Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where to Find the World's Fastest Internet

questionmark

The U.S. is steadily climbing up the list of countries and regions with the fastest broadband connections, but the high-tech nation still doesn't crack the top 10.

Bloomberg.com got an early look at the quarterly Internet report that Akamai Technologies will publish later today. The rankings, which cover January through March, are based on average peak connection speeds.

Read more

• Like 2

Excellent thread, its hard to believe (for me) that it differs this much around the world! Thanks for sharing

Great to see Australia isn't even in the top 20.

Great to see Australia isn't even in the top 20.

I'm using the 30mbps Telstra cable and recently it has been frequently dropping out. Upgrading to the business cable which the police and ambulances apparently use. But overall we haven't got much to celebrate about over here. The NBN is also a disaster and is turning into a money pit. Horrible government management as usual.

By the time the NBN is finished there will probably be a cheaper and faster alternative available. One of my primary concerns about installing a single national Internet network is if they start implementing one of those Internet filters.

• 3 weeks later...

Singapore used to have the fastest internet

Chattanooga has the fastest internet in the US...200 times the average.

Really now? I'm kinda speechless. I would have thought we would have been number one. :/

Really now? I'm kinda speechless. I would have thought we would have been number one. :/

You are always the number one if you ignore those ahead of you.

• Like 1