Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Ghost Snap at the Skirrid Inn

MB Forde

Hello everyone! A reader sent me a set of new photographs that had been taken during a night-time investigation at (in)famous the Skirrid Inn. What do you think?

qg6d.jpg

umgu.jpg

Did you spot the two 'faces'? There's more on my blog, along with the full picture.

Looks like the ghost section is as tapped out as the UFO section.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! A reader sent me a set of new photographs that had been taken during a night-time investigation at (in)famous the Skirrid Inn. What do you think?

Do you have permission from your reader to post his/her photos on here?

• Like 1

Interesting. I assumed a long exposure time but if you look at the original, the bar area is well lit. OP, is there any other info you can provide about the photo?

• Like 1

Interesting. I assumed a long exposure time but if you look at the original, the bar area is well lit. OP, is there any other info you can provide about the photo?

But notice how everything is just a little bit fuzzy.

• Like 1

Kind of interesting. The area where the hand is in contact with the door. Looks like it went right trough...

But notice how everything is just a little bit fuzzy.

Yeah, that part kind of bugs me. But the image almost looks like 2 separate entities a female in front and a male in back.

Edited by phantasia

Yeah, that part kind of bugs me. But the image almost looks like 2 separate entities a female in front and a male in back.

Well then it's two people and a long exposure.

Even a "well lit" bar has a fraction of the available light compared with taking photos outdoors during the day. Without using a flash, exposure times on cameras that don't have the high ISO settings of good digital cameras can easily be 1/8 - 1/2 a second or even longer in a place like inside a pub, enough to cause that kind of motion blur of a moving person and if you look at the picture, it's fuzzy enough to indicate the exposure was long enough that the photographer couldn't hold the camera perfectly steady. So yeah, I agree, most likely explanation is a real person moving, causing motion blur.
  • Like 1

Even a "well lit" bar has a fraction of the available light compared with taking photos outdoors during the day. Without using a flash, exposure times on cameras that don't have the high ISO settings of good digital cameras can easily be 1/8 - 1/2 a second or even longer in a place like inside a pub, enough to cause that kind of motion blur of a moving person and if you look at the picture, it's fuzzy enough to indicate the exposure was long enough that the photographer couldn't hold the camera perfectly steady. So yeah, I agree, most likely explanation is a real person moving, causing motion blur.

Would it be possible to pull the exif data from the photo?

Would it be possible to pull the exif data from the photo?

Unfortunately, no. The original EXIF data isn't on the photo in the link in the OP. Depending on how a photo goes from the original camera file to a website, this is a common enough occurrence. For example, if the photo is opened and the contents copied and pasted into a new image file for resizing and web use, the EXIF data won't travel as only the picture data and not the metadata (EXIF) will be copied and pasted to the new file.
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the info Jesse!

Of course MB is just using us for traffic for his site. If he actually cared he would of commented here.

Were they having a zombie walk night at the inn?

Ridiculous. That is 100% someone stood behind the glass waggling their arm about on a long-ish exposure.

This is just a blatant advertisment, and whoever carries out these 'investigations' is a sham outfit.

• Like 2

That just looks to me like a real person waving their arm in a long exposure. There are some very interesting stories from the Skirrid inn, but I don't think this is one of them. It is somewhere I would like to visit though, all the same, because of the amount of ghost activity and sightings that have been reported over the years.