Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flock of Seagulls' van found

BiffSplitkins

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A Flock of Seagulls' friends and fans are watching Craigslist, eBay and pawn shops for band leader Mike Score's stolen amps and instruments.

While the singer's signature floppy hair was lost years ago, Score's keyboards, guitars, drums, mics and clothing disappeared last weekend when a thief took the band's van from in front of a hotel in Downey, California, Score said.

"The van itself was found, but all the gear was taken. The van was empty," he told CNN Wednesday. Investigators are searching for fingerprints and other clues on the vehicle.

READ MORE

As a musician myself this sort of thing really saddens me.

Stealing from an 80's iconic band? Oooh, I hope karma strikes that person down in an Alfred Hitchcock sort of way.

• Like 2

I remember a Flock of Seagulls. I remember how truly awful they sounded when they played live on The Tube.

This wasn't a theft it was an act of mercy.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 1

oh wow

They're STILL playing?! I used to have one of their cassette tapes.

(For those too young to remember: "...a compact case containing a length of magnetic tape that runs between two small reels: used for recording or playback in a tape recorder or cassette deck.")

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

You would be amazed at how many 80's bands are out there touring again. Usually they only contain one or two original members though.

• Like 1

I remember a Flock of Seagulls. I remember how truly awful they sounded when they played live on The Tube.

This wasn't a theft it was an act of mercy.

i know your a mod and all, i dont want to overstep, but that was kind of rude man, they got robbed musicians or not that sucks

• Like 3

i know your a mod and all, i dont want to overstep, but that was kind of rude man, they got robbed musicians or not that sucks

Mod or not I am allowed to:

1. have my own view on what is or isn't good music.
  2. have a sense of humour.
  3. express the aforementioned musical taste by using that sense of humour.

Of course I don't condone theft. If you can't see that my comment was quite clearly meant as a joke (except the bit about them being awful on The Tube, that's an understatement) then that's your problem.

• Like 1

Mod or not I am allowed to:

1. have my own view on what is or isn't good music.
  2. have a sense of humour.
  3. express the aforementioned musical taste by using that sense of humour.

Of course I don't condone theft. If you can't see that my comment was quite clearly meant as a joke (except the bit about them being awful on The Tube, that's an understatement) then that's your problem.

in no way shape or form did i mean for my comment to seem as attack, and i apologise i didnt see your post as a joke, i should have looked closer, and what i ment in the "mod" remark was i didnt want to get in trouble for sharing my opinion with you! and come on man they had a couple good songs XD

put the claws away man im a friend

I can't stop singing "I RAN".

****!

• Like 1

lol nice guys

in no way shape or form did i mean for my comment to seem as attack, and i apologise i didnt see your post as a joke, i should have looked closer, and what i ment in the "mod" remark was i didnt want to get in trouble for sharing my opinion with you! and come on man they had a couple good songs XD

put the claws away man im a friend

Hey we're all friends here. We're discussing early 80's music in the 'Weird, Bizarre, Offbeat News' forum. :)

Trivia Question: What was on the flip side of the Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran (so far away)" 45. (I can't remember, and I want someone to look it up for me, because I'm too lazy.) :)

For those who are too young to remember, a '45' is: "a 7 inch, 45 revolutions per minute vinyl disc with binaural (stereo) engravings which could be replayed with a diamond type stylus, connected to an amplifier, delicately held over the 'record' as it revolved around the engravings, in a clockwise fashion."

Actually, in those days I was more of a Talking Heads, XTC, Cars fan as far as 'New Wave' genre went (boy, is that term antiquated). :)

• Like 2

XTC and INXS were my faves!

• Like 1

Bet they never thought they'd be living "I ran". Yeesh.

Yeah, but shouldn't that be "MY Van"....?

• Like 1

(For those too young to remember: "...a compact case containing a length of magnetic tape that runs between two small reels: used for recording or playback in a tape recorder or cassette deck.")

Hey we're all friends here. We're discussing early 80's music in the 'Weird, Bizarre, Offbeat News' forum. :)

Trivia Question: What was on the flip side of the Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran (so far away)" 45. (I can't remember, and I want someone to look it up for me, because I'm too lazy.) :)

For those who are too young to remember, a '45' is: "a 7 inch, 45 revolutions per minute vinyl disc with binaural (stereo) engravings which could be replayed with a diamond type stylus, connected to an amplifier, delicately held over the 'record' as it revolved around the engravings, in a clockwise fashion."

I can't believe you left out the 8 tracks. What about the 8 tracks, man?

Edit: Oh yeah...too bad for the Seagulls. That's gotta have a mental hurt to them.

Edited by Purifier