares or something similar. This kind of stuff bounces around the Internet and no-one bothers to examine the original source images.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

Depends. I'm not familiar with the LASCO instrument that took that picture but that was a real object and not just an artifact, it would depend on whether or not it goes behind the sun or not. If the shield were removed and we saw it in front of the sun or outside the area of the sun you couldn't tell without further information if it was something small and close or large and far away.

Anyway, I wish the websites that post this stuff would give a reference for the source of the image. I want to see the untouched original image and it's original resolution. I wonder if that blocky area is a neat number of pixels wide and if the subdivisions of it are neat 8x8 or 16x16 squares or something similar. This kind of stuff bounces around the Internet and no-one bothers to examine the original source images.

I haven't checked the video on the YT site...but if they haven't given the source then that makes it more suspicious...

I haven't checked the video on the YT site...but if they haven't given the source then that makes it more suspicious...

I don't think it's suspicious. I just think it's been misidentified. Websites and groups like Alien Disclosure Group are probably too oblivious to the idea of factchecking, going to primary sources, etc. that they probably wouldn't even think of telling people where something came from. When a link is provided it's usually to a blog or UFOlogy website which in turn doesn't provide a source or the source is yet another blog etc.