Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four homeless men ....

keithisco

I bet these men are so glad to be living in the "Land of the Free" !

"Four homeless men have been found in squalor in a house in Houston, Texas, where they were held for up to 10 years, police said.

The men, three locked in a garage and a fourth in the home, were malnourished and "almost invalids", said police.

They told officers they had been lured to the house with promises of beer and cigarettes, then were forced to hand over monthly benefits cheques."

Read more courtesy BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23386655

Something similar happened in my state not too long ago.

The people they were taking advantage of, in our case, were mentally handicap. This shady company was basically using them as slave labor.

I honestly don't know how people that take advantage of anyone can live with themselves.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 1

i have already posted this , i believe, in the "true crime" section

Well then technically they weren't homeless.

Obviously they had been homeless until they were lured into the situation? I suppose the writer of the article could have said .. formerly homeless? But is a sweat box garage prison a home? I'd say they were still "home" less. .. Technically of course. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Obviously they had been homeless until they were lured into the situation? I suppose the writer of the article could have said .. formerly homeless? But is a sweat box garage prison a home? I'd say they were still "home" less. .. Technically of course. :rolleyes:

I guess you could argue they were sheltered.

I guess you could argue they were sheltered.

But that's not home. A cardbord box is shelter as well, but no home.

• Like 1

A cardboard box could be a home i guess.. if it's YOUR cardboard box and you've made it homey lol. They were prisoners though, hard to think of a prison as home?

Shelter? sure. I lived in a 62 chevy for months once upon a time.. it wasn't much, but it was home. LOL

Heartless people holding the old boys though ... I bet stuff like that is more common than we realize. Makes me wonder how many grammas and grampas are barely kept alive to keep the checks rolling in.

Edited by lightly