Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you believe in love?

tapirmusic

This is a question I have for those who believe in science but not God.

Can you believe in Science and Love?

Or is Love only chemical / electrical impulses in our brains?

• Like 1

Love is chemical/impulses in our brain.

It is definitely not something that can be simulated (religion).

• Like 1

Whether love is caused by neurons or spirit, it is still a very real and powerful emotion all the same, and I very much believe in it, just as I believe in the scientific method.

• Like 3

Yep, I believe in love. Don't matter to me that it's scientifically explainable. Love is one of those things where science is magic in my book.

• Like 2

I believe in love, sure. I feel sorry for those people who say you can't prove love exists.

• Like 2

Love exists through and through :)... scientifically, spiritually, etc.

• Like 3

Do you be-lieve in life after love, I can feel something inside me say, I really don't think your strong enough, nooo....

• Like 2

Yes. Sexual attraction love starts with chemical and electrical impulses in the brain but like a drug it chemicals tend to wear off then it can be the end of a relationship or grows into several different kinds of love that are a relationship and a bond that is not ever broken. Love may be a harmonious relationship that the chemicals kick in later after a friendhip. If you're really lucky you have both that doesn't wear off. Love is a respect, a bonding and a harmonious relationship of caring that brings joy no matter what challenges are faced. The broader scope of it's forms are really the hope and actual survival of mankind as a caring society. Unfortunately the chemical type is usually the stage that makes most people lose control of themselves one way or another. It's just a physical need of reproduction that stimulates but it can grow into something more that goes beyond what is generally understood by science. You don't have to believe in a personified god to know that when the all the powers of nature act in harmony and balance it is also a form of love which in fact starts as a survivival instinct to reproduce and grow whether animal human or even universes.

• Like 1

I believe in love, yes its a chemical reaction in the beginning but if there is something there more than that it will grow into much more and become true love. You can't force someone to love you, just because your intimate with them won't change that, either they do or they don't.

Edited by Hilander

Love is just a word used to describe the results of a chemical process.

Is it more than just that or do are we just perpetuating a eternity of illusions? I don't know.

I do tend to think, however, that our definition of "love" is rather narrow and lopsided.

• Like 2

There are so many different kinds and levels of love. Some are so strong that you can't even fathom it's existence until you experience it, and have nothing to do with sexual attraction or an unconscious desire to procreate.

Can the type of love a mother has for her baby before she's even laid eyes on him/her really be explained as "only" a chemical reaction?

Sure, there are electrochemical reactions involved in love. And that doesn't somehow make it false or imagined, just partially explained maybe.

Anyway, I love love. No matter what the explanation might be. :wub:

• Like 2

Love is just a word used to describe the results of a chemical process.

Is it more than just that or do are we just perpetuating a eternity of illusions? I don't know.

I do tend to think, however, that our definition of "love" is rather narrow and lopsided.

I was going to say love is just a word.

I beleive its a chemical and neurological/phycological process. So its not just the drugs in our brains, its how we as an individual interpret and take action on said process.

Love is a feeling of togetherness/belonging. Usually, we make love "exclusive" with only one other person and call it "romance". Pure love is shared with all and does not necessarily need to be sexual.

It is expressed in physical form as a chemical called "Oxytocin" which produces feels of cuddling, embrace, appreciation, and loyalty.

• Like 1

Love is ALL in the mind..

it is not real ... i've been able to will my mind and soul to feel "good" and in love all the time...

But I am not with anyone....

you see the key is releasing those chemicals in the brain....

once you know how to do that... well the you feel great all the time....

Here is a GREAT video explaining the whole thing!

and I also don't buy this whole honey moon phase...

if they LOVE has died.. its OVER!!!

the flame dying down.... and settling .. Is NOT true love.

Watch this whole thing.. they did a real scientific... study..

and scan of the brain and they know what parts light up while in "love"

well they tested a couple who was in "love" for MANY years...

and they compared to a newly "in love" couple...

the results were the SAME!!!!

great REAL scientific research here.. i love it lol

this is how I know the whole honey moon phase.. oh love

is more than feelings and romance thing is all bull****..

that's just something unhappy people say!

Of course you can find ways to release these "love:" chemicals naturally or by yourself...

and feel in bliss all the time...

those are those.. people who annoy you... cause they are Happy ALL the time! lol...

when people depend on someone ELSE.. to create the feel good chemicals in the mind to feeel

good is often... when they say they are out of love cause they depend on someone else..

for the chemicals.. Illusion... and fantasy to live....

That's where the saying goes.. you gotta love. or be in love with your Self...

before you love someone else .. holds some truth...

but its still very fascinating..

Edited by LostSouls7
  • Like 1

Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.

Love is everything that blooms from nothing.

• Like 1

Which is still love. This question is rather non-sequitur.
  • Like 1

Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides.

That is because love is a drug (oxytocin). It is made in the mind. When you are first in love the brain makes a lot of it; after a couple of years it lessens. So that "closeness" has to keep being re-discovered in order to bring that drug (love/oxytocin) back.

Even a simple hug can trigger it, but when it comes to a love it takes more and more for most people.

When a person is having withdrawal symptoms from love/oxytocin they may experience loneliness and jealousy.