Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A shadow outside

Leighanne123

When i was 5 years old me and my family were watching a movie and i have seen a shadow with a dark cloack, it had something orange on it, i think it had orange eyes but i can't really remember, (it was 8pm so it was already dark outside) it was standing on my terace right in front of my window,i was watching it and i way scared i yelled "look theres something outside" my mum dad and brother looked outside and they saw nothing, that means all 4 of us were looking at one point on the terace and only i could see something, i blinked, turned my head and it still was there...it left after 40 seconds, i still dont know what it was.....if you maybe know, can you help me?

• Like 2

Nice story, sorry but I believe you made this up, there are "gaps" that need to be filled

• Like 1

If you were scared, 5 years old and it was dark outside I would say it was probably a case of over active imagination.

How old are you now by the way?

• Like 2

If you were scared, 5 years old and it was dark outside I would say it was probably a case of over active imagination.

How old are you now by the way?

Agreed.

• Like 1

Sounds like it may well have been a crow that's eaten too many carrots and watched too much batman.

When i was 5 years old me and my family were watching a movie and i have seen a shadow with a dark cloack, it had something orange on it, i think it had orange eyes but i can't really remember, (it was 8pm so it was already dark outside) it was standing on my terace right in front of my window,i was watching it and i way scared i yelled "look theres something outside" my mum dad and brother looked outside and they saw nothing, that means all 4 of us were looking at one point on the terace and only i could see something, i blinked, turned my head and it still was there...it left after 40 seconds, i still dont know what it was.....if you maybe know, can you help me?

Ok, Just Humor me.

How old are you now?

well if only YOU could see it.

I means it was the boogey man!!!

watch out

Well the boogey man only eats tiny children...

so if you are grown you are safe now...

but my bet is he wanted to eat you

• Like 1

um I don't think you were making this up.

Before concluding it as a ghost of some kind, maybe a trick of light seeing a shadow figure only the angle you were seeing it?

A five year old has difficulty understanding what something is, and a lot of ghosts and weird events centre in a person's childhood, not being able, or knowledged enough to rationalise it.

Do you still live in the same house?

• Like 2

If you were only five at the time then I suppose it could just be your imagination or some mistaken perception on your part, but if it actually were something genuinely paranormal, but no-one else there could see it, then that would suggest to me something remote that you were picking up telepathically. The trouble is of course, we have no way of really knowing at the moment whether such things are even possible, so it's a bit hard to provide you with any real meaningful answers.

• Like 1

The main issue I see is that human memory of events long past is that it's notoriously unreliable, especially at that kind of age, 5 years old, not long after most people have their very earliest fragments of memories. It could easily be a dream being recalled as a real event or different events being merged into one in your memory (this has happened to me) or a story being confused as a real event. It happens. As such, it's hard for anyone to really offer a useful opinion on such an old unverifiable occurrence.

Can you ask your other family members (if they're still alive or you're in contact with them) who were there to independently describe the event without any prompting from you? It may turn out they can verify that you claimed to have seen something strange or that they don't know what you're talking about.

I also question the suspiciously specific timeframe of 40 seconds. I highly doubt that unless you were timing the event you could accurately determine that it was 40 seconds or thereabouts.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surpized that this is another classic hit and run poster.

• Like 2

classic what do you mean?

People accuse me of that all the time...

but I am still here partying

classic what do you mean?

People accuse me of that all the time...

but I am still here partying

Hit and Run is a person who joined a forum, starts a thread, post 1 to 5 times then vanishes. it happens a lot during the american holidays/vacations.

Edited by Brian Topp

Leighanne123, I think that it is very possible that someone actually stood there outside of your house. Maybe some pranksters who like to scare people even if it means trespassing a property. Perhaps your family members didn't look in the right direction and you alone happened to saw this. Otherwise, what kind of movie were you watching? Were you scared or sleepy? It is not as uncommon as we might think that people imagine or hallucinate things under various conditions. That should be taken into consideration. I can't say for sure what you saw and I wasn't there. It will remain a mysterie but you have to consider a logical explanation and see if you find a satisfaction in it.

Nice story, sorry but I believe you made this up, there are "gaps" that need to be filled

It seems to me quick to dismiss one's claim. According to Leighanne123 He/She have seen a shadow with orange on it outside while watching a movie inside with his/her family. There is nothing obvious that points to a lie or a made-up story here. Of course, we can never know if a claim is legetimate as it is the Internet and we're all in front of our computers relying on informations given by the members. I prefer to let the benefit of the doubt to one's claim as it is more respectful and give my opinion according to my views. Alas for me if I've lost my time.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1