Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a Bigfoot language?

Still Waters

A fascinating category of evidence involves claims of a Bigfoot language. Eyewitnesses report hearing howls, whoops, growls, screams, mumbles, whistles and other strange vocalizations in the wild, and attribute these to Bigfoot.

Variant forms of Bigfoot are found across cultures, and the Sasquatch, Himalayan Yeti, Australian Yowie and other alleged creatures are similarly believed to produce vocalizations. Other Bigfoot communication includes the mimicry of wildlife and forest sounds, wood-knocking, rock-knocking and rock-throwing.

http://blogs.scienti...gfoot-language/

Why do I see 'Bigfoot translation videos' appearing on Youtube soon...

• Like 2

A fascinating category of evidence involves claims of a Bigfoot language. Eyewitnesses report hearing howls, whoops, growls, screams, mumbles, whistles and other strange vocalizations in the wild, and attribute these to Bigfoot.

Best thing is on the show "Finding Bigfoot" when they yell out like idiots in the dark, but if the **** works...

I would think you would have to have a bigfoot before it could have a language. I may be wrong, but most mythical creatures that don't exist most likely don't have a language. The problem with all of these yahoos running around in the woods thinking every crack, whoop, screech, and yell is a bigfoot seems to be that they are completely ignorant of the sounds that the native wildlife can make. If you haven't been in the outdoors, and witnessed first hand the different array of sounds that can be made by native wildlife then sure everything will sound foreign. I guess if you want to believe bad enough you can make anything into a bigfoot vocalization.

Mike

• Like 3

you beat me to it, i just wanted to say "is there a bigfoot"?? :D

Every animal has its own mannerisms and ways of communicating, so if Bigfeet/ Bigfoot exists I don't see any reason that they to wouldn't have a way of communicating with each other

Every animal has its own mannerisms and ways of communicating, so if Bigfeet/ Bigfoot exists I don't see any reason that they to wouldn't have a way of communicating with each other

I was going to say this too. R4 said it rather well :tu:

At least in the US, I'd say that Bigfoot speaks English - at least that's the native tongue of the various Bigfoot hunters that out in the woods yelling at each other in the middle of the night. Although the debate is still on what language Bobo speaks.

As I've said before, we are so disconnected to the natural world these days that we wouldn't know the difference in the sounds of a screech owl, a Bigfoot, a horny possum, or a great blue heron.

• Like 2

At least in the US, I'd say that Bigfoot speaks English - at least that's the native tongue of the various Bigfoot hunters that out in the woods yelling at each other in the middle of the night. Although the debate is still on what language Bobo speaks.

As I've said before, we are so disconnected to the natural world these days that we wouldn't know the difference in the sounds of a screech owl, a Bigfoot, a horny possum, or a great blue heron.

R-man has a good point. But if dolphin researchers are now claiming that individuals of the species identify ("name") one another with the various clicks and whistles which comprise dolphin language, why not love ballads for Bigfoot or hip-hop for the Yeti?

• Like 1

i should imagine that, sadly, there are people that know all too well what a horny possum sounds like.....

:-s

i should imagine that, sadly, there are people that know all too well what a horny possum sounds like.....

:-s

Don't judge - it gets lonely during those long winter nights in the mountains of West Virginia.

• Like 2

Don't judge - it gets lonely during those long winter nights in the mountains of West Virginia.

:-D

Edited by shrooma

LOL this thread just turned to something I don't know if I can say on this board :clap:

R-man has a good point. But if dolphin researchers are now claiming that individuals of the species identify ("name") one another with the various clicks and whistles which comprise dolphin language, why not love ballads for Bigfoot or hip-hop for the Yeti?

Because Dolphins are 100% proven to exist, and can be researched to prove they have distinct calls... Bigfoot hasn't, therefore it can't be researched.

I would think you would have to have a bigfoot before it could have a language. I may be wrong, but most mythical creatures that don't exist most likely don't have a language. The problem with all of these yahoos running around in the woods thinking every crack, whoop, screech, and yell is a bigfoot seems to be that they are completely ignorant of the sounds that the native wildlife can make. If you haven't been in the outdoors, and witnessed first hand the different array of sounds that can be made by native wildlife then sure everything will sound foreign. I guess if you want to believe bad enough you can make anything into a bigfoot vocalization.

Mike

Well, Mike, that is all very easy to theorize and say. But talk is cheap.

the truth is, on more than one occassion, recordings of the howls of these believed-to-be BigFoots are anylizedby proffessionals and found to be a voice pattern unlike any creature known to man. the closest match is a hominid.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Since most creatures have some mans of communication, it seems reasonable to assume that Bigfoots would as well. I do recall seeing a video posted here that sounded like what has come to be known as "Samurai speak" and is claimed to be Bigfoots talking to each other. I have no idea if it's true or not.

Since most creatures have some mans of communication, it seems reasonable to assume that Bigfoots would as well. I do recall seeing a video posted here that sounded like what has come to be known as "Samurai speak" and is claimed to be Bigfoots talking to each other. I have no idea if it's true or not.

Here ya go. Have fun with that...

Even if there wasn't a big foot language I'm sure someone somewhere has made one up by now..... But if they do exist, I suppose it's possible that they might use language, or maybe they are telepathic, or rely more on signs and scents. Furthermore, if they are spread over a very wide area, they may have totally different, mutually unintelligible languages/signs, etc.

Edited by MyInnerShadow

Oddly, I've heard that some biologist have suggested that many species might use a form of telepathy. Here again, I have no idea if they do or not and apparently some are as confused about how certain species communicate as well. Dogs, cats and even deer seem to be able to communicate ideas to each other, bees can give each other specific locations of flowers and nectar relative to the hive's location, supposedly by means of a dance that we have yet to understand.

Although, I have noticed that humans seem to be unable to give people direction to the sporting goods section of the local Walmart. However, I think that's due to the average IQ of the average Walmart shopper drops about 50 points when they walk in the door there.

• Like 1