Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Often overlooked

markdohle

Often overlooked

I find it amazing that the spiritual side of our nature is often overlooked by a great many people. Many have the assumption that all they need is to have lots of money, beauty, good health, lots of sex and they will be happy. When in fact, when all of these are attained, deeper more urgent needs will arise to the surface and demand to be dealt with. Restlessness, boredom, depression can be the disguises worn by these deeper aspects of our nature. Many addictions seek to assuage the pain of our inner fragmentation, but over all, apart from some momentary release from suffering, it soon returns. Escapades usually have a heavy price, a bad hangover being the least of them.

• Like 1

You're making it sound like sex is a bad thing. Can't get any more in-tune with nature then by procreating... tis something every species does in one way or another ;)

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 2

In Paganism sex and spiritual can be one and the same. :wub:

• Like 2

"Man does not live by bread alone,"

Always believed there to be some philosophical truth to at least that part of the sentence.

I have been deprived of sex within relationships for many many years. I don't know how sex works out with metaphysical aspect of human psyche, but most people can't do well without love, sex, and relationship.

Alas, the ugly truth is that it is often the people without much impulse for sex that dictate how others should have sex.

• Like 1

Yes you mean many people just focus on the physical and material??

that is true...

I am very spiritual and magical

money and material is needed in this realm.

But the spiritual is also needed for my soul to fly as well..

it's all about balance in life in the end for sure.

• Like 1

You're making it sound like sex is a bad thing. Can't get any more in-tune with nature then by procreating... tis something every species does in one way or another ;)

Sex is grea LOL, it is the abuse of it that cause pain and suffering. Just like anything else in life.

Peace

mark

• Like 2

In Paganism sex and spiritual can be one and the same. :wub:

I agree, it is the same in the Christian path, it is when it is abused, others used and thown aside that difficulties start.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

I have been deprived of sex within relationships for many many years. I don't know how sex works out with metaphysical aspect of human psyche, but most people can't do well without love, sex, and relationship.

Alas, the ugly truth is that it is often the people without much impulse for sex that dictate how others should have sex.

I think people learn, well hopefully so when they use sex in the wrong way. We see it all around us, the out of wedlock births, men who don't take responsibility for being fathers, sex slavery, STD's, there is a lot to recommend that we keep sex between two people who are truly commited to each other. Sex is an important of life, in marriage it is healing and allows for the family unit to grow and for love to expand as well. Not sure the 'playboy' philsosophy does that.

Peace

mark

Yes you mean many people just focus on the physical and material??

that is true...

I am very spiritual and magical

money and material is needed in this realm.

But the spiritual is also needed for my soul to fly as well..

it's all about balance in life in the end for sure.

Balance, that works LOL.

peace

mark

I do not think our "spiritual" side is being overlooked at all but it seems way too many equate religion, especially christianity, with spirituality.

Furthermore many seem to think that being "spiritual" means praying to imaginary things and fostering a belief in things that are outside the observable realm of nature.

Actually I would think that the term "spirituality" is just a sugary and shiny term replacing the mundane term of social decency, diplomacy and so on.

I do not think our "spiritual" side is being overlooked at all but it seems way too many equate religion, especially christianity, with spirituality.

Furthermore many seem to think that being "spiritual" means praying to imaginary things and fostering a belief in things that are outside the observable realm of nature.

Actually I would think that the term "spirituality" is just a sugary and shiny term replacing the mundane term of social decency, diplomacy and so on.

Always enjoy hearing from you, thanks for your comment my friend. I understand your response, you are very consistent, always.

peace

mark

I don't think it's anything of the sort. Spirituality is a persons relationship with a metaphysical reality. If you don't believe there is a more fundamental reality built around consciousness, that's fine, I understand.

Our society is certainly too materialistic these days I agree, but at the same time, we do need money, food and shelter to survive. We also require a certain level of comfort to be truly happy, and in my view love and family are among the greatest comforts of all. I don't think there is anything wrong per se with wanting money or material things, so long as they are seen from a balanced perspective as not being essential at the cost of all-else. A person who is too geared towards money, sex or material things would seem to me unbalanced, but so would someone who decided to live a life of renouncement and malnourishment, meditating in the woods instead of playing their part in the wider community.

• Like 1

John 4:23-24 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."