Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peculiar Sighting in the Mountains

fairweatherrider

Well, yesterday my in-laws came over for a short visit and they ended up telling my wife and I about something very odd they saw in the mountain forest near Powell, Wyoming, where they had taken a short trip. They scarcely knew how to describe it, but the picture that he sent today is here for all to see. He is a "photo nut", taking nature pictures by the hundreds when he is not working. He uses very high end cameras, helping to explain the clear image he sent us. I would not know where to begin in ascribing a name to this phenomenon. For the record, he said that after a short time, it was gone. Any ideas?

Well it looks like a little human head on a body of a black swan. But the thing is, it could be something that was floating around at the time the picture was taking and with the sun hitting it, brought out the reflective appearance. It's odd, to me, yes, but I think it could also be a photographic explanation.

Thanks for coming back and posting the uncropped image.

My personal opinion, it's just a lens flare or some such light anomaly. If you notice in the original photograph, there is another lens flare to the upper left of the primary one. Could also be a spider web that was closer to the lens. I was also thinking that it could be one of those web-like caterpillar nests.

Yeah, I noticed that in the bigger pic.

Looks to me like a spiderweb covered in water droplets.