Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lincoln memorial vandalized

questionmark

The Lincoln Memorial was shut down Friday morning after vandals splashed light green paint on the statue of the nation’s 16th president and the marble floor around it, U.S. Park Police said.

No words or symbols were painted or written on the memorial, police said. No damage was reported at the Mall’s other memorials and monuments.

Police are reviewing surveillance footage from the popular tourist attraction on the west end of the Mall, but so far no information has been released about who may have been responsible for the vandalism or what may have motivated it.

Read more

No marks or words...just green paint..GREEN. What significance, if any, does that color choice have?

the hulk is mad, hes trying to run for president, hes upset because there were white presidents, now black and hes sending a msg that the next should be green

• Like 3

No marks or words...just green paint..GREEN. What significance, if any, does that color choice have?

Guess you mean somebody was trying to frame an Islamist? They, as far as we know, don't play little children's games.

• Like 2

Guess you mean somebody was trying to frame an Islamist? They, as far as we know, don't play little children's games.

I thought he was looking for the Irish. :yes:

• Like 2

agreed

• Like 1

Why on earth, would anyone want to do something like this? :no:

• Like 3

because some people have no respect for historical figures when they should, people are just jelous on how good we have it in the americas and the uk and they have to do stupid shyt because they are whiney prissy little babies

• Like 3

It was probably another one of those white hispanics.

• Like 4

Could be some idiot Islamo wannabe OR could be a sale at Wallyworld for puke green paint and an anarchist thought to save a buck. COULD be lots of things. It WAS stupid and disrespectful.
  • Like 4

LOL! :)

i second kowalskis notion LOL! to the third degree

• Like 1

Poor Abraham Lincoln, what with his history of vampire slaying, you'd think people had more respect ! lol

Someone will have to come out with some paint thinners and clean it up...I'd do it myself, but paint thinners can make you feel high.

• Like 1

pro pot movment?

lol good one

This p***es me off.

to the third deree

pro pot movment?

Note to self: see Optometrist soon. I thought this said "pol pot movement". I was thinking wha...?

Who cares. Clean it, ignore it, because that's the best way to handle it. It happens all the time around here, but usually with monuments that have an a bit more ambivalent origin.

Who cares. Clean it, ignore it, because that's the best way to handle it. It happens all the time around here, but usually with monuments that have an a bit more ambivalent origin.

it isn't germany, american media just can't survive one day without throwing some dose of drama into american's lives.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

it isn't germany, american media just can't survive one day without throwing some dose of drama into american's lives.

LOL!

I cN only refer to my life, buddy. Attention is exactly what these people want.

Edit: Sorry, completely misunderstood you. I guess you have that right. Our media is getting there as well.

Edited by FLOMBIE

I cN only refer to my life, buddy. Attention is exactly what these people want.

Edit: Sorry, completely misunderstood you. I guess you have that right. Our media is getting there as well.

i agree

This p***es me off.

I agree. I hope they spare no expense in tracking down the vandals. I wonder if this has ever happened before? Certainly I've never heard it before.