Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian politician criticizes royal birth

Commander CMG

• Vladimir Zhirinovsky, 67, says he is not happy about the Cambridges' baby
  • Leader of Russia's Liberal Democrats said baby will 'suck Russia's blood'
  • Ultranationalist is known as something of a showman in Russian politics
  • King George V was first cousin of Tsar Nicholas II, blamed by many for the downfall of the Romanov dynasty in 1917

arrow3.gifView: Read more

From Russia with love.*Sigh* ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

He is not representative, he is ignored and laughed at by most Russians, who see him as an embarassment. This royal birth was heavily covered in Russian media as there is a lot of fascination for this, and a certain liking for English things. A pity that media like Daily Mail do not reflect this Russian interest in English monarchy and in England itself.

• Like 1

QUOTE-

Leader of Russia's Liberal

Democrats said baby will 'suck

Russia's blood'

if that's a statement from the leader of the "liberal democrats", i'd hate to meet the leader of the far right.....

Ultranationalist is known as

something of a showman

so was 'la petomane'

(is it even possible to be an "ultranationalist liberal democrat?? surely that's an oxymoron....?)

• Like 3

same old same old from ignorance and phobia...

He is not representative, he is ignored and laughed at by most Russians, who see him as an embarassment.

he's that non-representitive, laughed at and ignored, that he's the leader of a political party.

This royal birth was heavily covered in Russian media as there is a lot of fascination for this, and a certain liking for English things. A pity that media like Daily Mail do not reflect this Russian interest in English monarchy and in England itself.

i guess you missed the part where "media like the daily mail" reported that 'vladimir putin and the kremlin sent a telegram congratulating the windsors on the birth of their child'?

or just chose to ignore it.

i guess you missed the part where "media like the daily mail" reported that 'vladimir putin and the kremlin sent a telegram congratulating the windsors on the birth of their child'?

or just chose to ignore it.

What! write clearly....

same old same old from ignorance and phobia...

again, i guess you choose to ignore the fact this began with the leader of a russian political party condemning the birth of a child?

hardly the height of rationality.

• Like 2

again, i guess you choose to ignore the fact this began with the leader of a russian political party condemning the birth of a child?

hardly the height of rationality.

Oh I understand, I understand your purpose and that of your fans.....

What! write clearly....

i understand that english isn't your first language TP, but if you took your blinkers off, you'd see that it was written very clearly.

i'll explain it shall i?

you said 'it is a shame that media like the daily mail (thinly diguised comment implying a media bias) don't report russian interest in english monarchy' (conformation of accusation)

when they quite clearly did.

they stated, and i repeat-

'vladimir putin and the kremlin sent the windsors a telegram congratulating them on the birth of their child.'

*edit- spazzed-out server issues*

Edited by shrooma

i understand that english isn't your first language TP, but if you took your blinkers off, you'd see that it was written very clearly.

i'll explain it shall i?

you said 'it is a shame that media like the daily mail (thinly diguised comment implying a media bias) don't report russian interest in english monarchy' (conformation of accusation)

when they quite clearly did.

they stated, and i repeat-

'vladimir putin and the kremlin sent the windsors a telegram congratulating them on the birth of their child.'

I certainly meant bias on part of Daily Mail, though I see bias in ALL media. That they report Putin sending best wishes is almost irelevant to their article, which is to point finger at Russia and laugh at such clowns as Zhirinovsky. They like talking about him as if he was an important person, he is not. If they wanted to show a good hard working Russian politician they could have article about Alexander Rutskoi, who stood up against Yeltsin in 1993. He is sober, works hard, has good ideas, is not some self important maniac. But is too easy to only show the idiots as representative. There is a phrase "Damned with faint praise" A typical English phrase I believe, and I belive that was purpose of Daily Mail.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

This story is not properly sourced from RIA Novosti. On their English site they do not source hs remarks, simply saying he "Said to journalists". On Russian side of that site is nothing about this. On other main Russian media outlets, and I am not going to search all, there is nothing. Vesti (BBC equivalent) has the latest outburst from him, yet that is from 16 July and not about any babies or UK.

I certainly meant bias on part of Daily Mail, though I see bias in ALL media.

maybe that's your problem....?

That they report Putin sending best wishes is almost irelevant to their article,

in your eyes.

which is to point finger at Russia

no. it isn't.

when will you begin to understand that the comments here are directed at the individual who made the statements, and not against "russia"?

people would make the same comments regardless of whether the individual was from bora-bora, or tau xeta ceti, or even from britain.

you REALLY need to stop seeing racism where none exists.

and laugh at such clowns as Zhirinovsky.

and rightly so.

They like talking about him as if he was an important person, he is not.

he's the leader of the liberal democrat party TP, hardly the average man on the street.....

If they wanted to show a good hard working Russian politician they could have article about Alexander Rutskoi, who stood up against Yeltsin in 1993. He is sober, works hard, has good ideas, is not some self important maniac.

and no doubt in 1993 they DID have articles about him, but i fail to see how that is relevant to the point in question.

But is too easy to only show the idiots as representative.

no. it is merely reporting what one politician said, nothing more.

There is a phrase "Damned with faint praise" A typical English phrase I believe, and I belive that was purpose of Daily Mail.

you're entitled to your belief TP, no matter how wrong or misguided it may be.

I certainly meant bias on part of Daily Mail, though I see bias in ALL media.

maybe that's your problem....?

That they report Putin sending best wishes is almost irelevant to their article,

in your eyes.

which is to point finger at Russia

no. it isn't.

when will you begin to understand that the comments here are directed at the individual who made the statements, and not against "russia"?

people would make the same comments regardless of whether the individual was from bora-bora, or tau xeta ceti, or even from britain.

you REALLY need to stop seeing racism where none exists.

and laugh at such clowns as Zhirinovsky.

and rightly so.

They like talking about him as if he was an important person, he is not.

he's the leader of the liberal democrat party TP, hardly the average man on the street.....

If they wanted to show a good hard working Russian politician they could have article about Alexander Rutskoi, who stood up against Yeltsin in 1993. He is sober, works hard, has good ideas, is not some self important maniac.

and no doubt in 1993 they DID have articles about him, but i fail to see how that is relevant to the point in question.

But is too easy to only show the idiots as representative.

no. it is merely reporting what one politician said, nothing more.

There is a phrase "Damned with faint praise" A typical English phrase I believe, and I belive that was purpose of Daily Mail.

you're entitled to your belief TP, no matter how wrong or misguided it may be.

*edit- goddam [expletive deleted] server issues AGAIN!!

Edited by shrooma

An open letter to shrooma

Your ploy will not work this time. Your posts are deliberately mischevious and aimed to annoy me. Anybody with intelligence will see this as your replies are so transparent, and so ridiculous in your twisting of my points. This is futile of you to try to chase me around this forum in order to bate me into saying that which I should not. Your behaviour is disgraceful, and you seem incapable of learning. Do not bother me with your nonsense again on this forum as there will not be any more replies. I simply do not have time to waste on the likes of you.

An open letter to shrooma

Your ploy will not work this time. Your posts are deliberately mischevious and aimed to annoy me. Anybody with intelligence will see this as your replies are so transparent, and so ridiculous in your twisting of my points. This is futile of you to try to chase me around this forum in order to bate me into saying that which I should not. Your behaviour is disgraceful, and you seem incapable of learning. Do not bother me with your nonsense again on this forum as there will not be any more replies. I simply do not have time to waste on the likes of you.

*sigh*

Many Russians don't even take Vladimir Zhirinovsky seriously, I wouldn't worry to much about anything he says.

*edit- goddam [expletive deleted] server issues AGAIN!!

Whoa, settle down Beavis.

LOL always wanted to say that. You ok Shroom?

• Like 2

Whoa, settle down Beavis.

LOL always wanted to say that. You ok Shroom?

:-D

sure i am Wolvie!

sun's warm.

beer's cold.

what's not to like??

:-)

if you meant the thing on here, and why do i seem to have lost my usual, cheerful, sunny disposition, i just get a bit tired of listening to a certain anti-western record get stuck over & over & over & over & over again ad nauseum, but normal service would seem to be resumed!

(congrats on the new movie btw, it's looking gooood...!!)

;-)

• Like 1

:-D

sure i am Wolvie!

sun's warm.

beer's cold.

what's not to like??

:-)

if you meant the thing on here, and why do i seem to have lost my usual, cheerful, sunny disposition, i just get a bit tired of listening to a certain anti-western record get stuck over & over & over & over & over again ad nauseum, but normal service would seem to be resumed!

(congrats on the new movie btw, it's looking gooood...!!)

;-)

Sweet, thx man, wb! Yeah, the anti-western sentiment eats at me sometimes, but haters gonna hate. I just try to let it slide right off. :tu:

Edited by WoIverine

Sweet, thx man, wb! Yeah, the anti-western sentiment eats at me sometimes, but haters gonna hate. I just try to let it slide right off. :tu:

i usually do too man, but i just don't dig on racists, and some targets are just too tempting, when you know you just can't miss.....

;-)

good to see you back anyway Wolvie, you ain't been around for a while!

mind you, with a new film coming out, it's hardly suprising really i guess.....

;-)

• Like 1

Well, on this forum I have been called the anti-Christ, which I take as a compliment, anti-western, which I am not, as it seems simply to say "the West" is used as a pathetic excuse to insult me. Now I am called "racist", as I was last week by the same poster. I am not racist, and this poster consistently failed to explain his insult in any rational way. How cheap to attack me in this way when he knows he can say anything against me on this forum, knowing I am rather restricted in any response I would like to make. This is disgusting and cowardice on his part. That's right mister shrooma, you can disrupt threads and insult me, knowing it is me who has to be very careful, not you. Interesting....

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

uhm...ok....."and now for something completely different", which means: back to topic.

Shirinowski is an ultra-right-wing crazy dude, who, indeed, is not taken seriously anywhere. They once dubbed him "the russian hitler", when he was campaigning against Boris Yeltsin sometime in the 90's.....i haven't heard from him since, so yeah, pretty successful comeback into publicity for him with that stupid statement.

• Like 1