Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizen of Israel vs Nazi Checkpoint

Yamato

You do have the right to remain silent, however that does not mean the officer has to let you go. This man was stating he is a citizen of the sovereign nation of Israel. When asked if he was an American citizen he refused to say yes and kept going on how he was a Citizen of Israel. At that point you have to show your documents to state that you are in the Country legally or you can be detained until it is sorted out.

~Thanato

Yes you do and yes, the officer does not have to let you go just like he can't arrest you for exercising your right to remain silent. In order to exercise your rights while you're being detained, you continuously ask for the officer to let you go. Don't just sit there and wait for more tricks and small talk. Ask him to identify himself. He is under obligation to do so as a public official. Say "Am I being detained?" It's a simple yes or no answer. If he keeps stalling and you've got him on video, it's going to make him look terrible if your case goes to court. Ask him "Am I free to go?" This gives the police officer a choice of letting you go. These questions also make the cop realize that you know your rights and unless they're extremely bored, have a personality disorder of some kind and would just like to troll you, or genuinely have some reason to be suspicious (which merely driving cannot yield) .

At that point you have to show your documents to state that you are in the Country legally or you can be detained until it is sorted out.

Your papers, your papers, please. What you're saying is that because Anderson stated he's a citizen of Israel and used a Biblical reference as the basis for his claim, he then somehow suddenly didn't have his right to remain silent. A preposterous notion. You don't lose your right to remain silent even after you're under arrest for a crime. You don't lose your right to remain silent after you pull a Bible out and explain your Biblical citizenship either.

The reason that you wouldn't have to show your papers to state that you are in the country legally is because the cop had no reason to be suspicious of you in the first place. Another honest review of the OP video makes it clear when Anderson asks them what they're suspicious of and they stand there with their tongues hanging out like "uhhh duhhh". That was the first epic fail of the border agents that made their limp charges get thrown out of court. If they can't specify why you're under suspicion, you're not under any obligation to show them anything.

If a cop pulls you over, don't bend over and submit like a slave and let him dictate the flow of conversation with you. He'll walk all over you with more self-incriminating questions than you can handle. So you take over and ask the questions. If he does ask you questions, answer his questions with questions. What are you suspicious of? What crime do you think I committed? Why did you pull me over? And so on. And if the cop gives a valid reason for suspecting you, give him your drivers license. But STILL don't throw away your right to remain silent! EVER.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

Yes you do and yes, the officer does not have to let you go just like he can't arrest you for exercising your right to remain silent. In order to exercise your rights while you're being detained, you continuously ask for the officer to let you go. Don't just sit there and wait for more tricks and small talk. Ask him to identify himself. He is under obligation to do so as a public official. Say "Am I being detained?" It's a simple yes or no answer. If he keeps stalling and you've got him on video, it's going to make him look terrible if your case goes to court. Ask him "Am I free to go?" This gives the police officer a choice of letting you go. These questions also make the cop realize that you know your rights and unless they're extremely bored, have a personality disorder of some kind and would just like to troll you, or genuinely have some reason to be suspicious (which merely driving cannot yield) .

Your papers, your papers, please. What you're saying is that because Anderson stated he's a citizen of Israel and used a Biblical reference as the basis for his claim, he then somehow suddenly didn't have his right to remain silent. A preposterous notion. You don't lose your right to remain silent even after you're under arrest for a crime. You don't lose your right to remain silent after you pull a Bible out and explain your Biblical citizenship either.

You can't use a fictitious book as a reference for your country of origin.

If I was the officer, I would of detained him (not arrested) and sorted it out where he came from.

• Like 1

You can't use a fictitious book as a referencefor your country of origin.

If I was the officer, I would of detained him (not arrested) and sorted it out where he came from.

Don't tell me that he doesn't have a freedom of speech now. Now you're infringing on his 1st Amendment rights.

So it's the Christianity you have a problem with then. And when he had you on film with marbles in your mouth about why you suspected him, you're powerless to do anything to him so go ahead and waste his time and yours. Great police work. Or border patrol agent work rather.

The last power most people are too indoctrinated into slavery not to exercise is going to court and contesting the charges against them. My best friend and I in high school fought an $880 charge for him driving over the white line on the shoulder of the road. In this case the cop was there but we were ready and presented our case to the judge making a fool out of the officer for writing such a frivolous ticket. What was the end result?

Arresting officer: "I don't remember this case, Your Honor."

Judge: "Mr. Branson, you're free to go."

Edited by Yamato

He claimed to not be a US Citizen, refused to show documents that let him be in the country legally, that right there is reason enough to detain him and sort it out.

~Thanato

• Like 2

He claimed to not be a US Citizen, refused to show documents that let him be in the country legally, that right there is reason enough to detain him and sort it out.

~Thanato

Quit using logic lol

• Like 1

~Thanato

No he didn't. That is a lie.

Yes he refused to show documents and they refused to show reasons for suspicion. You don't have a bloody clue how to exercise your rights and instead of listening to some advice, you're in what I'll call Sheeple Denial.

• Like 2

Quit using logic lol

but logic is all i have!

Yes he refused to show documents and they refused to show reasons for suspicion. You don't have a bloody clue how to exercise your rights and instead of listening to some advice, you're in what I'll call Sheeple Denial.

I watched the video. Where did he say 'im a US citizen'?

but logic is all i have!

I watched the video. Where did he say 'im a US citizen'?

I didn't say he did. I'd be a liar like you if I said that, especially over and over again.

I didn't say he did. I'd be a liar like you if I said that, especially over and over again.

In the video he states to be a citizen of Israel, a sovereign nation in the Middle East. That is a fact. He continues to state that he is a foreigner. Under US Law you have to have a Visa to be in the nation if you are not a citizen. If asked by police you have to present said documentation to prove that you are not in the nation illegally.

The same is true for most western nations.

~thanato

[media=]

[/media]

This fine individual should dress up like a Palestinian and travel between, or within, the 'Palestinian' cities and towns. A world of fascist fun literally lies behind evey corner.

Hes going to be missing some teeth, or forcibly acquainted with the interior of an Israeli IDF van, within an hour or so. Although somehow I strongly doubt this individual would know what Palestine is.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/checkpoints.html

In the video he states to be a citizen of Israel, a sovereign nation in the Middle East. That is a fact. He continues to state that he is a foreigner. Under US Law you have to have a Visa to be in the nation if you are not a citizen. If asked by police you have to present said documentation to prove that you are not in the nation illegally.

The same is true for most western nations.

~thanato

He explains the rationale for his statement with a scripture in the Bible.

Do you have any respect for anything in the Bill of Rights, at all? What Amendment do you respect? Explain to me what an example looks like of exercising your rights. If you're an American and I hope the hell you're not, you're the reason why nothing ever changes in this politically constipated decadent country.

• Like 1

This fine individual should dress up like a Palestinian and travel between, or within, the 'Palestinian' cities and towns. A world of fascist fun literally lies behind evey corner.

Hes going to be missing some teeth, or forcibly acquainted with the interior of an Israeli IDF van, within an hour or so. Although somehow I strongly doubt this individual would know what Palestine is.

http://www.ifamerica...heckpoints.html

Warp 7, number one. Engage.

I've already presented it and referred to it. Your laziness or whatever your problem is to not do your own research is not my obligation.

We have Constitutional rights in this country. If you want to live your life never exercising your rights in your country, if you even have any, then you go do whatever you think is best for you. But don't tread on me pal.

So if I show up at the border and they ask to see my passport, I can claim to be a citizen of another country and they have to leave me alone? That's what you want?

He explains the rationale for his statement with a scripture in the Bible.

Do you have any respect for anything in the Bill of Rights, at all? What Amendment do you respect? Explain to me what an example looks like of exercising your rights. If you're an American and I hope the hell you're not, you're the reason why nothing ever changes in this politically constipated decadent country.

I am a Canadian who has traveled to the US Many Times. As a foreigner in the US I understand what my rights are and what I have to do in the case of talking to Law Enforcement. I know I have to have a copy of my passport (and in particular the visa stamp, on me at all times incase I am questioned by a LEO.

So yea, I understand better then you do at what is required by a foreigner in the United States. If asked if I am a US Citizen I have to say no and provide my documentation to show that I am in the nation legally or risk detention.

~Thanato

• Like 1

So if I show up at the border and they ask to see my passport, I can claim to be a citizen of another country and they have to leave me alone? That's what you want?

At the border? Hell no.

I am a Canadian who has traveled to the US Many Times. As a foreigner in the US I understand what my rights are and what I have to do in the case of talking to Law Enforcement. I know I have to have a copy of my passport (and in particular the visa stamp, on me at all times incase I am questioned by a LEO.

So yea, I understand better then you do at what is required by a foreigner in the United States. If asked if I am a US Citizen I have to say no and provide my documentation to show that I am in the nation legally or risk detention.

~Thanato

Do you have any respect for anything in the Bill of Rights, at all? What Amendment do you respect? Explain to me what an example looks like of exercising your rights.

The reason that you wouldn't have to show your papers to state that you are in the country legally is because the cop had no reason to be suspicious of you in the first place. Another honest review of the OP video makes it clear when Anderson asks them what they're suspicious of and they stand there with their tongues hanging out like "uhhh duhhh". That was the first epic fail of the border agents that made their limp charges get thrown out of court. If they can't specify why you're under suspicion, you're not under any obligation to show them anything.

If a cop pulls you over, don't bend over and submit like a slave and let him dictate the flow of conversation with you. He'll walk all over you with more self-incriminating questions than you can handle. So you take over and ask the questions. If he does ask you questions, answer his questions with questions. What are you suspicious of? What crime do you think I committed? Why did you pull me over? And so on. And if the cop gives a valid reason for suspecting you, give him your drivers license. But STILL don't throw away your right to remain silent! EVER.

Lets quit all this "he has the right to remain silent" bs because he did NOT remain silent. When asked if he was a US citizen, he didn't acknowledge it. Instead, he said he was a citizen of a foreign nation. That's quite different than remaining silent.

• Like 1

I respect the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I respect that I have the right to remain silent in my nation if questioned by Law Enforcement. However I know my rights change when I leave my nation.

Warp 7, number one. Engage.

Thats hilarious.

At the border? Hell no.

Why not there? Don't I have rights, like you're arguing about? I can remain silent and should not be treated as if I'm suspected of not being legally allowed to enter, no?

Lets quit all this "he has the right to remain silent" bs because he did NOT remain silent. When asked if he was a US citizen, he didn't acknowledge it. Instead, he said he was a citizen of a foreign nation. That's quite different than remaining silent.

Yeah it's called the First Amendment. Different right. Stop acting like he can't exercise it. He can.

Why not there? Don't I have rights, like you're arguing about? I can remain silent and should not be treated as if I'm suspected of not being legally allowed to enter, no?

If you're outside the US coming in? That's the reason for suspicion, duh. That makes all the difference when compared to the OP video. They were slack jawed stupid as to why they were suspicious of him. Why doesn't that matter to you? Why can you not understand rights or laws correctly?

• Like 2

Yeah it's called the First Amendment. Different right. Stop acting like he can't exercise it. He can.

He can exercise it all he wants but he didnt. As stellar stated he said he was a foreigner which leads to more questions. The LEO's where well within their duty to detain him and hold him until they sort it out and there is nothing he could of done about it.

• Like 1

He can exercise it all he wants but he didnt. As stellar stated he said he was a foreigner which leads to more questions. The LEO's where well within their duty to detain him and hold him until they sort it out and there is nothing he could of done about it.

I think speaking freely counts as free speech actually but yeah, they could detain him and waste everyone's time. Which is their fault, he wanted to be free on his way.

• Like 2

I think speaking freely counts as free speech actually but yeah, they could detain him and waste everyone's time. Which is their fault, he wanted to be free on his way.

I have a question. Do you support illegal immigration in the United States?

• Like 1

"I am a citizen of Israel"? One would have to be a dedicated basher of the Good book to realise that he was talking about being one of God's Children rather than, say, a citizen of Israel.

• Like 2