Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How come.....

Jennifer_P

God won't answer some prayers? There is times in my life where i ask God to help, he does. But latley he hasn't been helping at all and life has just got me down.

Is there any reason why God has stopped helping me?

I think i've done something to tick him off.

I really don't know where to post this or even if this part of the forum is for this but i have no one else to turn to in guidance to help.

God won't answer some prayers? There is times in my life where i ask God to help, he does. But latley he hasn't been helping at all and life has just got me down.

I really don't know where to post this or even if this part of the forum is for this but i have no one else to turn to in guidance to help.

Hi Jennifer ,

I understand your frustration, it is a common occurence for us to feel that God is not answering or helping us when we really feel that we need him, but I wonder if that is not merely a reflection of our impatience and also of our total immersion in the problem itself, so that it seems to be a never ending affair that has no resolution.

So here is some advice for you, if you are willing to take it.... step back, remove yourself from the problem, not physically, but emotionally, let it become as important as any other problems in your life, not more, not less. By gaining perspective and objectivity over the problem you have already half solved it yourself.

942433_539605819439568_1216649741_n.jpg

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 1

i'm assuming a closer connection than i already have, but i'm working on that.

While I am not a big devotee of an interventionalist deity, perhaps the reason your prayers aren't being answered is because you need to solve your problems on your own. There is an old saying: God helps those who help themselves.

Good luck with the things that are bringing you down.

Thanks guys this helps some. And thank you Jor-el that little picture help. I really enjoyed that.

i'm assuming a closer connection than i already have, but i'm working on that.

What God do you believe in?

Edited by Bluefinger

What God to you believe in?

Christan God? I'm not sure what you mean.

Well, there's Jade Emperor in Taoist mythos. :whistle:

EDIT: Or, probably you shouldn't have gotten into the situations that would require God's help. I learned that hard way.

Edited by Ron Jeremy

I'm not a taoist.

I'm not a taoist.

Bluefinger simply wants to know if you are a christian... and a further clarification of the phrase "i'm assuming a closer connection than i already have, but i'm working on that.".

Edited by Jor-el

Okay, I asked because each religion has its own revelation of God and what He wants.

• Like 1

Perhaps because the Christian god seems to have a habit of answering prayers when simple and convenient but abandoning his most loyal followers when they need him most. Personally, I'd suggest finding another god; maybe one who doesn't promise things they can't deliver. Somehow I don't think that's the answer you're looking for though.

• Like 1

Perhaps because the Christian god seems to have a habit of answering prayers when simple and convenient but abandoning his most loyal followers when they need him most. Personally, I'd suggest finding another god; maybe one who doesn't promise things they can't deliver. Somehow I don't think that's the answer you're looking for though.

I think I actually saw a very specific pattern in God's behavior.

Maybe your God is busy helping little starving kids in Africa.

God won't answer some prayers?

Which ones has he answered?

I don't even know where to start on this. Well one God is not a man sitting in the sky getting ticked off at people.

The simplest answer I can give you is to Mediatate and meditate for knowledge and truth. Tell the Universe you need

guidance on your path.

Pray to a new God, or do it yourself.

• Like 1

I agree with JMPD1. While I'm agnostic, I believe that perhaps God want's to try and see if you can solve your problems by yourself. But if you can't, they'll answer your prayers.

I suppose you are too?

Maybe you're not "believing" hard enough. ;)

(That was sarcasm, by the way.)

Please don't waste your time praying, solve your own problems using the real world, your own brain and asking real people for insight and help.

I mean this in the best way possible.

Your unanswered prayers may indicate that you may have plateaued. Perhaps try kicking it up a notch with your relationship with God? What does Father want from you? Or, is there an area of your life that you are withholding from Him?

Edited by Bluefinger

Maybe God is working in your life and giving you what you need, only it's not what you're praying for. Sometimes what we want and what we need are not the same and only God knows the difference. There's value in going through hard times, that's when we learn self-reliance, hard work, self-reflection, patience, humility, and a whole lot of other things. I'm not Christian, but maybe God has other reasons for being besides giving us what we ask for or want. Think of this way, would I be a good parent if I gave my kids everything they asked for and wanted? Maybe it's the same with God.

No but it gave me insite.

See i grew up Baptist, then when i was 10 was changed over to Methodist. But i see myself as Catholic.

And i didn't used to have faith, i lost faith when my Uncle John died. But now i've regained faith but not as close as i used to be. If that makes sense.

LMAO.