Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pensioner's staggering collection of irons

Still Waters

Standing in a room filled floor to ceiling with old irons, pensioner John Rollins shows his astonishing collection of the trusty household appliance.

The 74-year-old has one of Britain's largest collections of irons - amassed during three decades of scouring fairs, antique shops, and auction houses.

He now owns a staggering 800 irons - which includes irons in all shapes, makes, sizes and colours, ranging from the first one he ever bought, a box iron right up to modern day steam irons.

http://www.dailymail...es-clothes.html

• Like 1

George Michael has a very large collection of irons too! (allegedly)

Edited by Eldorado

uhmmmm i wonder what hes into

We know someone who has about that many sad irons. I have about ten of them and one is tiny...for baby and doll clothes.

We know someone who has about that many sad irons. I have about ten of them and one is tiny...for BABY AND DOLL CLOTHES.

are you serious? thats disturbing

are you serious? thats disturbing

Why? They didn't have permanent press material in those days and they didn't want to take the baby to church on Sundays all crinkly. People also made a living selling hand made dolls and they wouldn't sell as well if they looked rumpled.

Have you ever used an iron in your life? :P

Why? They didn't have permanent press material in those days and they didn't want to take the baby to church on Sundays all crinkly. People also made a living selling hand made dolls and they wouldn't sell as well if they looked rumpled.

Have you ever used an iron in your life? :P

im not telling.............lol

• Like 1

im not telling.............lol

I thought not....lol

I thought not....lol

touche magic woman! you have discovered my only weakness now i must melt in dismay, gurgle gaaaaahhh

• Like 1