Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Rogan questions human/bf hybrid tonight

Q-C

On his new show on SyFyHD tonight...

Should be amusing, hopefully pretty funny, and he's not afraid to ask some real questions...

• Like 1

I'm excited

Um, like questions the existence of such a thing, or asks questions to such a thing? The title isn't really clear.

Um, like questions the existence of such a thing, or asks questions to such a thing? The title isn't really clear.

Don't know. I'ts a crap shoot. Entertainingly interesting? Hilariously stupid? Just plain dumb?

But I'll give him a shot, anyway.

• Like 1

Crap, I'm working tonight. Hopefully I can catch it another time.

Bleh. Dull. Nothing new. Anyone who has followed bigfootery for a time could have written the episode.

Dr. Todd Disotell's (anthropologist at NYU) response to the latest DNA evidence:

"They used some of the latest cutting edge science....those are real technologies and potentially real data.... They don't show any of the raw data. They just sort of tell their results. Their conclusions do not logically follow from the data. Their conclusions are invalid...I couldn't follow three quarters of that paper."

Edited by QuiteContrary

Was it really that bad?

I agree, nothing really new. But I was entertained.

Can't wait for the HARRP episode.

Was it really that bad?

My personal take:

Well, Rogan's "BS meter" did go off while listening to the the Sierra Sounds recording. And Rogan did get Disotell to call a certain DNA study "crazy". But, other than that, Rogan wasn't very skeptical and didn't ask or show us anything we haven't seen or heard many times before. He was more of a bigfoot newbie bringing up old points and asking old questions, for the audience.

The show just wasn't for me, because it sadly wasn't even humorous.

Maybe it improves with other episodes? I just expected more humor and bolder questions.

Edited by QuiteContrary

There was a point when they were about to retrieve audio data and Joe asked the BF researcher "How freaked out would you be if you heard in a non-human voice, 'You're never going to catch me, b****'". Thought that was pretty funny.

I think it's Joe's style to re-explain what seems obvious to the initiated. He does it when it calls fights in the UFC as well. I didn't mind it too much and I'm sure I'll appreciate it when they broach a topic I'm not as familier with.

Also laughed at Duncan's crypto-duck story.

Haha, yeah that was good, but I was expecting something different. It's more serious, BTDT, and less skeptical than I had hoped.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I agree, nothing really new. But I was entertained.

Can't wait for the HARRP episode.

Yeah that one looks like its gonna be good

I have not seen this posted, and it was a re-run, but not to old.....If this is posted someone please report it and have it deleted. Thank you.

Now if not, I liked how he did it, in a way.

One part where the team researching ( he was with them ) did something very stupid, and you could hear them say " we will have to pay a lot to get these guys to edit that out ".....

And, the DNA dude, in the lab.....Joe asked him about Ketchums DNA ( it was obvious ), and that guy explained how wrong they did it, and basically said they are " crazy ".....They want to find bigfoot so bad, they are looking for it, even if it is not there.

Anyway, here is the full episode......I fell asleep through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XlOjdIe5So

• Like 1

I already posted it, but your OP is better and you have the episode. So I hope no one deletes it. I thought it was uneventful and not skeptical myself, except for the DNA guy and Rogan's "BS meter" going off on the Samurai Chatter tapes.

I'd hoped Rogan was tougher, funnier, and had some new angle.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I already posted it, but your OP is better and you have the episode. So I hope no one deletes it. I thought it was uneventful and not skeptical myself, except for the DNA guy and Rogan's "BS meter" going off on the Samurai Chatter tapes.

I'd hoped Rogan was tougher, funnier, and had some new angle.

Me too....He was bought out.

If you listen to his philosophy recordings, he is straight forward. That was not Joe Rogan I saw.

I will report and ask for them to be merged.

Sorry about that...Last week, and the week before I had other things on my mind :)

No TV for me.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Fake!

That's clearly Randy Couture posing as Joe Rogan.

I was entertained but I wasn't expecting much from a Syfy tv show.

I'm a bit curious about this, does Rogan have some scientific background I'm not aware of?

All I know of him is a bad actor/ decent standup/ old MMA guy/ Fear Factor screaming short dude

• Like 1

No, he just delves into conspiracies on his podcast. Yes, he is a tiny guy.

Well, he's fairly entertaining so I guess him having a show like this is no more ridiculous than Shatner or Morgan Freeman doing it

weeeeeeeee tiny fellow if he ever goes into proving leprechauns he'll probably find a troubling discovery

No, he just delves into conspiracies on his podcast. Yes, he is a tiny guy.

But one bad ass tiny guy....He does know his **** when it comes to MMA, he could compete....

And to answer the other, he is a philosopher, and I think a great one....

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNSAlyPpdtw[/media]

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Before you guys start judging him to harshly you should see the episode he did about H.A.A.R.P. he's extremely skeptical in that episode.

Before you guys start judging him to harshly you should see the episode he did about H.A.A.R.P. he's extremely skeptical in that episode.

I think he is awesome, but I do not think he is being himself 100% in the show. I think he is censored, or edited out.

• Like 1

I'll see if I can catch a repeat. All I judged him on was the (1st?) episode of his new series, the one on bigfoot. It was weak, very weak, and not what I expected and I was surprised.