Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feds to Investigate "Redneck Day" at School

Kowalski

The confed flag is racially hostile most everywhere. The fact that many here and in AZ don't know that is very sad.

Brownshirts are offensive.

ObamaBrownShirts.jpg

LStar20070930_Bush.leading.brown_.shirts..jpg

Yet Macey's are still selling them !

• Like 3

Oh yeah..and the idea that rednecks are like " travelers or gypsies " Well , Rednecks kinda like to pass down land from generation to generation ...chances are a rural redneck will live on the same property his or her grandparents did..This is by choice..With people in the south leaving the cities and suburbs ..development in rural areas has some property values pretty high..I know of one farmer a lil southeast of Birmingham ( AL) that did sell out...made millions a few years back selling 80 acres near the Galleria mall area for more development but I hear parts of his family are no longer speaking to him.

• Like 1

There is no connection between rednecks and gypsies/travellers. None whatsoever. Where did that even come from? There are no cultural similarities or lifestyle similiarties, at all.

• Like 3

I think Danielost was thinking that to be the case.. not sure why,,,might come from the constant jokes about " trailers" in the south ...I suspect people do not mean what they think they mean when they speak off the modern south and trailers ....YEs we have a few single wides from the 70s down here....Modern double wides and triple wides however are not the same thing as a " trailer " is to people from other lands I suspect......

the pics I added are more like what we are talking about when we say " trailers " down here...

post-141093-0-82176500-1375553350_thumb.

post-141093-0-55881800-1375553358_thumb.

• Like 3

Here's another image....does it p!ss you off?

Antigop.jpg

What is bugging me is the exploitation of the mountain/country folks. "Hatfield and McCoy white lightning...Mountain Monsters and a ton of other stupid UN-reality shows....it's disgusting. I get it, they are poor and are trying to pull some revenue into their community....but most mountaineers and rednecks I know have pride and would never do this thing.....

Oh well....God bless them....they are just playing the system as they see fit....

• Like 2

Here's another image....does it p!ss you off?

No, it shows an unfamiliarity with Godwin's law.

Good job at godwining a thread.

You missed the point, context, everything has to be taken in context.

Sometimes a Brown shirt is just a brown shirt. If someone's attending a KKK rally while branishing a Confederate flag, well that's different from a person with the same flag at Halloween, a NASCAR event or at a "Redneck Days" party.

• Like 3

Whatever...Godwin was a moron.

• Like 1

AHhhem....." white lightning ' Is a time honored tradition ...and the good stuff you can not buy...it is an art..just like you might be able to buy a " quilt" for $100.00 at some knockoff store it is nowhere near the quality of a $20,000.00 quilt from over in Gee's Bend. A lack of conspicuous consumption does not make someone poor. Yeah you can go to the store and but a nice bottle of whiskey ...but GOOD shine has something about it nothing store bought can touch...

• Like 3

Whatever...Godwin was a moron.

Well it's certainly illogical to pooh pooh an argument just because it uses an analogy. There are good analogies and bad analogies. Since the whole thread is about right-wing symbols, I thought it was pertinent.

And again, context is everything.

Edited by redhen
  • Like 2

I think Danielost was thinking that to be the case.. not sure why,,,might come from the constant jokes about " trailers" in the south ...I suspect people do not mean what they think they mean when they speak off the modern south and trailers ....YEs we have a few single wides from the 70s down here....Modern double wides and triple wides however are not the same thing as a " trailer " is to people from other lands I suspect......

the pics I added are more like what we are talking about when we say " trailers " down here...

Actress Minnie Driver lives in a double wide trailer, as does Pamela Anderson..Minnie spoke about her double wide on a a UK talk show - Chatty Man.. We have trailer parks over here, but they are only ever opened as a seasonal thing.. People go down to their caravan ( trailer ) in the summer, as the trailer park is right next to a beach..When the holiday is over, they just go back home...

Trailers ( really good ones ) can be expensive...

• Like 3

Do the ones you are speaking of have wheels on them?

Godwin's law.

I've noticed that Godwin's law is only brought up when someone has lost an argument and cannot support their side/cause with actual facts. ;)

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 2

I don't get the whole "racial investigation thingy" going on over a kid wearing a confed- flag.

conversely, I don't get why people still wear the confederate flag to this day.

it's the loosing side.

I don't see anyone wearing a Bill's superbowl t-shirt

I don't get the whole "racial investigation thingy" going on over a kid wearing a confed- flag.

it's the loosing side.

Even if the Confederates lost, people still believe they were right in their revolt. There's a reason why the war literally turned brother against brother.

• Like 4

There is no connection between rednecks and gypsies/travellers. None whatsoever. Where did that even come from? There are no cultural similarities or lifestyle similiarties, at all.

I did not say there was a connection to the gypsies, except that they both hold on to tradition like it will die if they didn't, and they are correct in thinking that way.

Well... To be a bit picky (and to stir the pot just a wee bit ;) ) It wasn't the Confederate Flag he was wearing... it was the Confederate BATTLE flag... The national flag looked totally different and to many THAT flag

represents the worst of the Confederate culture... While to many the BATTLE flag represents the resistance to being dominated by an outside culture...

While slavery and racial differences were a major divisive point at the time (and since) there were other issues - purely political and economic...

To many in the south the battle flag is the symbol of regional pride - not a longing to 'go back to the way it was'...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4

Someone wanted to know if there were Irish versions of "rednecks". That's when travelers were introduced to the discussion. Yeah, both the American and Irish versions have never been synonymous with American rednecks. We just tried to find cultural outliers.

it's the loosing side.

They must be on the tightening side. ;) Sorry.

ohh you. *sitcom laugh track*

Even if the Confederates lost, people still believe they were right in their revolt. There's a reason why the war literally turned brother against brother.

yeah , thats groovy, but its 200 years ago and the side that won is the side that runs things now, so still touting that side is at least what...treason? supporting overthrow of current government?....showing support of a people who love incest?

seems tasteless

Right now the losing side is in control of two thirds of the government. The other third is doing their job and stopping or slowing down the other side. Checks and balance.

• Like 1

Do the ones you are speaking of have wheels on them?

Not the ones I am speaking of no, they are parked in the same place year in year out... Here is what I am speaking of -> http://www.camping-ireland.ie/sales-and-hire/mobilehire.html They are also called mobile homes In Ireland...

• Like 1

AHhhem....." white lightning ' Is a time honored tradition ...and the good stuff you can not buy..

White lightening is also a strong cider that many teenagers over here like to hide under bridges and street corners to drink..Then they think WOW this is good...Its only later when they reach adult years, they go out and order good beers and other drink, and then they think - What were we like as teenagers? ...I know this, I used to be one of them...lol :P

• Like 2