Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Regression therapy reveals future life.

Professor T

I found this artical/story which is very interesting & entertaining.

An unnamed therapist in one session was using hypnotic regression to go back into the childhood of a patient in an attempt to relive a childhood trauma in order to cure excessive over-eating accidentally regressed the patient into a future life.. The resulting transcripts paints a startling future for all of us..

http://www.viewzone.com/witness.html

This transcript is from one session that elicited memories of a life in the future-- a future where humanity has left the polluted planet Earth to live in orbiting space colonies.

We will reveal this amazing transcript in two parts. We ask that you keep an open mind and remember that the dialog is unrehearsed and unanticipated. The patient, here identified only as "ep," describes his life and environment in vivid detail. It is this detail that lends credence to his chilling view of what lies ahead for humanity, both on and off the planet.

My thoughts... Cool read... When dealing with the future we either make it ourselves or let others make it for us.. There's multiples futures ahead, maybe this is just one of them?

• Like 2

Very Interesting,but not being a big believer in regression,one wonders how one can be regressed into a future life ?

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 2

Interesting. So they wasnt even living their life? thats crazy.

I found this artical/story which is very interesting & entertaining.

An unnamed therapist in one session was using hypnotic regression to go back into the childhood of a patient in an attempt to relive a childhood trauma in order to cure excessive over-eating accidentally regressed the patient into a future life.. The resulting transcripts paints a startling future for all of us..

Interesting, but shouldn't it be hypnotic-progression instead of hypnotic-regression since they jump to a future life? :whistle:

Time fluxes/paradoxes is always confusing.

• Like 2

Interesting. So they wasnt even living their life? thats crazy.

Where'd you get that from?

The transcript was of a future life, but whether you believe it or not, the transcript was intended to be of a person/people living real lives in the future.

Edited by Professor T

Interesting, but shouldn't it be hypnotic-progression instead of hypnotic-regression since they jump to a future life? :whistle:

Time fluxes/paradoxes is always confusing.

True that..

basically it was a reported hypnosis session that went wrong when a weight therapist told his patient to "imagine you are light." The patient then time traveled revealing a "future" life. I guess this is a case of regression going wrong, and where the patients subconscious misinterpreted meaning, or something like that.

Edited by Professor T

Where'd you get that from?

The transcript was of a future life, but whether you believe it or not, the transcript was intended to be of a a person/people living real lives in the future.

I never read the whole thing, so I must have missed something, wasnt the therpist tyring to go back to the patients chilhood, instead went into the future. I was reading a little bit that this person was born on L5 or whatever, so how could this be the patients life, if he wasnt born on the moon.

Like I said, I must have missed something big hahahaha excuse my stupidity

• Like 1

Claiming that the future is determined is a paradox.

• Like 2

How so?

I don't think the artical claimed it was determined..

I'm with you on this one.. It's not predetermined, I don't like the whole idea of predetermination even though I often see evidence pointing to it being true.. I prefer predetermination in terms of possibilities that solidify. As in streams of possibilities that exist dependent only on which path is taken.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

I never read the whole thing, so I must have missed something, wasnt the therpist tyring to go back to the patients chilhood, instead went into the future. I was reading a little bit that this person was born on L5 or whatever, so how could this be the patients life, if he wasnt born on the moon.

Like I said, I must have missed something big hahahaha excuse my stupidity

Yeah it was a mistake in regression.. Supposedly, I assume, a misinterpretation that caused hypnotic-progression instead of hypnotic-regression..

that is one the weirdest thing I have ever read!

This is very creative. It reminds me of John Titor. It might make for an interesting book or/and movie some day.

It sounds like an 'Alien' movie with out the alien monsters. In that they discribe earth as a sh** hole. I hope that what ep describes doesnt become our fait. seems a little depressing. But on the upside if you compare what the future race has to what we have now, guess it makes everything look really good. We can still take a walk on the beach and eat a cheese burger with out choking on nuclear waste.

Edited by rose quatz
  • Like 1

The Earth doesn't "rise" as seen from the moon.

Potential earthrises as seen from the Moon's surface

An earthrise that might be witnessed from the surface of the Moon would be quite unlike sunrises on Earth. Because the Moon is tidally locked with the Earth, one side of the Moon always faces toward Earth. Interpretation of this fact would lead one to believe that the Earth's position is fixed on the lunar sky and no earthrises can occur, however, the Moon librates slightly, which causes the Earth to draw a Lissajous figure on the sky. This figure fits inside a rectangle 15°48' wide and 13°20' high (in angular dimensions), while the angular diameter of the Earth as seen from Moon is only about 2°. This means that earthrises are visible near the edge of the Earth-observable surface of the Moon (about 20% of the surface). Since a full libration cycle takes about 27 days, earthrises are very slow, and it takes about 48 hours for Earth to clear its diameter.[11] During the course of the month-long lunar orbit, an observer would additionally witness a succession of "Earth phases", much like the lunar phases seen from Earth. That is what accounts for the half-illuminated globe seen in the photograph.

http://en.wikipedia....oon.27s_surface

• Like 1

And that right there proves the whole thing fake. Plus its plain to see that the questions are driving the answers which is why regression is bull and why no real therapist use it.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 1

Firstly, this made me laugh...

*'The hypnotist, who will remain anonymous, accidentally'*

*'The patient, here identified only as "ep," describes'*

'Excerpt from THIRD WITNESS: The Alan Arthur Winston Hypnotherapy Sessions with Edward Peterson'

ep:<< Edward Peterson

aaw:<< Alan Arthur Winston :w00t:

When i was about 15-16, I wrote a very similar piece of work for fun which involved a news reporter and a student who had been hypnotized. It panned out in a very similar way with the questions urging complex, revealing answers that should not be known in the time that the interview was set. The only difference here is that it was recorded, and the subject/s have a very good understanding of physics, engineering, mining processes etc.

Now, Is it just me or is this too much of a coincidence.

The person in the future life is named Albert or Al. The interviewer is named Alan (Al). During the questioning, Albert mentions his buddy Eddie. Very strange considering the subject of this test is also called Edward (Eddie).

It is also very convenient that [undecipherable] is mentioned at key points to cover certain revealing words.

All in all it was a brilliant read and i thoroughly enjoyed it, and credit to the OP for sharing this, but i'm afraid i personally cannot believe this is a true account of anything other than a publicity stunt to get sales on Amazon :yes:

• Like 1

In the scenario this is written, there would be an Earth-rise from their perspective. He mentions that they had to stay in the shadow of the moon because of radiation from the sun. If it's new moon, and you were in the shadow, you would be able to see the Earth. If it's a full moon, you'd be on the opposing side of the Earth.

• Like 1

In the scenario this is written, there would be an Earth-rise from their perspective. He mentions that they had to stay in the shadow of the moon because of radiation from the sun. If it's new moon, and you were in the shadow, you would be able to see the Earth. If it's a full moon, you'd be on the opposing side of the Earth.

From any point on the moon where you could see the Earth, it would appear in the same place in the sky - notwithstanding the phenomenon of libration that's already been mentioned. To see an 'earthrise' the observer would need to be in motion - as in the photos from Apollo 8 (?). The interviewee was clearly stationary in his account so would not see any perceptible change in the Earth's position relative to his horizon.

It is possible. But the observer would need to be in the right place at the right time to see what would be a pretty rare event. It's not a big deal, but the casual way it's mentioned in the account (amongst some quite technical details) is potentially revealing.

sun-rise, earth-rise, both are figures of speech based wholly on the fallacy that the appearance of rising denotes some kind of truth, which of course, if you want roll up your selves to defend lies doesn't make them defensible. The earth and sun doesn't rise on any world, but only appears to via the illusion caused by rotation & or perspective.. Dismissing a story on the weight of a single word that is a lie on any world and a figure of speech is UN-healthy skepticism imo.

This to me denotes that the person reading the story (first page I might add) was looking for something a to dismiss the story rather than the overall content.. Which of course is a blatant case of having an overriding agenda to dismiss the story rather than enjoying it... :lol: Oh the craziness of humanity! Maybe we deserve that bleak future.. :P

• Like 2

sun-rise, earth-rise, both are figures of speech based wholly on the fallacy that the appearance of rising denotes some kind of truth, which of course, if you want roll up your selves to defend lies doesn't make them defensible. The earth and sun doesn't rise on any world, but only appears to via the illusion caused by rotation & or perspective.. Dismissing a story on the weight of a single word that is a lie on any world and a figure of speech is UN-healthy skepticism imo.

This to me denotes that the person reading the story (first page I might add) was looking for something a to dismiss the story rather than the overall content.. Which of course is a blatant case of having an overriding agenda to dismiss the story rather than enjoying it... :lol: Oh the craziness of humanity! Maybe we deserve that bleak future.. :P

'Sunrise' is a common term used to describe the phenomenon of seeing the sun breach the horizon, and appear to rise. I think there's a mutual understanding of what it means and no one's thinking it means the sun (or earth) actually rises.

Just taking a healthy scepticism. Didn't dismiss the story and actually said it's no big deal. But the truthfulness of any account is oftenis often revealed by such inconsistencies.

No overriding agenda. I could equally claim your post has the agenda of wanting to believe the account. But I wouldn't do that. :innocent:

• Like 1

Am quite familiar with sunrises.. It happens every day here.. :lol:

(no sarcasm intended)

As for understanding... nope.. I for one think that most people actually do think it means it actually rises.. And I think some peoples world views take figures of speech such as sunrise, sunset and matters of fact even though they aren't.. These are figures of speech based on individual perspective alone, and unless asked, we are none the wiser about what it really means to most individuals..

As for skepticism, healthy or otherwise.... Hhmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Let's put is this way.. Thanks to skepticism, a story about the future of humanity has been derailed into a debate about a single word.... I for one don't think that is a very good thing at all. And in the case of this thread, like so many others, the underlying theme is forgotten..

No overriding agenda. I could equally claim your post has the agenda of wanting to believe the account. But I wouldn't do that. :innocent:

Awesome!!

Actually the intention for this thread was to share a interesting read, a story, something thought provoking.. I'm not wanting to believe it or not...

But what is utterly fascinating is how this thread has shown me how easy we as a people/species are lead astray or away from topics or themes that are otherwise fascinating by nit picking unhealthy attention seeking derailing forms of skepticism that paint themselves Green like BP.. Don't get me wrong, I think skeptical thinking is very important in some cases.. But FFS! A lot of people are infected with an unhealthy level of skeptical thinking that is IMO is the destroyer of our thoughts and consciousness, and may very well be dragging humanity into the kind of gutter described in the story..

• Like 1

Am quite familiar with sunrises.. It happens every day here.. :lol:

(no sarcasm intended)

As for understanding... nope.. I for one think that most people actually do think it means it actually rises.. And I think some peoples world views take figures of speech such as sunrise, sunset and matters of fact even though they aren't.. These are figures of speech based on individual perspective alone, and unless asked, we are none the wiser about what it really means to most individuals..

As for skepticism, healthy or otherwise.... Hhmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Let's put is this way.. Thanks to skepticism, a story about the future of humanity has been derailed into a debate about a single word.... I for one don't think that is a very good thing at all. And in the case of this thread, like so many others, the underlying theme is forgotten..

Awesome!!

Actually the intention for this thread was to share a interesting read, a story, something thought provoking.. I'm not wanting to believe it or not...

But what is utterly fascinating is how this thread has shown me how easy we as a people/species are lead astray or away from topics or themes that are otherwise fascinating by nit picking unhealthy attention seeking derailing forms of skepticism that paint themselves Green like BP.. Don't get me wrong, I think skeptical thinking is very important in some cases.. But FFS! A lot of people are infected with an unhealthy level of skeptical thinking that is IMO is the destroyer of our thoughts and consciousness, and may very well be dragging humanity into the kind of gutter described in the story..

Apologies if I derailed the thread.

When people post these types of stories, the intention is not always to introduce an interesting or thought provoking story. Sometimes they're using them as evidence for claims of supernatural abilities or phenomena.

I still consider it a valid point in relation to it's overall credibility. But I also acknowledge your reason for posting it, and will derail no longer.

I like this thread. It presents some interesting principals. Not the least of which is the principal of "perception".

If we see the future as "bleak" then we will create that reality in our physical life. It is better to be a little kinder to ourselves and project a happy future for us.

John

• Like 3