Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Conjuring

and-then

I think we've talked about your demon beliefs before.

As for being on UM, doesn't mean I have to believe half the moronic things posted on here on a daily basis.

Of course not. But if the idea of others believeing in demonic possession actualy makes you sad, then your probably on the wrong site. Its not like you or me or anyone on here is going to change anyones mind on the subject.

• Like 2

Anyhow I saw the movie last tuesday. I was a little dissapointed cause they advertised that it was the most scary movie ever made. That simply wasnt true. The exorcist was more scary then that. I wonder how much of the movie actualy happened. Im thinking not to much. Did the mother actualy try to kill her daughters once possessed? Was she ever really possessed at all? I might have to add the book to my reading list.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

I think we've talked about your demon beliefs before.

As for being on UM, doesn't mean I have to believe half the moronic things posted on here on a daily basis.

You are not the only one taken back by the idea of people believing in things like demons in this modern day and age..Millions of us feel the same.I am one of them..I have never seen evidence for demons in my life and I doubt I will any time soon... Too weird..BUT imaginary things that are too weird are the money makers in Hollywood, hence movies about possessions are what draws the audience..I love it in the end, but I would make sure my children know that demons do not exist, I allow them to beleive in god without using some scare tactic..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You are not the only one taken back by the idea of people believing in things like demons in this modern day and age..Millions of us feel the same.I am one of them..I have never seen evidence for demons in my life and I doubt I will any time soon... Too weird..BUT imaginary things that are too weird are the money makers in Hollywood, hence movies about possessions are what draws the audience..I love it in the end, but I would make sure my children know that demons do not exist, I allow them to beleive in god without using some scare tactic..

I wish I could say the same thing. Unfortunitly I know that they exist.

• Like 1

I wish I could say the same thing. Unfortunitly I know that they exist.

I think I know what the problem is - Maybe they feel my body is already taken over - Occupied by others.. OR I am too darn stubborn to possess lol

Awww I feel discriminated by demons now..I should have a word with satan, well dare he discriminate against people like me.. We already have a god for that lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I still don't understand how watching a movie makes you more susceptible to demon posession. Is it the same for reading a book, hearing a story?

• Like 2

I still don't understand how watching a movie makes you more susceptible to demon posession. Is it the same for reading a book, hearing a story?

I have watched the exorcism of Emily rose, haunting in ct, the possession, the last exorcism, and the haunting of molly hartly and have never been possessed. don't worry about people telling you otherwise, while I do believe in demons I don't think they're going to be out to get you just cos you watched a movie with demons in it
  • Like 1

Anyhow I saw the movie last tuesday. I was a little dissapointed cause they advertised that it was the most scary movie ever made. That simply wasnt true. The exorcist was more scary then that. I wonder how much of the movie actualy happened. Im thinking not to much. Did the mother actualy try to kill her daughters once possessed? Was she ever really possessed at all? I might have to add the book to my reading list.

I think a lot of it occured ,including the Warrens kid seeing the thing ,but the mother being possessed I had not heard .

I would think if she had actually tried to kill her kids,they would have left the house,no matter what the Warrens told them .

I would .

• Like 2

WTF is this movie doing in this section is beyond me.... its a MOVIE ..put it where it belongs.. in the entertainment section!

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3

WTF is this movie doing in this section is beyond me.... its a MOVIE ..put it where it belongs.. in the entertainment section!

Yo, man, that vein is sticking out on your forehead again.. :w00t:
  • Like 3

Yo, man, that vein is sticking out on your forehead again.. :w00t:

I was wondering the same thing, why was this not in the movies section? But because I am biased and I like you, I said noffin :P

• Like 2

I was wondering the same thing, why was this not in the movies section? But because I am biased and I like you, I said noffin :P

It was a mistake. The mods can correct it if it needs to be but, sheesh... I just dumped it here without thinking. American horror flick...I never go to the movie forum so I didn't think about it. I agree it should have been put there but, really? It's like the man's going to stroke out over it :w00t: I think Acid Head doesn't appreciate my, uhh, ANYTHING - my first clue should have been that time he called me a freak. :w00t: Anyway - thanks for overlooking the wee mistake : )
  • Like 1

It was a mistake. The mods can correct it if it needs to be but, sheesh... I just dumped it here without thinking. American horror flick...I never go to the movie forum so I didn't think about it. I agree it should have been put there but, really? It's like the man's going to stroke out over it :w00t: I think Acid Head doesn't appreciate my, uhh, ANYTHING - my first clue should have been that time he called me a freak. :w00t: Anyway - thanks for overlooking the wee mistake :)

Ack no worries.. I liked the thread.. I am just cheesed off because the movie itself is not yet released over here.. I hate that you Americans always get the goodies first lol * Shakes fist * :P

• Like 1

Ack no worries.. I liked the thread.. I am just cheesed off because the movie itself is not yet released over here.. I hate that you Americans always get the goodies first lol * Shakes fist * :P

We also get the bad one's first. :cry:

• Like 1

I found this image on my tumblr dashboard and thought I would share it.

tumblr_mqke99TYZn1sa1j13o1_500.jpg

• Like 3

Wwwhhheeerreeee was this ? What city .

A priest hanging out at a movie theater all day in case someone has a metaphysical issue from seeing a movie ...

Now I've heard everything.

What odd occurances . I'd love to read some of them .

• Like 2

I love scary movies.

This one definitely met my expectations.

Which is probably why I'm still awake, watching Family Guy, with a couple lights on.

Lol.

• Like 2

ya no ****, calm down people!

I havnt seen it but its on my list

Edited by ShadowBoy86x

I met the Warrens in the mid-70's, not sure what to make of them. However, these things do happen, what causes them, well our belief systems will dictate what we think happened. Lorraine told me that she and her husband paid a heavy price for their involvment in more than a few cases. True they sound way out, impossible in fact, yet they happen. People who deny these things, perhaps are the most fearful. It would be nice to live in a world wherein our senses actually had a veiw of reality that is real, that what we see and touch is all that there is, but that is false,scratch the skin and lots of 'stuff' will come out. That is why I am befuddled at some of the people on this site, who seem to think playing with life forms, or demons, that we don't understand is ok, normal and of no consequence.

Peace

mark

• Like 3

It's interesting to note that there is a BOOK, (money, money, - yummy, yummy!), about the incident but absolutely no proof at all as to its authenticity. And, yes folks, you guessed it, more books to follow - yippee! "We're in the money, the sky is sunny........"! :clap:

Edited by Technocrat

I met the Warrens in the mid-70's, not sure what to make of them. However, these things do happen, what causes them, well our belief systems will dictate what we think happened. Lorraine told me that she and her husband paid a heavy price for their involvment in more than a few cases. True they sound way out, impossible in fact, yet they happen. People who deny these things, perhaps are the most fearful. It would be nice to live in a world wherein our senses actually had a veiw of reality that is real, that what we see and touch is all that there is, but that is false,scratch the skin and lots of 'stuff' will come out. That is why I am befuddled at some of the people on this site, who seem to think playing with life forms, or demons, that I don't understand is ok, normal and of no consequence.

Peace

mark

fixed that for you..........

It's been going on since the day Solomon became King, Mark. Just because you don't understand the why, doesn't mean that some expert practitioners are playing around in the process of summoning elementals. Yes, there are some newbies who screw up and learn a hard lesson in life, because they didn't do the proper research on the right protocol, before they began summoning elementals. But just like in any practice, there are greenhorns who lack wisdom and there are experts who know what they are doing that don't play around with the forces of nature.

Remember, Mark...a person only fears what they do not understand.

• Like 1

I've been a fan of the TV show - Supernatural for a few years now.. Demon possessions, Lucifer and all sorts of crazy things going on.. and not once have I felt any presence or even been possessed.. I've watched - The Exorcist a few times over and still nothing... I guess I don't have the right soul for those so called demons lol

Kind of reminds me of this clip from - Father Ted...

Careful now .. :P

When anyone protests a movie and calls it not worth watching or if watched you need help and so on, they are only pushing peiople in to see the movie

I have no problem with the idea of the paranormal.

But I hope this is not another psycho media-scam as was with Amityville.

Who knows.

• Like 1

It's interesting to note that there is a BOOK, (money, money, - yummy, yummy!), about the incident but absolutely no proof at all as to its authenticity. And, yes folks, you guessed it, more books to follow - yippee! "We're in the money, the sky is sunny........"! :clap:

And other authors dont have the right to make money on their work ?

The books are done . Long before the movie . The movie is based on the WARRENS files ,not the families ,so the Warrens own the rights .

The families book is also self published ,and if you know anything about self publishing ,you make no money on it .

• Like 1