Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman's body found in suitcase

CuriousLittleOne

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23406477

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-07-22/womans-body-in-suitcase-in-london/

Woman found dead in suitcase at Mill Hill sports ground

A woman has been found dead in a suitcase in north-west London.

The body was found after police searched a sports ground in Thornfield Avenue, Mill Hill, at about 17:00 BST on Sunday.

The death is being treated as murder, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said.

A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course, the spokesman added. The woman has not been identified.

She has been described as a young adult.

geeeeez

i thought this kind of twisted **** only happened in the USA , not here, you never hear about this kind of thing in england.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Like 1

i thought this kind of twisted **** only happened in the USA , not here, you never hear about this kind of thing in england.

Never? I've read of a lot of gruesome murders in England...including women and children victims.

• Like 4

Never? I've read of a lot of gruesome murders in England...including women and children victims.

i should have added , in most recent years

i should have added , in most recent years

Try googling "gruesome murders in England" and it will give you quite a few recent ones in the first four or five pages.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Being a Yank, I'm like "Whaaa ~~~ You guys dona gota nuf suitcases in England ~~~? :unsure2: ~~~?

Just kidding, Curious, I just couldn't stifle that comment ! Really, though you guys also have had you share of the strange ones too.

Do you know the area this was found in? (I know just cuz I'm in the US, I think GB is so small, you guys have to know everyone else.) Now I'm laughing again because sadly, my mind goes to, you must know the area makes it unusual because that isn't all that strange which goes right back to your initial statement. HA!

Keep us informed.

• Like 1

Being a Yank, I'm like "Whaaa ~~~ You guys dona gota nuf suitcases in England ~~~? :unsure2: ~~~?

Just kidding, Curious, I just couldn't stifle that comment ! Really, though you guys also have had you share of the strange ones too.

Do you know the area this was found in? (I know just cuz I'm in the US, I think GB is so small, you guys have to know everyone else.) Now I'm laughing again because sadly, my mind goes to, you must know the area makes it unusual because that isn't all that strange which goes right back to your initial statement. HA!

Keep us informed.

this was i believe in East London

So you have to help us here that are no even on the same continent....East London good district , bad district.....

Whatcha thinkin? That's where they always put them. That's where they never should be....Accepting here you guys do have enough suitcases.....LOL

• Like 1

The fact that she hasn't been identified puts a limit on any theories, and the fact that the area hasn't been specifically given in the article bugs me too. I hope she is identified and her family members are made aware of what had happened.

So you have to help us here that are no even on the same continent....East London good district , bad district.....

Whatcha thinkin? That's where they always put them. That's where they never should be....Accepting here you guys do have enough suitcases.....LOL

East london is a broad and vague area, it would help a lot more if the specific area in East London was given.

• Like 1

The fact that she hasn't been identified puts a limit on any theories, and the fact that the area hasn't been specifically given in the article bugs me too. I hope she is identified and her family members are made aware of what had happened.

East london is a broad and vague area, it would help a lot more if the specific area in East London was given.

Thanks, Blogger! You guys have any other information?

seems to me we have way to many suitcases to know what to put in them!

http://www.standard....rk-8726417.html

murderstreet.jpg

the photo shows the area, looks like a pretty normal , suburban london street to me.

The area around the popular park and sports field was cordoned off today as forensic officers searched for clues.

The woman is believed to be in her 20s and her identity is thought to be known to police.

Police said there had been no arrests.

The find was made yesterday at around 5pm, but it is not known how long it had been there.

The park is used by dog walkers and family. There is a cricket pitch and a brook running thought it.

Local resident Richard Heraty, 44, said he had reported seeing something that could have been a body under a blue cover. The diving instructor said: “There was like a blue thing on the edge of the cricket field in the bushes. It was a tarpaulin with clothes or something I saw it on Saturday.

Edited by CuriousLittleOne

she has a name!

Alexandra-Kovacs_36.jpg

Victim: Alexandra Kovacs (left)

This is the woman whose body was found dumped in a suitcase on a north London sports ground.

The family of 25-year-old production assistant Alexandra Kovacs, 25, today paid emotional tributes to a “happy person who was always laughing”.

The body of Ms Kovacs, originally from Zalaegerszeg in Hungary, was found in a suitcase near a sports ground in Thornfield Avenue, Hendon, at around 5pm on Sunday.

and from :http://www.murdermap.co.uk/pages/cases/case.asp?CID=450313030&VID=965&Case=Body-in-a-suitcase:-Alexandra-Kovacs

On 23 July police arrested a 29 year-old man on suspicion of murder. The next day detectives charged Laszlo Gyarmati, a Hungarian national, aged 29 [07/03/84] of Station Road, Finchley, north London, with murder.

Edited by CuriousLittleOne

Heartbreaking!

I notice that she was of Hungarian descent and so is the suspect. I wonder if she knew him somehow. If he did know her and then she ends up in a suitcase, sounds like a real monster that was lurking. The others said they first saw what might be a body under a blue tarp. Does that mean he went back to the scene to better dispose of the body?

Man that's god awful! Deeply disturbing, too.

Wow... those are some of the vaguest articles I've ever read. At least we know someone has been arrested. Just someone. ..

things like this happen everywhere, not only the USA. Take a look at the drug cartels In Mexico, they've been beheading people. Crime is all around the world and I'm sure a lot of murders aren't even known