Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RFK Files Recently Declassified

Kowalski

RFK files show missile crisis disrupted anti-Castro plots

By the fall of 1962, President John F. Kennedy and his brother, Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, had spent the better part of a year orchestrating a massive and multifaceted campaign aimed at toppling Cuban dictator Fidel Castro from power.

The initiative, code named "Operation Mongoose," drew on the brainpower and energies of the U.S. government's most senior officials and ranged from balloon drops of anti-Castro pamphlets and cartoons to covert sabotage of Cuban industry and infrastructure. In time, it would even include active plotting to assassinate the Cuban dictator, with the Central Intelligence Agency clandestinely enlisting the aid of the era's reigning Mafia chieftains.

Suddenly that autumn, however -- and only temporarily -- the Kennedy brothers were forced to back off.

The intervening event, newly declassified files show, was the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2a4WwO0MI

Well, isn't this interesting....Operation Mongoose (Remember that from the movie JFK?) did exist and we were trying to kill Castro and disrupt things in Cuba, with the help of the Mafia....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 3

holy wacky batman! wicked post kowalski

• Like 1

holy wacky batman! wicked post kowalski

Thanks! :)

It really sucks, that these documents have just now come to light. Many of the people who talked about this since the 60s and 70s are no longer alive to be vindicated.

I thought this part was intriguing:

Yellowing carbon sheets bearing the usual welter of classified markings -- as well as the rather unusual imprint of a red rubber stamp reading MONGOOSE -- show that RFK was also forced, early and often, to referee disputes among lower-level officials about how Operation Mongoose was to be prosecuted.

Brigadier General Edward Lansdale, a legendary master of the dark arts of psychological warfare and covert operations, frequently dashed off memos to RFK exhibiting frustration at the slow inter-agency pace of Mongoose.

On October 15, 1962 -- one day after the Kennedys learned of the Soviet missiles on Cuba -- Lansdale urged the attorney general to take a tougher line with the intelligence community. "When the President asks for something, he should get it," Lansdale wrote in a memo captioned "Sabotage Program, Mongoose." "He has asked for action [to overthrow Castro], yet CIA indicates it has these actions 'under study' or 'in preparation' despite the fact that it has claimed to be ready to go...I believe you will have to hit CIA per the head personally."

The next day, Lansdale sent RFK another Top Secret memo, hoping to prod him to stern action in a Mongoose meeting scheduled for 2:30 that afternoon. "You can strike a real blow for action by looking [senior CIA officials] Dick Helms and Ed Martin in the eye and telling them you are very dissatisfied with the initiative and the results in this project," the general wrote. "Lay it directly on them..."

But RFK had already received conflicting counsel from his own staff. Administrative aide James W. Symington, later a congressman, had written the attorney general earlier that year to caution him against accepting Lansdale's advice wholesale

This all makes sense in regards to the JFK Assassination. Operation Mongoose, was under Bobby Kennedy's office, so the conspirators "hijacked" this program to kill JFK, Bobby is forced to help them cover it up, or he'll be ruined by his involvement in the plots in Cuba and with Castro. I bet he wasn't too happy with that....Probably why they killed him too.

• Like 1

yeah this article sheds some light alot of open questions, it does suck that the people that were poked at with a judging finger arnt here to see this

• Like 1

Thanks! :)

It really sucks, that these documents have just now come to light. Many of the people who talked about this since the 60s and 70s are no longer alive to be vindicated.

I thought this part was intriguing:

This all makes sense in regards to the JFK Assassination. Operation Mongoose, was under Bobby Kennedy's office, so the conspirators "hijacked" this program to kill JFK, Bobby is forced to help them cover it up, or he'll be ruined by his involvement in the plots in Cuba and with Castro. I bet he wasn't too happy with that....Probably why they killed him too.

Seems like you're jumping to some pretty big conclusions there my friend.

Maybe....Maybe not.

• Like 3

explain

• Like 1

I thought it was a bit obvious that RFK be killed at the announcement of his win in the California primary. He would have been the next president.. hands down. That was stopped.

• Like 1

JFK in im opinion was the last "true" president, well the last one that actually cared about the country that is......nuff said

• Like 1

JFK in im opinion was the last "true" president, well the last one that actually cared about the country that is......nuff said

I think Reagan cared very deeply about this country.

he was a puppet

• Like 1