Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The race to create 'green' energy...

keithisco

A promising development in creating green energy are the advances made at a US National Laboratory in Northern California. If Artificial Photosynthesis can be made viable on a commercial scale then the production of direct energy (in the form of ethanol) rather than via electricity, AND the absorption of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide during the process could be the "magic bullet" for sustainable energy.

Read more courtesy of the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23370278

• Like 1

with zero point energy & cold fusion research stalling, and turning into the hares of the green energy race, let's hope this artificial photosynthesis idea turns into a bit of a tortoise!

clean energy plus carbon reduction can only equal a win-win situation i reckon.....

:-)

Edited by shrooma

Not really new, the problem they will encounter is the same as all: in the lab it works quite well... the problems start in large scale.

I find the algae process developed by a Spanish company much more promising... yet we hear little about it.

with zero point energy & cold fusion research stalling, and turning into the hares of the green energy race, let's hope this artificial photosynthesis idea turns into a bit of a tortoise!

clean energy plus carbon reduction can only equal a win-win situation i reckon.....

It would not really reduce carbon unless you pump the alcohol into dry oil wells. But it would sure contribute to a stabilization.

I find the algae process developed by a Spanish company much more promising... yet we hear little about it.

there was a thread on here about it i seem to remember?

with probably the same scaling-up problems.

or lack of commercial interest.....

It would not really reduce carbon unless you pump the alcohol into dry oil wells. But it would sure contribute to a stabilization.

pump the alcohol into dr.....?!

BLASPHEMERRRR!!

• Like 1