Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizen of Israel vs Nazi Checkpoint

Yamato

It doesn't matter. Driving isn't a cause for reasonable suspicion that a cop needs to pull you over and stop you.

And you're just parroting the nonsense again that somehow people don't have the right to remain silent. You can't get arrested for remaining silent or not answering questions. If you do, you've got a huge civil suit ready in the wings.

That is a state by state call. The law in my state is that you must provide id when it is requested by law enforcement. Technically I doubt one would be arrested if you didn't -if it was just some idiot being an idiot and trying to hassle you. But if you were truly a suspect then it could be done. Beyond providing id you have no compulsion to say another word though :)
  • Like 1

but thanks for this compliment.

" Full of complaints, name-calling, extracurricular rhetoric that misses the point, and not a shred of respect for the US Constitution."

If I had room I'd put in in my profile thimgumijig.

i think it pretty much proves just what I was saying about the reaction if one dares to question someone's holy text. It immediately becomes personal.

With all due respect, it does affect my life personally, and not yours. So you have me at a real disadvantage if you also don't let me play it true.

You use the "holy text" line, but I've never used those words or those meanings in what I really think and believe.

Please tell me what is the problem with other people defending their rights? Is it just the Christian-stuff again? If so, then you have nothing new to add to this discussion, but quite unfortunately I did.

There's a million ways to refuse an immigration checkpoint, Col Rhu. Christian jedi mind tricks are only one of em. If you can't think of any good reasons to refuse a checkpoint, I don't know what else to say to you. :(

But if you can think of a better script for refusing an immigration checkpoint, let's hear it! I would love that.

That is a state by state call. The law in my state is that you must provide id when it is requested by law enforcement. Technically I doubt one would be arrested if you didn't -if it was just some idiot being an idiot and trying to hassle you. But if you were truly a suspect then it could be done. Beyond providing id you have no compulsion to say another word though :)

Can you send me a link to that law please? I'd like to read it, thanks.

• Like 2

But Yamato not once did they ask to see his 'papers' they asked if he was American. They were going to take his word but he decided to be a dick and lie. He said he was from Israel, which despite the fact he is a religious man they have to take as 'he is israeli.' They let him go without charge or detention. They just decided he wasn't worth the trouble even though they were well with in their authority to detain him.

He was just being a dick for the fun of it plain and simple.

And almost everywhere cops are being d**** for the opposite reason. And getting away with it. Laws must have limits, and the limits must be tested to know where they are.

• Like 2

There's a million ways to refuse an immigration checkpoint, Col Rhu. Christian jedi mind tricks are only one of em. If you can't think of any good reasons to refuse a checkpoint, I don't know what else to say to you. :(

Yeah, Jedi Mind tricks work, but this works much better.... :yes:

Link:

:)

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

With all due respect, it does affect my life personally, and not yours. So you have me at a real disadvantage if you also don't let me play it true.

You use the "holy text" line, but I've never used those words or those meanings in what I really think and believe.

Please tell me what is the problem with other people defending their rights? Is it just the Christian-stuff again? If so, then you have nothing new to add to this discussion, but quite unfortunately I did.

But if you can think of a better script for refusing an immigration checkpoint, let's hear it! I would love that.

Can you send me a link to that law please? I'd like to read it, thanks.

http://law.justia.com/codes/alabama/2006/14214/15-5-30.html

No arrest must be made to validate the requirement so "reasonable suspicion" is pretty much whatever they say it is.

http://law.justia.co...14/15-5-30.html

No arrest must be made to validate the requirement so "reasonable suspicion" is pretty much whatever they say it is.

whom he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed or is about to commit a felony or other public offense

What the bloody hell kind of felony or public offense is driving your car down the road?

The crickets are deafening.

And that's because simply "being" in time and space is not a legitimate reason for suspicion of being a criminal. As if this even needs to be said.

And yet, it does, here on this forum at least. Just looking at the ratings for the videos presented here for discussion and reading the comments underneath, Youtube subscribers are far more cognizant of their rights and the rule of law than the mindless victims on this site all ready to bend over in front of the Man for whatever the stupid reason or no reason at all. All the partisan chatter on this board is proof enough of that. People who know their rights and actually defend them aren't the ones to care about the power of one party or the other; they're more evolved than that. They're smarter than that. I didn't expect foreigners to know US law half as well as I did, and I wasn't surprised, but the behavior on display here until the discussion evolved enough for the facts to get out was regrettable.

• Like 2

And that's because simply "being" in time and space is not a legitimate reason for suspicion of being a criminal. As if this even needs to be said.

And yet, it does, here on this forum at least. Just looking at the ratings for the videos presented here for discussion and reading the comments underneath, Youtube subscribers are far more cognizant of their rights and the rule of law than the mindless victims on this site all ready to bend over in front of the Man for whatever the stupid reason or no reason at all. All the partisan chatter on this board is proof enough of that. People who know their rights and actually defend them aren't the ones to care about the power of one party or the other; they're more evolved than that. They're smarter than that. I didn't expect foreigners to know US law half as well as I did, and I wasn't surprised, but the behavior on display here until the discussion evolved enough for the facts to get out was regrettable.

Holy cow, Youtube comments as a measure of democracy? Please, the totalitarian One World Government can't come quickly enough if that's the case.

I didn't expect foreigners to know US law half as well as I did, and I wasn't surprised, but the behavior on display here until the discussion evolved enough for the facts to get out was regrettable.

You mean people not agreeing with you?

That's because most people don't care about their rights until their taken away....Then it's too late....

Not to get off topic but....

Speaking of rights, yesterday there as a huge Open Carry Rally at the Alamo. I watched it live on ustream, and there were a lot of people there...Really awesome....

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/armed-gun-rights-activists-rally-alamo-181856390.html?.tsrc=attmp

Link: http://www.texastribune.org/2013/10/19/protesters-dawn-weapons-alamo-over-gun-restriction/

How cool is that? :)

• Like 2

Is it legal to carry on government owned property like the Alamo in Texas or is it privately owned and I'm just off?

Is it legal to carry on government owned property like the Alamo in Texas or is it privately owned and I'm just off?

The Alamo is owned by the state and operated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. You can't carry a concealed handgun unless you have a permit, if it's a black powder pistol that's a different story.... but you can openly carry a long rifle if it's not loaded. So what these people did was perfectly legal.

Ah, well, that's groovy, what were they hoping to achieve with the rally?

Or was it more of just a meet-up type thing

Ah, well, that's groovy, what were they hoping to achieve with the rally?

Or was it more of just a meet-up type thing

For people to be able to carry their handguns, as long as they are holstered, like they can their long guns.

• Like 1

That's because most people don't care about their rights until their taken away....Then it's too late....

Not to get off topic but....

Speaking of rights, yesterday there as a huge Open Carry Rally at the Alamo. I watched it live on ustream, and there were a lot of people there...Really awesome....

Link: http://news.yahoo.co...tml?.tsrc=attmp

Link: http://www.texastrib...un-restriction/

How cool is that? :)

That is just gorgeous. I am so proud of those people.

The armed march on DC planned for July 4 made a little bit of sense to me after I realized there were other armed marches planned just like it that actually happened on July 4th, and here's the kicker, nobody was killed! And now, like the stand made at the Alamo. These aren't the guns they're looking for, are they? ;)

Kudos to the Texas General Land Office for approving it also. The difference between this, and an armed march down Pennsylvania Ave and up past Freedom Plaza is that Texas respects our rights and provided an outlet through which it can prove it.

• Like 1

Holy cow, Youtube comments as a measure of democracy? Please, the totalitarian One World Government can't come quickly enough if that's the case.

Youtube ratings as a measure of popularity. Defending our rights is popular. Sorry?

You mean people not agreeing with you?

Not agreeing with me about what my rights are was a consequence of they're/your not knowing, yes.

Youtube ratings as a measure of popularity. Defending our rights is popular. Sorry?

They're rarely a measure of the level of knowledge of the people making them, though, in fact usually, the relationship is directly inverse; the more vocal a poster on YoyTube is, the less they usually tend to know about it. Are a good proportion of the comments still talking about Satanic plots to take over the world?
  • Like 1

Some sort of filter is needed when using the internet. I think it is the same sort of filter needed when reading the tabloid press. Skeptical intelligence is widely and obviously lacking in most people, which is I guess why they end up in all sorts of movements and religions and whatnots.

I'm put n mind of a secretary I once had who would say, "To get on in the world one need be only moderately competent, considering the competition."

They're rarely a measure of the level of knowledge of the people making them, though, in fact usually, the relationship is directly inverse; the more vocal a poster on YoyTube is, the less they usually tend to know about it. Are a good proportion of the comments still talking about Satanic plots to take over the world?

Yeah whatever that means. As if people on the internet aren't as smart as people not on the internet. Whatever dude you're just struggling here for no other reason than to be disagreeable. Not worth it.

Yeah whatever that means. As if people on the internet aren't as smart as people not on the internet. Whatever dude you're just struggling here for no other reason than to be disagreeable. Not worth it.

Whatever it means is that the comments section on some Yotuube viedos, and also in the less well regulated newspaper websites, are pretty good indicators of just how dumb people can be, particularly if they needn't be held accountable for what they say and can remain happily anonymous (the same applies, of course, to voting). People on the inter net may well be no more dumb than the average person,but that really isn't any kind of indicator that they know anything at all about what they're talking about or that their opinions ought to be taken notice of.

Whatever it means is that the comments section on some Yotuube viedos, and also in the less well regulated newspaper websites, are pretty good indicators of just how dumb people can be, particularly if they needn't be held accountable for what they say and can remain happily anonymous (the same applies, of course, to voting). People on the inter net may well be no more dumb than the average person,but that really isn't any kind of indicator that they know anything at all about what they're talking about or that their opinions ought to be taken notice of.

I find it ironic, in this very thread the sentiment of popularity was used to try and disclaim Yamato....several times.

Yet, I'm now being told that popular opinion on youtube and less regulated (censored I'm guessing?) newspaper websites, are indicators of being dumb. I'm confused.

• Like 2

Also wanted to point out, Godwin's Law isn't anything.

My interpretation is that the guy just didn't like hearing parallels to Nazi Germany, so he made up his own law to stop hearing about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law

• Like 2