Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist activity caught on shop CCTV ?

Saru

A video has surfaced on the Internet that appears to show items in a shop moving by themselves.

A remarkable video which appears to show a poltergeist in a Whitstable shop is proving an internet sensation. The clip on YouTube films security footage apparently taken at the Whitstable Nutrition Centre. As a shopper browses, a box emerges from the shelf behind him and hovers in the air.

arrow3.gifRead more...

[media=]

[/media]

Great video... :)

For some reason I have not suddenly become a believer though...

• Like 2

hahaha, cool. If that's not a prank by the bored supermarket staff, it's a neat video...

Ever a sceptic but ... If that was CG, that "customer" did a great acting job. *stumped*

• Like 1

Lol, that is such a setup. Pretty obvious the guy in the aisle is being hoaxed. But I'm not sure if the people commenting are in on it, and commenting to make it seem more "real", or if they are being hoaxed as well.

• Like 2

I have had things like that happen in my own home. Very unnerving to say the least.Not so funny if it happens to you...

You can see something pushing the pink box out at 14 seconds. Looks like a hoax to me.

Edited by phantasia

Lol, that is such a setup. Pretty obvious the guy in the aisle is being hoaxed. But I'm not sure if the people commenting are in on it, and commenting to make it seem more "real", or if they are being hoaxed as well.

hehehe....that was my first thought, too. Somebody's playing a prank. Beavis & Butthead meets Ghostbusters....

I have had things like that happen in my own home. Very unnerving to say the least.Not so funny if it happens to you...

Set up a video camera. It will never happen again.

• Like 2

def a prank, easy to spot too

You can see something pushing the pink box out at 14 seconds. Looks like a hoax to me.

You've got better eyes than me. I also think hoax but I blew it up and I still can't see any masking while it's floating there. Plus, I'd think the guy would have reacted to a hand sticking out of the shelf holding a box ... It feels like a setup but the closer I look the more I go hmmph.

i can see it too, if it isnt a prank though and there isnt anything moving it, it would be pretty convincing, just saying

l46j.png

I captured a frame, if you look closely you can see something pinkish pushing out the box

Edited by phantasia

Huh. Hard to tell these days what's real and what's not.

The voice reactions do not bother me, as it seems it was an "after-the-fact" viewing by another employee(or friend) narrated by the male who previously apparently discovered and viewed this.

I don't know. I give it a 50/50

• Like 1

I agree with pallidin,

It's a though call and I can't say it's real but this is interesting. I do think that the polteigeist phenomenon is real and that it is some kind of psychic disturbance that could in some cases, being amplified by entities.

Anyway, I fear that even though it was real and not a hoax, people wouldn't say ''at last here is a real proof!'' and I understand that because there is so many fake video and pictures that you just can't know for sure unless there were witnesses who saw this with their own eyes that can corroborate or you were there yourself. So, it's possible that we dismiss some legiti phenomenon but it is difficult to compromise ourselves and give our supports to something we can't hardly trust.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Ever a sceptic but ... If that was CG, that "customer" did a great acting job. *stumped*

He stood there reading the packaging on something and when the object fell off the shelf, he picked it up and put it back on the shelf and picked up the other object when it fell down.

It's hardly an acting masterclass from Daniel Day-Lewis.

Levitating objects has been a illusionists tool for many decades.....

Not sure why this would trick anyone, when we see it all over the place....

@Sakari Yeah but alongside the livitating box of tea, there is another item flying off the shelf on the left side which is not actually levitating but rather pushed. I also think that levitation can be reproduced by skilled illusionists and others strange phenomenon like the Uri Geller effect can be as well. That doesn't mean these phenomenons cannot occur in other circumstances because they can be reproduced in an artifical way.

Edited by sam_comm

Did anyone notice the man in a black sweater ducking behind the shelf? An obvious hoax and prank.

• Like 1

phenomenon like the Uri Geller effect

You do know he was proven to be a fraud right?

• Like 1

Did anyone notice the man in a black sweater ducking behind the shelf? An obvious hoax and prank.

Haha. You can see him at the very beginning in the lower-right security monitor watching the customer before he disappears behind the shelf.

It is a fun video, but a prank/hoax. Look at the "hovering" box and watch how it falls. It doesn't just fall straight down. Rather, it tumbles as it would if it were on a platform which was tilted to cause it to fall off. Still, a cool video.

I think we can tell it's a hoax, as I too saw what other saw, ie: what looked like a finger pushing the pink box out, and the person in black ducking out of camera view. After watching some amazing illusionists on telly lately, levitating items is part of their act.

You do know he was proven to be a fraud right?

I am not aware that he was proven to be a fraud and nothing else but I do know that many skeptics including James Randi have found ways to duplicate his tricks using magic tricks and illusions.

But even so, others have different point of view:

"As a magician, I believe that the tests we did (with Geller) could not be duplicated in any way by a magician's methods."

Abb Dickson (Professional magician - U.S.A. and President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians 1997-9

"You know, I like Uri Geller. He is a good guy. I think he made many things with his abilities. I think some of the things he shows are illusion. But I cannot claim for sure, that this applies to everything."

David Copperfield

On the other hand, others have stutied him such as scientists Russel Targ and Harold Puthoff of the Stanford Research Institute. they were convinced that Uri Geller' psychic abilities were genuine.

Also William E. Cox through a comittee investigated Geller with scrutiny and it gave interesting results.

" I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key."

Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)

source:

http://blog.happiera...-have-said.html

So, no doubt he is controversial and I think his personality fueled that but there are in fact two sides in this story and no definitive answer. Those who think Geller have legit psychic abilities to some extent and others who simply think he was a good illusionist and magician.

Edited by sam_comm

psychic abilities to some extent and others who simply think he was a good illusionist and magician.

Psychic Abilities are not proven to exist, not even close. Closer to being proven they do not exist if anything.

Illusionists and Magicians tricks, they are known 100% to exist.

Uri is nothing special at all.