Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Long-distance relationships better

Still Waters

A new study found that people in long-distance relationships often have stronger bonds and deeper communications than those in ‘normal’ relationships.

An estimated three million Americans live apart from their spouses (for reasons other than divorce). Prior studies have looked at the issues that arise, like jealousy and stress, but more recently, some studies have shed some light on the advantages of less living together.

http://www.foxnews.c...n-face-to-face/

• Like 1

Untill you meet up with "them" and get raped or kidknapped or murdered

• Like 1

I guess you wouldn't get to the point you can't stand them so fast. The new stays in the relationship longer but I bet there are most instances of cheating too if you get lonely.

Basically, this kind of thing (the long distance stuff) isn't a 'real deal' relationship...it's just a relationship of convenience. Heck, you could have a similar result by just dating a person every now and again and never living together (even if you lived in the same town).

• Like 1

Exactly, Lilly. It's easy to get along with someone for a small part of the time. You can avoid everything unpleasant or difficult when you're hundreds of miles apart.

I agree with Lilly it is not the a real relationship. You might not fight as much, but you really don't have anything invested in the relationship. I don't like talking on the phone as it is. I want to go out, do things and have a good time. I would get bored and start fooling around. I have a hard time with that anyway which is most likely why I don't have a girlfriend.

Edited by Darkwind

Being in a "relationship" with a person long distance is not even close time being real. I tried the whole long distance thing when my ex went to college. It was like it was over the minute he got into his car even though we kept in touch every day for months.