Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] What is a human?

danielost

If you go by the bible humans are the most importent being on earth. We look like god. We know good from evil.

If you go by science we are just a bunch of smart monkeys

My opinion is we are special in the eyes of god. That all lfe forms are our brothers and sisters in the sceem of things.

I can't go by science because there are too many unanswered questions that nobody seems to be answered.

According to science man evolved from the chimp. We got our large brain by eating meat. Ok if that worked on us how come the preditors don't have a large bran. Further chimps also eat meat, no large brain.

According to science we stood up on our hind legs to be able to over the grass for danger and it helped to cut the energy needed to walk between trees. Again same question if this was such a good thing how come only humans and pre-humans did it.

I will leave evolving mammals for another time.

• Like 1

One more thing. Humans seem to be outside the food chain, except for hunters. Our food comes pre-packed and ready to eat. The animals we comsume are mostly outside the normal food chain. There are no predaters to worry about on a daily bases. True once in a while you hear about a lion or tiger killing someone for food, but not to often.

I'm called a human by other sources who present themselves as also being like me.

But all I truly know is that I think, so therefore I am. What I am, however, I am not certain. All of the religious and science books that exist and likely ever will exist won't truly be able to get me past this point of unsure stance of whether whatever is outside of my personal consciousness even truly exists. I can only trust that all around me is real, but all I know is that I am real. This makes me a being, and I suppose the human name works as well as any other.

So I am a human, but lately have been seeing myself in a more simplified light. I'm consciousness. I just wanted to add an extra addition to what seems to be leading to only two main options in the OP.

• Like 1

One more thing. Humans seem to be outside the food chain, except for hunters. Our food comes pre-packed and ready to eat. The animals we comsume are mostly outside the normal food chain. There are no predaters to worry about on a daily bases. True once in a while you hear about a lion or tiger killing someone for food, but not to often.

Try going out in the African wilds there are lots of predators willing to eat us and did eat us during our evolution.

For the rest in your fist post, its all been covered before, you'll just ignore it now like you did then.

As for what is a human;

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Subphylum: Vertebrata

Class: Mammalia

Subclass: Theria

Infraclass: Eutheria

Order: Primates

Suborder: Anthropoidea

Superfamily: Hominoidea

Family: Hominidae

Genus: Homo

Species: sapiens

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 4

If you go by the bible humans are the most importent being on earth. We look like god. We know good from evil.

My opinion is we are special in the eyes of god. That all lfe forms are our brothers and sisters in the sceem of things.

I can't go by science because there are too many unanswered questions that nobody seems to be answered.

According to science man evolved from the chimp. We got our large brain by eating meat. Ok if that worked on us how come the preditors don't have a large bran. Further chimps also eat meat, no large brain.

According to science we stood up on our hind legs to be able to over the grass for danger and it helped to cut the energy needed to walk between trees. Again same question if this was such a good thing how come only humans and pre-humans did it.

You're starting out with incorrect information to begin with. Science does not say we evolved from the chimpanzee. What it does say is that our ancestors and chimpanzees shared a common ancestor about 6 million years, with neither line being the origin of the other.

cormac

• Like 8

I think we as humans are infinite consciousness.

We are powerful being with unlimited potential....

When we are awaken we can do and manifest what we wish...

I believe we as humans are made in God's image...

and that is why we are creative...

I am to good to have come from Chimps...

I come from angelic bloodlines if any..

and I consider myself above any church or so called kings

of this sphere..

I believe once humans tap into their real potential..

and true super natural power and nature..

they can never be controled or contained

by the so called masters of this realm any longer..

I am to good to have come from Chimps...

That right there is why I think Evolution is one of the most important ideas ever to occur to the human mind. It puts us firmly in our place in the natural world. We are not ethereal creatures that float above it and dictate to it, nature dictates to us. We do not own the Earth, we are inhabitants, just like all the rest of the animal kingdom. At best we are stewards for the Earth, and at the moment we're doing a pretty poor job of that.

What is man? One manifestation of the continuum that is life. That we exist to call ourselves special does not make it so. Trilobites probably thought they were pretty special too.

• Like 2

Try going out in the African wilds there are lots of predators willing to eat us and did eat us during our evolution.

For the rest in your fist post, its all been covered before, you'll just ignore it now like you did then.

As for what is a human;

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Subphylum: Vertebrata

Class: Mammalia

Subclass: Theria

Infraclass: Eutheria

Order: Primates

Suborder: Anthropoidea

Superfamily: Hominoidea

Family: Hominidae

Genus: Homo

Species: sapiens

The hippo kill more than all of the preditors in africa. Further I watch big cat diary during the week. The lions walk right by the humans and their camaras even when they are hungry. Some of the cheetas use the trucks as termite mounds. And the lipoerds will lay in reaching distance of the humans. Sorry about my spelling.

Edited by danielost

There are other moral species, we are not that special.

You mean apes.

That all lfe forms are our brothers and sisters in the sceem of things.

I'll buy that.

There are always unanswered questions, in every field of study. What do you mean you "can't go by science"? Are you saying that since science doesn't know everything about the behaviour of electrons, you can't use electronics, like a personal computer and broadband electronic communication?

According to science man evolved from the chimp.

Already addressed, we shared a common ancestor.

We got our large brain by eating meat.

That's just one theory.

Ok if that worked on us how come the preditors don't have a large bran. Further chimps also eat meat, no large brain.

If carrying around your young in a marsupial pouch is so effective, why don't all mammals do it? Different adaptations for different environments were naturally selected.

I have another question for you. If humans are special, in that we have immortal souls from God, where and how do you draw the line in the list of hominids? Did Neanderthal have a soul? What about homo erectus? How about Homo floresiensis,a species that went extinct only 12,000 years ago?

• Like 2

This Awareness indicates that the Semites as that which has been discussed already, as having been cloned by Jehovah, on Mars, and transported to Earth. This was approximately the time that Atlantis was near the time of sinking. This appears to be approximately 10,000 BC, give or take two thousands years.

This Awareness indicates that the red man as the Atlanteans or Atlans, those who originally were on Atlantis. These decedents of those who are called the Atlans. The Atlans were space people; these entities appear to have come from Vega. This Awareness indicates that the yellow race was earlier, from the interior of the earth. These entities appear to have been the original natives of earth, prior to the others.

The blacks as seen as having come from a planet...that the origin or location of this planet is not seen clearly...that this appears to have been in the direction of Orion; that this appears to be related to that which is called the Dog Star, as a general location of this particular planet. That these entities did not like being in their location because of the

Orion Empire infringing in their territory and many of these entities came to Earth through the assistance of others who were traveling to Earth at the time. This Awareness indicates that the Pleiadians assisted them in relocating to the Earth and the Reptoid group that was then mining on the Earth attempted to use these entities as slaves.

This Awareness indicates that the whites came to that area of Carpathia from the Pleiadian system. They brought the whites in and left groups in Carpathia and from there, these entities moved into different directions. This Awareness indicates that the different races were originally created by that which has been termed as the Prism of Lyra, the white hole through which light enters into this universe and spreads into different rays as through a prism, and each ray having created its own species of humanoid type being.

This Awareness indicates that the green ray and the blue ray, indigo and violet, red, orange and yellow rays, each creating a different species. That the black race and white race were created at the same time, but were later changed by environmental conditions that altered their pigments and genes because of separation into different locations, these on sub-levels.

This Awareness indicates that all humans, except the Semites were created through the same ray. The Reptoids, the Zeta Reticulli, the Orions and others were created from different rays, but the humans all began as the same beings, the same type of being, and what you see now are sub-races of the human race. These were created largely by their movement into different places, having different kinds of environmental influences on them, to cause them to alter and progress in different directions, toward different coloration, pigmentation and physical features.

This Awareness indicates that the Semites were a race created from the cloning process of Jehovah in the area of Mars and that they were transported on Earth by the Orion engineers. This Awareness indicates that these entities were then placed on Earth to be used for mining in the areas of Africa, but were found to be disobedient and therefore, unworkable in that capacity.

The Orion entities were driven away; this including Jehovah, and the Sirius entities entered and influenced the further development and progression of the races and entities on Earth for some time, establishing certain structures and organization to keep the civilization progressing.

This Awareness indicates that the Pleiadian influence had occurred on Earth before this time period, but that it was again repeated at a somewhat later date in which the Pleiadians again returned to influence their seeding of the planet. This Awareness indicates that essentially, the planet was a kind of dumping ground for misfits and people who did not work out, the experiments that did not work out in other places, and this being much like Australia, wherein Australia was an isolated continent that could be used as a dumping ground for prisoners to get them out of society in Europe and yet let them live their own lives as they desired. This Awareness indicates that this was the case for many of these who were brought to Earth.

I am the evolution of the Universe to reflect on itself. I am not the only being either and maybe not the smartest. Other creatures have their role, too.

• Like 1

A human is a primate that walks upright, and is almost hairless in comparison to the other primates on planet Earth. The species carries a larger brain than most primates and has used that organ to create tools, languages, and machines. While possessing the ability to reason, most specimens of H. Sapiens tend to fall back on the primitive, emotional responses to new stimuli and tend to disregard their higher brain functions.

As an anthropological note, Orangutans are the most monogamous primate species, chimpanzees the most promiscuous, and humans fall squarely in between them both.

• Like 1

You don't like unanswered questions, yet you're reading the Bible?

A large brain does not really mean much. Humans have a brain to body mass ratio of 1:40- so do mice. Ants have huge brain to body mass ratio- 1:7, and some birds range around 1:12. Elephants are known to be intelligent animals, and their ratio is 1:560.

Within the more human range, our brains have shrunk a bit over time. Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons had larger brains than modern humans do.

Edit: had to say something about our food coming pre-packaged and ready to eat. That's not the case everywhere. There are places in the world where people never eat PP or RTE foods- they farm, hunt, and gather and cook from scratch. PP and RTE foods have only really seriously come about as a commonly available commodity in the last 100 years or so- before that it was farm, hunt, gather and cook from scratch for everyone.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 2

That is true but, at least in america we go to the supermarket. Yes, I know that not everyone has a supermarket to go to. Also I made allowances for hunters.

What are Humans?

According to the Crystalline Lifeform on the planet Velara III, we are-

"ugly bags of mostly water"

a rather accurate description.

• Like 1

Yea, but we were trying to kill them.

• Like 1

I believe we are beings that just always were, physics states energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but it can be changed, isn't the spirit energy? I think we did evolve but not from monkeys, we should be seeing changes in monkeys if that were the case

• Like 1

I believe we are beings that just always were, physics states energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but it can be changed, isn't the spirit energy? I think we did evolve but not from monkeys, we should be seeing changes in monkeys if that were the case

Excuse me please. You are correct in stating that we did not evolve from monkeys, but your understanding of evolution is a little fuzzy. The theory states that both monkeys AND humans evolved from a common ancestor. Humans form one branch of the primate tree, while the lesser primates form other branches.

• Like 2

If it is it should be scientifically verifiable and the results reproducible by multiple studies/labs. So where is the evidence for this?

You seem to suffer for the same incorrect assumption as danielost does, and many others I've come across, as science does not claim that we originated from chimpanzees nor even monkeys. What it does show evidence for is that we have common ancestors with such groups dating to before c.6 million years BP. That you seem to believe otherwise suggests you don't really understand evolution nor the hominid timeline.

cormac

• Like 1

If it is it should be scientifically verifiable and the results reproducible by multiple studies/labs. So where is the evidence for this?

You seem to suffer for the same incorrect assumption as danielost does, and many others I've come across, as science does not claim that we originated from chimpanzees nor even monkeys. What it does show evidence for is that we have common ancestors with such groups dating to before c.6 million years BP. That you seem to believe otherwise suggests you don't really understand evolution nor the hominid timeline.

cormac

Why should it be varifable through science. Also has anyone ever tried to.

The so called common ancester of chimps and humans was a primate with hands and a tail iving in trees eating fruits and/or bugs.

I don't know about you but that sounds like a monkey to me. The only difference between chimps and humans according to your experts is, humans came down out of the trees and chimps didn't. Also according to your experts, the human brain got so big because we supplemented our diet with meat. Chimps eat meat, they make tools, they even hold on to their favorite tools. Ever preditor eats meat how come none of them have a large brain like humans. Also when did humans drop out of the food chain. True we eat food, but we are not food usually.

The so called common ancester of chimps and humans was a primate with hands and a tail iving in trees eating fruits and/or bugs.

I don't know about you but that sounds like a monkey to me. The only difference between chimps and humans according to your experts is, humans came down out of the trees and chimps didn't. Also according to your experts, the human brain got so big because we supplemented our diet with meat. Chimps eat meat, they make tools, they even hold on to their favorite tools. Ever preditor eats meat how come none of them have a large brain like humans. Also when did humans drop out of the food chain. True we eat food, but we are not food usually.

The common ancestor of chimps and humans looked more like a chimp, so not a monkey. Now the common ancestor of our common ancestors and monkeys looked more like a monkey, so they could be called a monkey.

Eating meat only helped us by adding another source of nutrients. Meat is not the only reason for larger brains; some recent studies suggest that sociality has played a key role in the evolution of larger brain size among dogs. Detailed analysis of the evolutionary history of carnivores documents at least six separate changes in brain sizes for the group, suggesting that the story of brain size increase is far more complex than previously assumed.

Humans have not "dropped out" of the food chain, your premise does not make sense, just because we have learned to better protect ourselves with tools, doesn’t mean we are out of the food chain. Are other top predators out of the food chain? Nothing eats them? No they are not because when they die their bodies, just like ours, decompose by bacteria and fungus which continues the food cycle.

Energy can be verified through science, therefore any energy that can be unequivocally attributed to a human spirit/soul should be able to be verified through science. :rolleyes:

Which verifies that you really don't know much about human evolution since members of the genus Homo descend from Australopithecines (which didn't have a tail) whose ancestors split from the chimpanzee c.6 million years BP (again, no tails), their ancestors of whom split from gorillas c.9 million years BP (and again no tails) with their ancestors splitting from the orangutans c.12 Mya - 16 Mya (also no tails) with their ancestors splitting from the gibbons (no tails) c.18 million years BP. This list was purposely shortened as any unlisted members of the line going back to c.18 million years BP are not evidenced as having had tails either. All of which means your knowledgebase in regards to human evolution is so lacking in useful content that you might perhaps want to start over.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

So odin you agree that humans came from chimps and apes came from monkeys.

;Carmac, if we don't have the tech to detect something, does not mean it isn't there.

As for the evolution goes if you go back far enough humans came from chimps which came from monkeys, doesn't matter how many branches there are.

None of you have even tried to answer my questions. Just telling me I don't understand evolution. Answer the questions.