Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is someone who can't fall in love Evil?

LostSouls7

i think that was the real purpose of this thread Seeker, a bit of promotion for his work.....

There is nothing wrong with promotion. I enjoy people's creativity I welcome the opportunity to see it. If he wants to sell it to me then its probably a no go, if he wants to share it get feed back etc, then I'm all for it. Placing your work before a forum is probably a good idea to test how people react to it. Or at least get a few people to read it so that can you enjoy sharing it.

Oh also to be clear the point of this thread was.

Is a person who can never fall in love evil?

Not just me.

also take note that asexual just means someone who is not attracted to anyone sexaually...

but they DO fall in love... and even form couples.. they just don't like sex.

I am not asexual. as I do have attraction to women..

lusting and sexual attraction is much different than falling in love....

My question was if a person can never fall in love..

do you consider that evil? and why ?

I don't consider that evil, even people that have no conscious whatsoever are rarely just all out evil, Evil is just one of many labels that people want to tack on everything that they don't consider to follow the norms of society. Very few people in my opinion know what evil truly is

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

There is nothing wrong with promotion. I enjoy people's creativity I welcome the opportunity to see it. If he wants to sell it to me then its probably a no go, if he wants to share it get feed back etc, then I'm all for it. Placing your work before a forum is probably a good idea to test how people react to it. Or at least get a few people to read it so that can you enjoy sharing it.

i know there isn't Seeker, but if said poetry was posted in its proper place, the 'artist & writers hangout' forum, it would be better received, and the OP wouldn't be open to criticism, except on the value of his work.....

i know there isn't Seeker, but if said poetry was posted in its proper place, the 'artist & writers hangout' forum, it would be better received, and the OP wouldn't be open to criticism, except on the value of his work.....

True...

• Like 1

The brain can have damage or medical issues that can cause one not to have certain emotions or emotions which are inappropriate, like laughing at a funeral. Some people might not be able to process the emotions of love or recognize them.

I take medication to help with keep my emotions in check because of damage to my emotional center. My Sister in-law has brain damage from a stroke and if you make her mad, she will become angry over above what you would expect. I am always very nice to my sister in-law. You upset her, she just might beat the crap out of you. So your emotions can be govern by brain chemistry and a person might not be able to love. That is not evil it is an illness.

Willer's interest in affect recognition was inspired by the PBS series "The Secret Life of the Brain." One of the episodes showed a man watching a horrific scene from a "slasher" movie that would make most viewers cringe. But this man simply was puzzled, recounts Willer, because he couldn't produce the fear emotion and therefore did not understand what was happening. "I was watching that and I thought, 'My gosh! I see that all the time in brain injury."

That television program on the brain set the wheels of Willer's research group in motion. No one had yet developed a program to treat affect recognition. Working with graduate students Barbra Zupan and Dawn Neumann, Willer took two interventions shown to be successful in helping autistic children recognize emotions, modified them to be appropriate for adults with brain injury and tested them in the pilot study.

http://machineslikeus.com/news/can-lost-emotions-due-brain-injury-be-recaptured

• Like 1

I just get amused at how easily i can make "normal" people angry with my writings!

I do it for my own amusement.

I don't write it to make people angry...

So, which is it?

At first you seemed to be saying, "Why can't people just leave me alone and not judge my beliefs?" about love or the lack of its existence, but you're not doing that for other people. I think you're just trying to get a rise out of people, otherwise you'd just go about living your life.

You may not need love, but you still need attention.

• Like 2

how does one fall in love??

when I know it's just chemicals.. in the brain... releasing feel good chemicals.?

I do this with certain herbs... and putting my mind in certain state of mind...

also since many people can give you that same feeling..

doesn't it take the magical.. and spiritual aspect of it away?

then it's just the mind tricking you....

Riddel me this. Why does it make a difference if it is from chemicals in your brain or not? It still feels like one of the best feelings to feel.

You have to experience it to understand.

It would be like trying to describe the color red to someone who has never seen the color red.

how does one fall in love??

when I know it's just chemicals.. in the brain... releasing feel good chemicals.?

I do this with certain herbs... and putting my mind in certain state of mind...

also since many people can give you that same feeling..

doesn't it take the magical.. and spiritual aspect of it away?

then it's just the mind tricking you....

Any drug that induces artificial feelings similar to love is a temporary 'fix' that will actually deplete your natural production of the feeling, making you rely on the drug to get that feeling any more. Welcome to addiction. Not an attractive process. This happens in short term, as well as long term spans. This is referring to extreme drugs, though. If you're talking about 'certain herbs', the high you get from that isn't the same as the powerful natural high you get from love. It's just not the same thing. One makes you feel nice and want to eat lots of chips. The other makes you ever thankful to be a human being. To equate the two is downright blasphemous. If you're talking about natural, less than narcotic herbs that make you feel relaxed, that's not even in the same ballpark as love.

No. There doesn't exist in the world a person who 'can never' fall in love. There are people who haven't. They're called lonely people. Some are quite pleasant.

This is a kind of silly question you have posed, I'm sorry. I suggest you stop acting as if you will never experience or feel X emotion or state of mind at whatever (likely young) age you are. Once X emotion or state of mind happens, then you can start to assess it and understand it. Until then, you are basing your opinions off of ignorance, as dirty as that word may sound.

Maybe sometime you'll understand and be able to actually see why people write those sappy love songs. It's a perception you can't tell someone, but they have to experience it firsthand. Once you deeply 'get' those lyrics inside. Until then, continue to think it's all hogwash. You're only basing your perception off of your blinded view.

• 1 month later...

No, not falling in love does not make a person evil in and of itself. Now if you rage against love in general then that is not a nice thing to do, but still not evil. Falling in love is a subjective experience that can only happen when you have someone special in your life, it's not something that happens by accident, or magically it's a product of having a good relationship with someone.

Oh also to be clear the point of this thread was.

Not just me.

My honest opinion is that you have already fallen in love with the idea of being "dark and/or evil". And this is what is holding you back from both appreciating the "crap about rainbows", and from developing a close relationship with someone else.

• Like 1

Hmm..

Love is one of the greatest things any human can experience..

If anything involving love makes you evil, it is the loss of love..

When a man learns how to love he risks the curse of hatred.

Be wary that the loss of love can lead you down a road of regret..

Trust me on this one..

Edited by Hatake Kakashi

I swear to god half the posts in this thread read like song lyrics.

Now scream them in your head to this, and enjoy:

[media=]

[/media]

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLOVE IS THE GREATEST THING ANYONE CAN EXPERIENCUAGHHH!!!

That aside, I have a small hunch that LostSoul wants to be evil. I'm not betting on it; just a hunch.

Edited by _Only

anybody ever notice how when your in love that every song about love you equate to yourself, and then when you break up every song you listen to has the opposite of love and you equate it to that. I dont know just a thought

Given that he calls himself lost soul, I'd say your hunch of him wishing to be evil is a solid bet.

Kids aint got no style or subtlty anymore

To be honest, I think you answered your own questions.

Some people are shocked by my dark poetry and anti love writings.

I enjoy their reactions to my dark poetry... i just let out an evil laugh

and smile with glee.. ! lol They're so easy to influence.

Personally, you sound like a jerk, and with how you are, I'm glad you are alone.

• Like 1

Given that he calls himself lost soul, I'd say your hunch of him wishing to be evil is a solid bet.

Kids aint got no style or subtlty anymore

Hey, to be fair, I also feel like a lost soul. But I want to do right and be good.

Personally, you sound like a jerk, and with how you are, I'm glad you are alone.

I forget where the quote originated, but it is (I feel) potently true: "Those who deserve love the least need it the most."

Isn't that called being a sociopath? Anyway, it's not entirely evil, you just don't want to fall in love yet. I too think its stupid for others to think they own you, and a deep hatred flutters in my throat when a boy says I'm his. I think romantic love can be nice but it's not needed. I was born alone, not with a guy, I don't need a guy, I only want him. You might be Sagittarius, we're notorious for being unemotional and view love as an emotion of weakness. I sometimes think it gets in the way of things. Don't worry about being thought evil, it's not a bad things to be a little detached romantically. Look at the bright side, at least you won't be easily swayed by women :) it could be that your too proud to be claimed by another, I know I am

To be honest, I think you answered your own questions.

Some people are shocked by my dark poetry and anti love writings.

I enjoy their reactions to my dark poetry... i just let out an evil laugh

and smile with glee.. ! lol They're so easy to influence.

does sound like a jerk, but perhaps he's just in a teenage phase, they are the most misunderstood age group

No, you're not evil. But it'd be funny if someone came along and changed your mind.

Sounds like a lot of overblown melodrama to me. Somebody wants attention and the best way to do it is to irritate people and start conflict.

Seems like they feel like an outcast, and do things to make people react adversely to them, making them able to point to the people reacting to them, as being at fault for them being disconnected.

Defense mechanism for awkward teenage years