Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Italy arrests 51 in Ostia anti-mafia raids

questionmark

As temperatures soar to around 40C this weekend, thousands of Romans will flock to nearby beaches to roast in the sun, play on the slot machines and dance in sticky seaside nightclubs. They will not be the only ones feeling the heat.

On Friday in an operation that prosecutors said revealed the extent of organised crime in the coastal suburb of Ostia near the Italian capital, 51 people were arrested on suspicion of mafia-related activity.

The crackdown, which involved about 500 police officers as well as dog support units, patrol boats and a helicopter, was described as one of the biggest anti-mafia sweeps ever carried out in the Rome area.

Read more

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Tutankhaten-pasheri

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is a good reason to only visit Ostia Antica. Only 40 minutes by train from Pyramide and is a good day out.

Which is a good reason to only visit Ostia Antica. Only 40 minutes by train from Pyramide and is a good day out.

I don't know how many times I have been in Italy and nothing has happened to me that could not have happened in Madrid, Paris or Moscow. The Mafia is a problem for those who live and work there, not for those who visit... except for the inflated prices.