Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolves? Werebeasts? Fact or Fiction?

Truevision

Werewolves... Werebeasts... who knows!?!?

This is what i know, or at least a summery.

First things first, i am not biased at all, the truth is the truth or i simply don't know, i am for the truth and i am careful when i share something i have learned or know about, i am careful to say "i think" when i just think something or i say "i know" for when i state something i absolutely know, this is how i think, this is how i am.

I live in South Ontario Canada in a small town you never heard of (also i just don't want to name names as you can take guess's why)

The summer of 1999 i had 3 friends driving from the next town, on a long stretch of road they turn to there left and see a 5+ foot looking werewolf running on two legs, i was told it had all the details of a werewolf, snout arms body etc the driver takes off at full speed and the only time it was mentioned to me is when one of the 3 got drunk because it was so crazy it was the only way he could get it out.

I spoke to the other two and they confirmed it.

NEXT!

In the summer of 1996 a woman i know (who does not know the other 3) told me about something she encountered on that same stretch of road the other 3 had their "encounter" ... i should note that i didn't tell anyone about what my 3 other friends encountered. This woman told me how on that night she was driving home and saw someone standing on the side of the road, she noted how the arms looked funny and rather large they looked and they were facing away, she noticed it had broad shoulders and a thinner waistline, then it went onto all 4's and took two leaps across the road in front of her car as she was driving past, she said it looked looked like nothing shes ever seen, sort of like a werewolf and strong, i asked "maybe it was a normal wolf?" she said "only if it was part horse" (the arms she mentioned was exactly the same thing i heard from someone i talked to before down in America, that was a huge clue to add)

This woman swore on her child she lost many years ago that this really happen and its important to note this wasn't the kind of person who watches horror films at all and i could read her like a book.

Also this woman had a female friend and a brother who have also seen this thing before, also note this was all seen in the same area!

The "creature" was 7ft large, broad shoulders, smaller waistline, it had a k9 snout and had "dark" fur.

Lie? miss identification? way to many details and from my first hand conversation they knew what details they were providing and they added up.

NEXT!

This woman had no contact with any of the previous people mentioned.

Mid 90's Alberta a woman i knew for a number of months told me something that i found quite odd, first its important to note this was a very serious person, her character was very moral and very truth based, she had no time for lies and was skeptical, which makes this even more... strange!

Her best friend, who she talks about as her sister had an experience with a gentlemen that was more then unnerving, this woman and this man were driving down a road in the country in Alberta late one night and something leaped out onto the road in front of the car, it stood 7ft tall, k9 like snout, was incredibly aggressive and the woman was terrified beyond belief, she thought it was going to kill them until it leaped out of sight off the road, but it stood on 2 legs and moved about like that!

Her friend would burst out crying whenever she would think about it, she tried to get as much as she could out of her but that was the best she could get without having her losing it in tears.

(Note: Normal wolves do not do this like this, i have contacted a wild life reserve and talked to an expert about timber wolves and this is not a characteristic that they have nor can they really do this properly or at all in this manner)

All 3 of these people all stated one thing that i found very interesting, they all said that it looked exactly like a werewolf, size, shape and physical ability to move about, the first 2 were in the same location and was seen by at least 6 people and the two groups of 3 people didn't even know the other at all and they came to me about this without foreknowledge of what i knew and i didn't mention anything to them until after.

I do have another female friend who is one of the most trustworthy people i know and this is what happen to her.

She lived in Oregon and i'll just get right to it considering this has been a very long post.

She was standing one night with her son, he was about 5 years old ( i could be wrong it could have been 4 or 6 but not much older or younger ) she was getting him ready for bed and her son said to her "mommy a wolf" and she turned and looked and outside the window on the neighbors roof was a humanoid shaped wolfman facing away from the window, but not completely, the side of it was partly turned towards them, enough that she could make out its snout, see its "human like legs" and strange looking paw hands, it had ears that went up but it looked slightly shaggy or unkempt (a detail i noted in other sightings) it had broad shoulders (wolves don't HAVE shoulders like humans let alone broad ones) and its ears and head were moving like it was tracking something, she quickly moved her son to his room and stayed there the night quietly, she knows animals can basically smell fear and wanted to keep everything and herself calm, she did just that.

The neighbors roof was one story tall, the people who lived there were Native Americans, she also didn't know anything about what i knew about werewolves, once again (this itself is strange) she came out to me about this.

The animal was suggested that it was large, maybe 6.5 - 7ft tall, dark and greyish fur, snout, long ears, actually all of these sightings the beasts had long k9 like ears, but basically they are all the same kind of animal/creature.

It seems im a magnet for credible people who want to share what is considered unbelievable, but one things for certain, there are wolfmen out there, i don't know if they indeed transform or if they are part human at all, all i know is that there people are not lying, wrong or are they seeing something else, i only mentioned the details that are 100% certain!

Werewolves? I cannot say for sure how accurate that term is, but these really are some kind of humaniod wolf beasts.

I bet werewolf stories among teens has gone up since the Twilight movies. When I was a teen UFO's were all the rage.

• Like 5

There's a little problem with the point you're trying to make that the descriptions being similar adds credibility to the story since they didn't know each other. I could pretty much ask any adult to describe a werewolf and they would say the exact same thing. Everyone has seen a photo or a movie about a werewolf.

Not to mention, given how aggressive these things are reported to be, I would assume that an active werewolf in those areas would produce multiple accounts of missing persons, dismembered bodies, etc. Do you have any of those from your area?

• Like 3

It's Daniel Boones sister Barbara. Bab Boone.

On a serious note, it's called by many names. Here in the Appalacians they're called "devil monkey's".

• Like 1

Werewolves... Werebeasts... who knows!?!?

This is what i know, or at least a summery.

First things first, i am not biased at all, the truth is the truth or i simply don't know, i am for the truth and i am careful when i share something i have learned or know about, i am careful to say "i think" when i just think something or i say "i know" for when i state something i absolutely know, this is how i think, this is how i am.

~ SNIPPED USELESS UNSUBSTANTIATED 'STORIES'~

Werewolves? I cannot say for sure how accurate that term is, but these really are some kind of humaniod wolf beasts.

It wouldn't surprise me if these people picked up on your interest in werewolves, and are playing a joke on you. And without something more than these 'stories' I wouldn't take the possibility of werewolves seriously, considering the ability to transform into a hybrid of Human and wolf (or whatever animal you choose) in a matter of minutes isn't seen in any animal...

Those stories make me think of this though:

I like this video because it's a little more scientific. One of the people who reported seeing a "dog-man" was given a poly-graph test. I realize the "lie detector" is not 100% accurate, but still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1F4ar7wXLc

I like this video because it's a little more scientific. One of the people who reported seeing a "dog-man" was given a poly-graph test. I realize the "lie detector" is not 100% accurate, but still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1F4ar7wXLc

I'm sure she does believe that's what she saw.

• Like 1

Its very easy to doubt, i am simply sharing what i have found out!

No these people weren't playing games or pulling a fast one on me, not by a long shot and no one really knows about my interests in this subject at all and this information came to me not in a single week or month but over a course of years... heck back in the 90's a teenager told me that in a small town about an hour past where all this took place many people saw a werewolf in the middle of the street and when i say small town i mean like a town of 55 and its a street itself basically, but at the time i laughed at her... i even had another woman tell me something that happen to her in great detail, i took note and 10 years later talked to her again... exact same story! could these two people be wrong or lying? well yes, thats why i didn't really mention it before, the girl i have no idea but she seemed pretty serious, the woman at most wasn't lying and i won't go into those details because its even more far fetched and involves a real person turning into a beast and when she told me she was in a memore moment of fear, but maybe she was slipped something, im not sure.

Like i said, its easy to doubt, anyone can doubt anything its not a special ability, but i will say this, hearing this information second hand is never has informative and real as it is heard first hand, the quality of this information on my end is quite fantastic, in fact there is more but because i don't jump to conclusions and it could have been something else, i didn't mention it, im VERY strict about sharing credible info, fact is this, after reading this any of you are more likely to hear "like" information down the road.

Honestly, i kinda wish there were other reasons or people really were pulling a fast one on me because honestly i really REALLy don't like the idea of this thing or things being out there so close to home literally, i have had an unknown encounter in the wood with a rather large creature in thick darkness (the sound it made when it moved indicated its size) but the only thing i know is it wasn't a bear... my conclusion, i simply do not know, but most likely there is a reasonable answer to it other then a werewolf or something else... oh and it wasn't a person, it ran off in a thick wooded area, even if you had nightvision you would sound like a bull in a china factory and it was quiet!

I did contact Linda Godfrey, a very credible woman i have a lot of respect for her but wow shes not quick to believe and asks a lot of questions but very respectful as well, she would make a great detective!

To know the quality of this information is to really know who and what i am, unfortionately that's not an option here, but you will see accounts like these pop up again and again, just take note, the arms when its standing are quite odd looking, if you hear about this characteristic then you may have something because it stands out in storys because its so specific!

Oh i should have mentioned, the woman i knew, the serious one who told me about her best friends experience, she never lived around these parts, the information between all of these people except the two groups of 3 were isolated from each other.. i also forgot to metion that one of the people said that the brother of the woman i was talking about, the one who swore on her daughters grave that it was true, she told me her brother said it looked kinda shaggy when it was on all 4's, this is something Linda Godfrey mentions a few times on coast to coast am and no these people are not into anything like this, they are simple people, hicks really who like foke music and raising their familys.

Best i can do at this time, take it or leave it, but it feels go to share the truth of what i personally know, at least on my end you all have a hunk of truth to work with.

Edited by Truevision
  • Like 1

No these people weren't playing games or pulling a fast one on me, not by a long shot and no one really knows about my interests in this subject at all and this information came to me not in a single week or month but over a course of years... heck back in the 90's a teenager told me that in a small town about an hour past where all this took place many people saw a werewolf in the middle of the street and when i say small town i mean like a town of 55 and its a street itself basically, but at the time i laughed at her... i even had another woman tell me something that happen to her in great detail, i took note and 10 years later talked to her again... exact same story! could these two people be wrong or lying? well yes, thats why i didn't really mention it before, the girl i have no idea but she seemed pretty serious, the woman at most wasn't lying and i won't go into those details because its even more far fetched and involves a real person turning into a beast and when she told me she was in a memore moment of fear, but maybe she was slipped something, im not sure.

Like i said, its easy to doubt, anyone can doubt anything its not a special ability, but i will say this, hearing this information second hand is never has informative and real as it is heard first hand, the quality of this information on my end is quite fantastic, in fact there is more but because i don't jump to conclusions and it could have been something else, i didn't mention it, im VERY strict about sharing credible info, fact is this, after reading this any of you are more likely to hear "like" information down the road.

Honestly, i kinda wish there were other reasons or people really were pulling a fast one on me because honestly i really REALLy don't like the idea of this thing or things being out there so close to home literally, i have had an unknown encounter in the wood with a rather large creature in thick darkness (the sound it made when it moved indicated its size) but the only thing i know is it wasn't a bear... my conclusion, i simply do not know, but most likely there is a reasonable answer to it other then a werewolf or something else... oh and it wasn't a person, it ran off in a thick wooded area, even if you had nightvision you would sound like a bull in a china factory and it was quiet!

I did contact Linda Godfrey, a very credible woman i have a lot of respect for her but wow shes not quick to believe and asks a lot of questions but very respectful as well, she would make a great detective!

To know the quality of this information is to really know who and what i am, unfortionately that's not an option here, but you will see accounts like these pop up again and again, just take note, the arms when its standing are quite odd looking, if you hear about this characteristic then you may have something because it stands out in storys because its so specific!

Oh i should have mentioned, the woman i knew, the serious one who told me about her best friends experience, she never lived around these parts, the information between all of these people except the two groups of 3 were isolated from each other.. i also forgot to metion that one of the people said that the brother of the woman i was talking about, the one who swore on her daughters grave that it was true, she told me her brother said it looked kinda shaggy when it was on all 4's, this is something Linda Godfrey mentions a few times on coast to coast am and no these people are not into anything like this, they are simple people, hicks really who like foke music and raising their familys.

Best i can do at this time, take it or leave it, but it feels go to share the truth of what i personally know, at least on my end you all have a hunk of truth to work with.

Sounds to me like you've put a lot of effort into this story. Covering up every loose end possible. Too many details can be a problem sometimes.

• Like 3

Honestly, i kinda wish there were other reasons or people really were pulling a fast one on me because honestly i really REALLy don't like the idea of this thing or things being out there so close to home literally,

...at least on my end you all have a hunk of truth to work with.

*snip*

Truevision, since these creatures are so close to your home, could you please address Rafterman's question: "Not to mention, given how aggressive these things are reported to be, I would assume that an active werewolf in those areas would produce multiple accounts of missing persons, dismembered bodies, etc. Do you have any of those from your area?"

---------------

"Lie? miss identification? way to many details and from my first hand conversation they knew what details they were providing and they added up." Truevision

(underlining, mine) Any renditions of these creatures you could post?

-------------

Edited by QuiteContrary

Drugs can do bad stuff to you, if you say is true.

Don't do it kids.

• Like 2

Drugs can do bad stuff to you, if you say is true.

Don't do it kids.

Yeah, I kinda wonder about that angle myself. It would possibly account for all those people passing the polygraph. On the other hand, you'd think that if they were drug- or alcohol-induced hallucinations, that they would take many different forms (including the proverbial pink elephant). However, I don't know beans about drugs, so I have no idea how that would work...wouldn't this angle have been addressed by Linda Godfrey? It kinda makes me want to read her book to see if she does address it.

Well, since 10 million Frenchmen asked for this....NEVER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQVyxA3ROys

What gets me is the beast that comes in about 1:50, it could be a bear? It's hard for me to make out.

It just goes to show proof on video is not really proof.

Local reports of attacks and killings? great question and the answer is none that im aware of and if there were, im pretty sure i would have heard about it!

As far as i can tell and from what i have found these are not like any movie werewolves, Linda Godfrey suggests they should be called "Wolf beasts" because they don't completely portray a typical "monster" based werewolf, i would suggest these are a more form of cunning bipedal wolf maybe related to timber wolves, maybe they are to wolves what we are to other primates? i don't really know and if they were like the movie based werewolves there would be story's of missing people etc, but the aggression they show seems to be just that, all show in order to get away, i have no information about how dangerous they are but i am looking into finding more information on that, but a lot of animal attacks that happen if they were done by one of these wolf beasts, they may be counted as bear attacks. *shrugs*

The people i talked to and myself were all sober, in the experiences they had and when i interviewed them, im pretty straight edged myself, no drugs, understandable comments about this!

Its not that i believe in werewolves, its not that i am saying these are monsters that exist, i am beaten down by reason that these accounts and the quality of these accounts cannot be ignored by me because of how well everything solidly connected and how seperate everyone involved was not just to each other but the subject matter in the first place!

If i was going to make this up, i would have added a lot more flare to it, i would have added some kind of more interesting elements, to make something like this up is a waste of time and not very entertaining, its only interesting as something informative.

I actually don't blame any of you for being skeptical, its actually a very good way of approaching this level of information, i would have asked simular questions but honestly its pretty air tight from my experience with my ongoing studdies and finds, but second hand it doesn't look quite like that, but that's where its at right now.

I can see why most people wouldn't talk about this or any experience like this because its so strange most people just wouldn't believe people anyways!

I do want to say i really hope these things are more like real animals that tend to not attack people and i really don't think these things are really people who turn into wolfmen... i have no evidence of that which is realiable enough and i don't so, but who knows!

Well, since 10 million Frenchmen asked for this....NEVER:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQVyxA3ROys[/media]

What gets me is the beast that comes in about 1:50, it could be a bear? It's hard for me to make out.

It just goes to show proof on video is not really proof.

This guy claims he set it all up. Even wearing the costume and running on all four.

• Like 3

While I admittedly don't know too much on werewolves, I actually do know a bit about were-lions and were-hyenas from Africa, quite fascinating stuff. There have been cases back in the old days of witch doctors taking people, forcing them to live in short ceilinged places, making them shuffle in a strange crouch, and dress them up as lions for dirty work, using them as hired killers. Out in the deep bush the people are extremely superstitious, and believe quite a bit in various witch doctors having the ability to control various demonic animals, were-lions and were-hyenas sending quite a creepy vibe. I've heard my share of hyenas being shot with beads knotted in their hair, curious marks cut into their skin, and even one wearing a pair of khaki shorts!

One of my favorite tales is a first hand account by author Peter Capstick, who spent quite a bit of time as a professional hunter in the African bush. The story goes that a female witch doctor was using her two pets to cut down on the local female population. To keep things brief, the two hyenas were shot, but were found to each have a pair of regular triangular cuts on their ears, in the same location on both. The witch doctor was rather livid when she found out.

But yeah, were-creatures aren't limited to just wolves. I've heard of were-leopards too, but not nearly as many stories. The supposed were-lions are usually used by corrupt witch doctors for murders and fear tactics to get what they want. The were-hyenas are a bit more spooky though, since the things are darned smart.

I have a few possible explanations for some of these sightings though: Take them as you will.

1. Black bear going through rough times, being very thin and possibly ill, maybe mange, going either on two legs or all fours.

2. A person suffering from insanity, dressing up in animal skins or costume. Be far more cautious if this happens to be near Camp Crystal Lake.

3. Particularly stupid person dressing in skins for a prank or because he got a bit too much alcohol in his system. Never underestimate stupidity, I've seen otherwise responsible people grab electric fences for the sake of entertainment.

4. Someone really is a werewolf and good at not killing people, but just gets a kick out of scaring people.

These are just a few of my possible theories, feel free to accept or refute them at your convenience. :)

This guy claims he set it all up. Even wearing the costume and running on all four.

[media=]

[/media]

It just goes to show you can't believe what you see, especially on video, because imo if a person has enough money, savvy and equipment, they can make about anything look realistic, probably even good enough to fool the experts. That's why I think video proof, which so many seem to request, is really worthless. Not only if you are convinced in your mind that something is impossible, a mere video (in light of the above statement) is unlikely to change your mind imo, but also, videos seem to me too easily faked in this day of sophisticated recording equipment. Just for the sake of argument, if there were real video footage of a dogman, and someone wanted to make one that was fake, if they knew what they were doing, they could probably make one so good, that if you put them side by side, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I thought it was interesting that at the end of the above quoted video, he says "Just because I made a fake video, doesn't mean these creatures don't possibly exist".

(Paraphrased because I'm not good at verbatim...italic word is mine afaik)

edited for clarity

2nd eta: However I'm glad for DKO's posted video because that means that poor guy wasn't eaten after all! Yay!

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

It just goes to show you can't believe what you see, especially on video, because imo if a person has enough money, savvy and equipment, they can make about anything look realistic, probably even good enough to fool the experts. That's why I think video proof, which so many seem to request, is really worthless. Not only if you are convinced in your mind that something is impossible, a mere video (in light of the above statement) is unlikely to change your mind imo, but also, videos seem to me too easily faked in this day of sophisticated recording equipment. Just for the sake of argument, if there were real video footage of a dogman, and someone wanted to make one that was fake, if they knew what they were doing, they could probably make one so good, that if you put them side by side, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I thought it was interesting that at the end of the above quoted video, he says "Just because I made a fake video, doesn't mean these creatures don't possibly exist".

(Paraphrased because I'm not good at verbatim...italic word is mine afaik)

edited for clarity

2nd eta: However I'm glad for DKO's posted video because that means that poor guy wasn't eaten after all! Yay!

His movements are very realistic. I remember when I first saw the video, it actually made me pause and re-watch a few times.

But I agree with you on video proof. This guy made a good hoax with cheap equipment, didn't even need digital software like many people have access to now.

• Like 2

DKO, this is a little off topic, but a friend of mine, for example, is convinced crop circles are faked because two men confessed to faking them. I won't argue for a minute that there aren't fake/hoaxed crop circles out there, because I am sure there, are, but just because some of them are fake (which as I said I think is indisputable fact), doesn't mean there can't be real ones out there, which I'm inclined to believe there are. Sorry for off-topic, just trying to make a (minor) point.

DKO, this is a little off topic, but a friend of mine, for example, is convinced crop circles are faked because two men confessed to faking them. I won't argue for a minute that there aren't fake/hoaxed crop circles out there, because I am sure there, are, but just because some of them are fake (which as I said I think is indisputable fact), doesn't mean there can't be real ones out there, which I'm inclined to believe there are. Sorry for off-topic, just trying to make a (minor) point.

It's definitely possible. But I always think, if some intelligent life traveled all this way, what would they get out of marking crop fields?

Especially the way they are done, every single crop circle could easily be achieved by rope and board or something similar. Some are extremely thought out and would require a lot of preparation but none are impossible to explain.

I guess I keep my mind open that it's possible, but I just think very unlikely.

• Like 1

There's a little problem with the point you're trying to make that the descriptions being similar adds credibility to the story since they didn't know each other. I could pretty much ask any adult to describe a werewolf and they would say the exact same thing. Everyone has seen a photo or a movie about a werewolf.

Not to mention, given how aggressive these things are reported to be, I would assume that an active werewolf in those areas would produce multiple accounts of missing persons, dismembered bodies, etc. Do you have any of those from your area?

Who said they were aggressive at the point to be bloodthirsty ? In the dozen of sightings reports I have read, only one one or two claimed to have been clearly attacked by the beast. I don't really give credit to stories about whole families slaughtered by werewolves at night in their camping car or things like that. Paradoxaly, it sounds to "horror movie like" to me.

Who said they were aggressive at the point to be bloodthirsty ? In the dozen of sightings reports I have read, only one one or two claimed to have been clearly attacked by the beast. I don't really give credit to stories about whole families slaughtered by werewolves at night in their camping car or things like that. Paradoxaly, it sounds to "horror movie like" to me.

Because it's hard to tell a werewolf story where the werewolf attacked you but you don't have any injuries to show. Stories like this prey on the gullible.

As far as i can tell and from what i have found these are not like any movie werewolves, Linda Godfrey suggests they should be called "Wolf beasts" because they don't completely portray a typical "monster" based werewolf, i would suggest these are a more form of cunning bipedal wolf maybe related to timber wolves, maybe they are to wolves what we are to other primates? i don't really know and if they were like the movie based werewolves there would be story's of missing people etc, but the aggression they show seems to be just that, all show in order to get away, i have no information about how dangerous they are but i am looking into finding more information on that, but a lot of animal attacks that happen if they were done by one of these wolf beasts, they may be counted as bear attacks. *shrugs*

No offense dude, but when all you have left is explaining your woo with other woo, you're pretty much done.

It's the old "it wasn't the Jersey Devil, it was a misidentified Bigfoot" argument.

So you're going with the "nice werewolf" argument?