Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizen of Israel vs Nazi Checkpoint

Yamato

I've seen enough of his refusals to answer your question. It's usually about 50 miles north of the Mexico border. The agents said why it was there, to check citizenship papers. On one hand they're pulling everyone over, on the other hand, they justified pulling Anderson over on "suspicion". And then they couldn't answer the question why they were suspicious. Because he was driving down the road? It's total nonsense. You don't ask the questions Anderson does to determine that what you're going through is nonsense, and through your cooperation with it, you would keep checkpoints like that one up and running. If everyone did what Anderson did, the checkpoints would disappear. The people who shrug it off and talk about how much of a waste of time watching this video is, they're who to blame for the infringement of our rights we have to put up with.

What makes it illegal? Do you think that peoples persons and property should be destroyed, seized, detained, or arrested for exercising their Fourth Amendment rights?

Do you want police setting up roadblocks on streets across America and checking for drunk drivers, open containers, seat belts, suspended licenses, no insurance, expired tags, marijuana, etc?

it also happens in the Middle East

Pointless video ever? Maybe, hes trying to promote himself.

this should been posted in the off topic section

Maybe the posters who frequent that board have a clue about their rights. Granted, every one of you so far who has this apathy for exercising one's rights is a foreigner.

• Like 1

Nonsense. There are videos galore of him asserting his rights at checkpoints and this one was the only one I found where he's mentioned his DVD. Notice how long it takes for him to reach for it after the Nazi checkpoint began. How about assisting me in finding one of those many other examples and posting them here? No, you're not interested in all that. You're in Berlin, so what do you care about the Bill of Rights? Promote "showing your papers" on the Europe board.

I don't have to show my papers. That's a US thing, apparently.

What is the border patrol trying to do? I believe it's catching illegal immigrants. Which is what a lot of US Americans want, but if they try, it's wrong as well. They randomly stop cars, and seem to approach the drivers in a respectful manner. I see nothing illegal here (I did not watch the full video, I give you that), no search, no dentention, only a question about his citizenship. And he goes on to recite the bible, blaring something about being a citizen of Israel. Seriously? If I'd be one of the border patrol officers, I'd think this guy is either nuts, or one of the biggest douchebags around who is just trying to massively troll them.

And he is doing this to generate youtube views and thus promote his DVD. That is why there is a link to the DVD directly under the video.

• Like 3

well, its obvious to me why they were suspicious - when the 1st officer asked him if it was his car he said something like "I'd rather not answer" - geez, talk about setting yourself up for more questioning

BEST - Ron

• Like 2

Maybe the posters who frequent that board have a clue about their rights. Granted, every one of you so far who has this apathy for exercising one's rights is a foreigner.

well its not the greatest post this year is it? I know whats happening here, in effect I think you are helping him

I don't have to show my papers. That's a US thing, apparently.

What is the border patrol trying to do? I believe it's catching illegal immigrants. Which is what a lot of US Americans want, but if they try, it's wrong as well. They randomly stop cars, and seem to approach the drivers in a respectful manner. I see nothing illegal here (I did not watch the full video, I give you that), no search, no dentention, only a question about his citizenship. And he goes on to recite the bible, blaring something about being a citizen of Israel. Seriously? If I'd be one of the border patrol officers, I'd think this guy is either nuts, or one of the biggest douchebags around who is just trying to massively troll them.

Do it at the border. To people driving across it. The Nazis at their checkpoint aren't the trolls, someone exercising his rights is. Okay got it, Klink.

well, its obvious to me why they were suspicious - when the 1st officer asked him if it was his car he said something like "I'd rather not answer" - geez, talk about setting yourself up for more questioning

BEST - Ron

Oh so if you just surrender your rights and submit to the search, there's nothing to be suspicious of. Good thinking, Ron. Who needs the Constitution when you have Checkpoints to protect you.

well its not the greatest post this year is it? I know whats happening here, in effect I think you are helping him

In effect I hope I'm helping everyone who refuses to give up their rights at a checkpoint or roadblock in this country by reminding them that rights don't exercise themselves.

• Like 1

Do it at the border. To people driving across it. The Nazis at their checkpoint aren't the trolls, someone exercising his rights is. Okay got it, Klink.

Saying that you are a citizen of Israel is not excercising your rights. He is not a citizen of Israel. Which rights are they infringing? Name them, please.

Oh so if you just surrender your rights and submit to the search, there's nothing to be suspicious of. Good thinking, Ron. Who needs the Constitution when you have Checkpoints to protect you.

Every car is suspicious. What do you think people guilty of human trafficking look like? You want every car searched at the border? OK, if you prefer that. I wouldn't.

A lot slip through the border of California. It's only sensible to have further checks deeper in the country. If I'd see them being disrespectful, or if they would try to infringe his rights, I'd be the first to point it outm, believe me that. I love the rights I am having over here just as much as you love yours. And they are not that different, after all.

Edit: Is it a full blown search? Always?

Edited by FLOMBIE

oh be serious, a little co-operation goes a long way - for all that policeman knew, he didnt want to answer the question because the car was stolen

I dont see this as a Constitutional issue at all - its just some guy acting like a jerk instead of using common sense

BEST - Ron

• Like 3

Saying that you are a citizen of Israel is not excercising your rights. He is not a citizen of Israel. Which rights are they infringing? Name them, please.

Every car is suspicious. What do you think people guilty of human trafficking look like? You want every car searched at the border? OK, if you prefer that. I wouldn't.

A lot slip through the border of California. It's only sensible to have further checks deeper in the country. If I'd see them being disrespectful, or if they would try to infringe his rights, I'd be the first to point it outm, believe me that. I love the rights I am having over here just as much as you love yours. And they are not that different, after all.

Edit: Is it a full blown search? Always?

Read the Bill of Rights so you know what rights Americans have guaranteed by law. The right to remain silent, for starters. People shouldn't be forced to surrender their rights because border patrol agents can't do their jobs on the border. Smashing his car up, smashing his head onto the top of the door, tazing him four times for 20 seconds, smashing his head into the ground and into broken glass for not surrendering his rights isn't disrespectful? Well Sieg Hiel, brotha.

oh be serious, a little co-operation goes a long way - for all that policeman knew, he didnt want to answer the question because the car was stolen

I dont see this as a Constitutional issue at all - its just some guy acting like a jerk instead of using common sense

BEST - Ron

Yeah well everyone should be suspicious of you for whatever, because for all anyone knows, you could have done whatever.

The First and Fourth and Fifth Amendments aren't a Constitutional issue? Just wow brotha.

Read the Bill of Rights so you know what rights Americans have guaranteed by law. The right to remain silent, for starters. People shouldn't be forced to surrender their rights because border patrol agents can't do their jobs on the border. Smashing his car up, smashing his head onto the top of the door, tazing him four times for 20 seconds, smashing his head into the ground and into broken glass for not surrendering his rights isn't disrespectful? Well Sieg Hiel, brotha.

Well, I believe those officers infringed his rights and were pleaded guilty for that. He had his rights after they unlawfully broke them. However I don't see this being the case in this very video. They were very respectful.

No, I do not want to read it again. You know about it. Please name them, one by one. That makes it so much easier. Give me something.

Edit: And please tell me exactly how they infringe them; by what actions. If you'd really want to make this an issue, you've got to have something.

Edited by FLOMBIE

Using religion has a defense is sad

He is not even using religion as a defense, it's merely a tool to troll them, and make them step out of character.

• Like 1

He is not even using religion as a defense, it's merely a tool to troll them, and make them step out of character.

Right, as if, why should someone exercise their First Amendment rights and play the players at the same time? Tragic!

Well, I believe those officers infringed his rights and were pleaded guilty for that. He had his rights after they unlawfully broke them. However I don't see this being the case in this very video. They were very respectful.

No, I do not want to read it again. You know about it. Please name them, one by one. That makes it so much easier. Give me something.

Edit: And please tell me exactly how they infringe them; by what actions. If you'd really want to make this an issue, you've got to have something.

If you do believe that the officers infringed his rights and you still have as much problem with this as you've already shown you have, then that's the real measure of how much you think of rights. No, you don't have your rights after someone breaks them. You have them always, perpetually, incessantly, without end. If they were respectful in one video, and not in the other, then what does that matter? That we should surrender our rights when someone forces us to respectfully? Attitudes like yours are a shill of the establishment. They love people like you. Obedient workers. The fact of the matter is, we'll never change anything in society by bending over to force control like you keep enthusiastically suggesting.

Right, as if, why should someone exercise their First Amendment rights and play the players at the same time? Tragic!

If you do believe that the officers infringed his rights and you still have as much problem with this as you've already shown you have, then that's the real measure of how much you think of rights. No, you don't have your rights after someone breaks them. You have them always, perpetually, incessantly, without end. If they were respectful in one video, and not in the other, then what does that matter? That we should surrender our rights when someone forces us to respectfully? Attitudes like yours are a shill of the establishment. They love people like you. Obedient workers. The fact of the matter is, we'll never change anything in society by bending over to force control like you keep enthusiastically suggesting.

Since you are only evading my questions again and again, I try a different approach.

I claim that he is infringing the 1. Amendment by claiming his citizenship of Israel on the bible, and the 1. Amendment is defining the US as a secular country, and thus he has no legal principle to do so.

Edited by FLOMBIE

Since you are only evading my questions again and again, I try a different approach.

I claim that he is infringing the 1. Amendment by claiming his citizenship of Israel on the bible, and the 1. Amendment is defining the US as a secular country, and thus he has no legal principle to do so.

I haven't evaded your questions, I've answered them. What is the "1. Amendment"? He's exercising his right to express himself. Your opinion not liking how he does it doesn't get his rights taken away.

So this bloke is pulled over by immigration police, asked if he's an American citizen and mouths off at the police and wonders why he's given a once over?

Maybe the checkpoint was less then legal, maybe he did have the right to remain silent - he didn't use that one - maybe he has a right to free speech - certainly used that one - but all he did was use that right to intentionally lie to the police in order to get a negative reaction from them.

What a glorious defence of the Bill of Rights there!

"Are you an American citizen?"

"No"

"Papers please"

To the police, right now he looks like someone who's lied to get across the border. Well stone me, what a fascist state it is to treat illegal immigrants like criminals.

• Like 5

[media=]

[/media]

This may be a little bit off topic, but what gets me is that, whatever these checkpoints are doing (I haven't watched the www.afterthetribulation.com yet), they sure don't seem to be doing anything about illegal immigration. Afaik, the illegals are still just pouring across the border, and iirc, LEO's can't even arrest someone for being illegal anymore, or can they? And what really gets me, is knowing what the Mexican or other Latin American government would do to anyone who was in their country illegally.

I haven't evaded your questions, I've answered them. What is the "1. Amendment"? He's exercising his right to express himself. Your opinion not liking how he does it doesn't get his rights taken away.

He is straight out lying to a law enforcement officer. That is never a good idea. Never. Especially not with a far out story as his. And do they infringe his rights? No. They let him go. Could have been a lot earlier. Even if they unlawfully tried to steal 5 minutes of his time. And hey, one of them even checks out his DVD, not too bad.

He is not even obliged to carry a passport in these checkpoints. And they do catch illegals on this way. Helping the border patrol would mean helping on that, too. I guess this guy is not the "Support our Troops" kind of guy.

So this bloke is pulled over by immigration police, asked if he's an American citizen and mouths off at the police and wonders why he's given a once over?

Maybe the checkpoint was less then legal, maybe he did have the right to remain silent - he didn't use that one - maybe he has a right to free speech - certainly used that one - but all he did was use that right to intentionally lie to the police in order to get a negative reaction from them.

What a glorious defence of the Bill of Rights there!

"Are you an American citizen?"

"No"

"Papers please"

To the police, right now he looks like someone who's lied to get across the border. Well stone me, what a fascist state it is to treat illegal immigrants like criminals.

Yes he did use that one. Where did he "lie"? When the agent asked him questions he didn't answer them. That is exercising your right to remain silent. As if, he just sat there, and didn't say a word, and didn't speak English, then they'd be less suspicious he's an illegal alien? Come on man you're better than that.

He didn't say "No" when they asked him if he was an American citizen. He refused to answer their questions.

Federal agents need to secure the border. Policing the states is the states' job. It's obvious he's not an illegal immigrant. First of all he's not immigrating. He's in a licensed vehicle from Arizona that's up to date. They have no reason to suspect him of immigrating. Using immigration as their excuse was BS. If everyone driving a car 50 miles from the border is a suspect of illegal immigration then everyone 50 miles from a bar is suspect of drunk driving. By not getting the importance of exercising your rights, you in effect enable police to do anything for any reason. You enable the police state.

Let's review another checkpoint refusal:

Anderson: "What's up man?"

Agent: "How are you doing today sir?"

Anderson: "Good."

Agent: "Are you a U.S. citizen?"

Anderson: "That's my business."

Agent: "Well, it's our business to ask. Are you a U.S. citizen or not?"

Anderson: "You can ask, that's fine."

Agent: "Well you have to answer or I'll have to detain you until you can either tell me..."

Anderson: "Well, I don't have to answer because I have rights as an American."

Fast forward to present day.

"This is where I draw the line, when I have to go through three checkpoints within 90 minutes, just to drive to work -- that tells me I'm living in a police state," he said.

Back to the video:

Anderson: "I didn't know I had to go around proving that I'm a citizen. Do I need to like show my papers like Nazis?"

Border Patrol agents then asked him to pull off to the side of the road.

Anderson: "No thank you."

Agent: "I want you to pull over sir."

Anderson: "No thanks. I want to go free on my way."

And even though he refused to comply, he was let go.

Anderson: "Go ahead and go where?"

Agent: "On the road."

Anderson: "See ya later."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19015931/2012/07/13/pastor-border-patrol

You think Anderson is wrong for doing this? Why?

He is straight out lying to a law enforcement officer. That is never a good idea. Never. Especially not with a far out story as his. And do they infringe his rights? No. They let him go. Could have been a lot earlier. Even if they unlawfully tried to steal 5 minutes of his time. And hey, one of them even checks out his DVD, not too bad.

He is not even obliged to carry a passport in these checkpoints. And they do catch illegals on this way. Helping the border patrol would mean helping on that, too. I guess this guy is not the "Support our Troops" kind of guy.

First you said they did infringe his rights now you say they don't. So when you stop spinning and figure out what you really think, I'll help you. Border patrol agents should be patrolling the border, not doing the police's job for them inside the states of Arizona and California. He didn't straight out lie, ever. You're flat out lying to claim so.

First you said they did infringe his rights now you say they don't. So when you stop spinning and figure out what you really think, I'll help you. Border patrol agents should be patrolling the border, not doing the police's job for them inside the states of Arizona and California. He didn't straight out lie, ever. You're flat out lying to claim so.

I said "Even if they were unlawfully...". This is a figure of speech.

I am not a US citizen, I am a citizen of Israel (paraphrased) is not a straight out lie?

And no, the border patrol is not only patrolling the border. They have a lot more duties. The name is a little misleading, I give you that.

Edited by FLOMBIE