Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real Area 51

Waspie_Dwarf

IRIS Opens Its Eye to the Sun

Published on 25 Jul 2013

Reporter tries to access the real Area 51 and chats with a UFO expert ahead of the release of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on August 23. He made a short video as he tried to get close to the top secret US facility after touring other key UFO locations in the Nevada desert, just a few weeks before The Bureau: XCOM Declassified hits shelves.

The game comes out on August 23 and will be available on all current gen consoles and on PC. Report by Mark Morris.

Source: ITN News - YouTube Channel

• Like 1

is the game suppose to be any good?

Yes, Area 51 definitely exists, and likely has things on the premises that are being hidden from the public eye. How do I know? First hand experience getting caught on the grounds, getting stopped by the military, and having the one in charge tell the other "well, he's not close enough to see anything from here anyway" while looking at the horizon of the area we were in.

What these things are though, is anyone's guess. Top secret air force technology would be my first guess.

edit: But this photo I took gives a great gauging of just how remote the base is, which was mentioned in the video. The mailbox they were at in the beginning was at the corner of the 'E.T. Highway and a small unnamed dirt and gravel road. This road is the road that leads into Area 51. It takes hours of driving through rural desert to reach this point, and you can see from the photo how much further you still have to go. What is beyond the mountains only those with the right credentials can see:

9181230670_c26da83723_c.jpg

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

Been there! The town of Rachel and the Little Alien-inn was a hoot!

• Like 1

Yes, Area 51 definitely exists, and likely has things on the premises that are being hidden from the public eye. How do I know? First hand experience getting caught on the grounds, getting stopped by the military, and having the one in charge tell the other "well, he's not close enough to see anything from here anyway" while looking at the horizon of the area we were in.

What these things are though, is anyone's guess. Top secret air force technology would be my first guess.

edit: But this photo I took gives a great gauging of just how remote the base is, which was mentioned in the video. The mailbox they were at in the beginning was at the corner of the 'E.T. Highway and a small unnamed dirt and gravel road. This road is the road that leads into Area 51. It takes hours of driving through rural desert to reach this point, and you can see from the photo how much further you still have to go. What is beyond the mountains only those with the right credentials can see:

9181230670_c26da83723_c.jpg

It looks like he made it to Rachel, Nevada.

Rachel would have more visitors if they had a better looking UFO.

I found Rachel, Nevada using Google Earth..........not much there.

Out in the middle of nowhere.

Been there! The town of Rachel and the Little Alien-inn was a hoot!

Very little light pollution. Good place to use a Meade telescope.

hmmmmm

• Like 1

hmmmmm

I second that hmmmm

• Like 1

It looks like he made it to Rachel, Nevada.

He did, and also went right up to the dividing line over into Area 51 grounds, which is where the white guard truck was situated on the hill. This is considered the 'front entrance'.

Here is an eye level view of Rachel (population: 98+-):

9172897236_bf5a9f1789_c.jpg

The main draw (for me, at least) isn't what you can find there, as much as what you won't find there. A shopping center, post office, police station, Starbucks, etc.

One of the smallest towns around situated in the middle of the desert, right next to a top secret military base. This draw of mystique alone generates a quite respectable amount of visitors. I just felt bad that around the town there were so many 'NO TRESPASSING' and 'PRIVATE PROPERTY' signs, and no one was outside in the entire town, save a few at the Inn, and a few of us travelers. I don't think the general population enjoys the town's only source of real income.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

interesting little town, im telling you there prolly really isnt much inside that base

You know it's a town you have to take seriously when they use Comic Sans on their welcome sign.

• Like 2

You know it's a town you have to take seriously when they use Comic Sans on their welcome sign.

couldnt agree more, hey lets put a catchy joke on our town sign, but lets hate it when people come!

I absolutely agree with you: why so much security and military presence if there's nothing going on?

I couldn't say whether the unidentified objects are man made or extraterrestrial.....but I want to believe we are not alone in the universe.

~ My first post here, by the way, love this place and finally decided to join~

:alien::-*

• Like 2

welcome to UM Aggie!

couple of things to remember on the forums-

never lend anybody any money, they're a shifty bunch, and you'll never get it back, and secondly, remember to keep your hands & feet inside the carriage at all times.....

:-)

have fun!

• Like 2

welcome to UM Aggie!

never lend anybody any money, they're a shifty bunch, and you'll never get it back, and secondly, remember to keep your hands & feet inside the carriage at all times.....

have fun!

hey i always pay back! it may be a little bit late, not the whole amount and some of the bills will be taped together but what can i do!

• Like 1

I absolutely agree with you: why so much security and military presence if there's nothing going on?

I couldn't say whether the unidentified objects are man made or extraterrestrial.....but I want to believe we are not alone in the universe.

welcome to UM! were a great big happy family! dont litsen to shrooma hes just mad because he lent me money and i created a fortune 500 company with it and only paid him what he lent me!

• Like 1

welcome to UM Aggie!

have fun!

Thank you, Shrooma.......not sure I can keep my hands inside the carriage at all times....but thanks for the advice! LOL

• Like 1

welcome to UM! were a great big happy family! dont litsen to shrooma hes just mad because he lent me money and i created a fortune 500 company with it and only paid him what he lent me!

Thank you, Kannin!

So...Shrooma is the guy I need to talk to if I'm ever short of cash, eh?....more good advice, thanks! LOL

My apologies to the OP for going off topic.

yeah sorry waspie, just poking fun at the new member

Thank you, Kannin!

So...Shrooma is the guy I need to talk to if I'm ever short of cash, eh?

bugger THAT Aggie, get some off Kannin, the miserly skinflint's loaded!!

yeah sorry waspie, just poking fun at the new member

WITH the new member Kannin, WITH, not AT!

You'll get yourself shot!!

• Like 1

WITH the new member Kannin, WITH, not AT!

You'll get yourself shot!!

lmao no doubt, and yes i am loaded mauahhahahaha ill take over the world you watch! me get shot heck no i have titanium skin!

• Like 1

Area 51 is operated by the U.S. Air Force, Department of Energy & the CIA.

The U2 Spy Plane was developed there.

CIA : Red Hat Area - One way or another the CIA obtains Russian Fighter Jets ...ie Mig 29.

The Red Hat division takes them apart, puts them back together and flys them around Area 51.

The base perimeter is patrolled by Wackenhut Security (Cammo Dudes).

There is a small mountain range directly behind the Area 51 base.

The entire mountain range is an underground base. S1 / S2 / S3 / S4

The dry lake on the other side is called Papoose Dry Lake.

• Like 1