Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic connection to certain people, why?

dendarkness

Hi all, and welcome em :st ....some thread here. I'm a skeptic, don't get dn here much. But I agree 100% there can be a strong psychic connection between two ppl. Seems to begin right away, think and say the same things @ the same time.

I want to help those ppl who post threads about lost items....but it kinda hard from here.

Does it work thru the internet??? Has it ever worked here???

(Is this different from reading here?)

Edited by scorpiosonic

• 2 months later...

I have had this experience with multiple people its not always a good thing I had a picture the minute I met my husband that I would marry him and a dread that came with it and surely enough I did and it was dreadful lol. And now I am just ending a relationship with someone that I dreamed of marrying before we even met. We had a lot of odd synchronicities and a lot in common in mirror type ways but It is normal to me to hear other peoples thoughts and I let my curiosity about that dream push me to endure another crappy relationship for too long well what I'm saying is these connections are an amazing thing and yet don't ensure that the other person is meant for you. I feel peoples feelings and thoughts a lot I think most people could if they open themselves up to it and learn to listen we just happen to direct that type of attention more often to the people we are interested in. I somehow doubt that all the people I've "felt" emotions actions and thoughts of were connected to me in another life or are romantic interests because it happens if you are empathetic and receptive to the feelings of others. I also dreamed of a guy and knew his name before I moved in next door to him and there was nothing significant about it we barely spoke. its easy to wonder when that happens how you knew the details but sometimes hard to find the significance.

I have had this experience with multiple people its not always a good thing I had a picture the minute I met my husband that I would marry him and a dread that came with it and surely enough I did and it was dreadful lol. And now I am just ending a relationship with someone that I dreamed of marrying before we even met. We had a lot of odd synchronicities and a lot in common in mirror type ways but It is normal to me to hear other peoples thoughts and I let my curiosity about that dream push me to endure another crappy relationship for too long well what I'm saying is these connections are an amazing thing and yet don't ensure that the other person is meant for you. I feel peoples feelings and thoughts a lot I think most people could if they open themselves up to it and learn to listen we just happen to direct that type of attention more often to the people we are interested in. I somehow doubt that all the people I've "felt" emotions actions and thoughts of were connected to me in another life or are romantic interests because it happens if you are empathetic and receptive to the feelings of others. I also dreamed of a guy and knew his name before I moved in next door to him and there was nothing significant about it we barely spoke. its easy to wonder when that happens how you knew the details but sometimes hard to find the significance.

Hi,

Yes it is. The reasons for many things like this do not translate to our 3D reality easily. You may never speak with this guy in a conscious manner about any thing. However at the subconscious level a great deal may be happening. As divine beings we do help one another even when there is no 3D benefit involved for either person.

Something to consider any way.

John

I have a crazy similar story that just screams demonic presence!!! I dreamt I met this girl on holiday in the lost city of Atlantis, dont ask me how I got there I have no ******* idea but her name was Caroline we had the most amazing experience together under the sea it felt like she changed my life, then one day I woke up and felt i had this strange connection with caroline who I then searched on facebook and found lived in england. I began a conversation with her and to my extreme surprise she could recall all of our holiday to Atlantis even down to the minutee details of a sexual experiences including one magnificent night of underwater love making. We began a distance relationship which has now gotten so strong that we are even physically connected, like this one time I felt depressed enough to slit my right butt cheek and the same day she appeared with the very same cut!!!!! A year ago one time when we had phone intercourse it turned out she actually got pregnant and had our child over in england by herself!!!! Im planning to move to england to marry caroline and then with her and my new baby boy Posiedon we are going to search out our home in the lost city of Atlantis!!!!! Wish me luck in my new life!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I wanted to share my experience and will appriciate any comments.

Three years ago, at work, I saw a man. I saw him from the back, and even though his complexion is not what I was normally attracted to, I felt such strong connection, that it scared me. I had the strangest feeling of familiarity towards him, as if I know him. He was being introduced at my department, and I happened to be away at the time, but saw his back from the distance. I purposely avoided coming back to the department while he was there. I returned after he was gone with a feeling of relief. I didn't know who he was. I work for a large corporation, so introductions are common, and often we never get to see people that we are being intoduced to.

Couple of hours later however, our paths crossed. Our eyes connected while we were being introduced and I knew I'm in trouble. More to it, I knew he is the one. More to it, he turned out to be our boss to be...

Since he tranfered, whenever we saw each other - we had the deepest eye contacts. During rare corporate gatherings, he would out of all people come to me, and we would talk as if noone around was present. It was so easy. He was interested in my personal (family, cultural) life, and we would just talk about his family, my family, and our backgrounds. I catched him stare at me from across the huge office space. When he was having conversations with senior leaders (I'm not anywhere near leadership position at the company), he so many times starred into my eyes if I was to pass by, that people who he was talking were turning around to see what caused his distraction from conversation. Very intense.

He however moved into my city with a girlfriend. When I found out he wasn't single, it crushed me. I tried to avoid him and his eye contacts. I tried to do the right thing. Two years of eye contacts and me avoiding him turned into him proposing to his girlfriend. Another year passed, he got married and moved to another city with his new wife. He appears in the office occasionally, and he still looks me in the eyes the same way. Just eyes. I never had to worry about pimple being in the middle of my forehead...this man only look me in the eyes.

I used to dream about him often. He at times I felt communicated to me in my dreams, explaining that he had to do the right thing and marry the girl - and I understood and respected him for his decision. He is nine years older than me, commited to someone and I understand its time at certain age to settle....going for me would be risky, plus we work for the same organization...he made a decision with his head...not heart. I understand him. And also..our connection was never sexual/ I had those in the past...this was and is not it. Its so much deeper. I felt he was the one from the moment I saw his back. I knew there will be pain too. So here it goes....pain. But is he the one? He is married to someone else...

I rarely see him in my dreams now. But still constantly think about him..

I still feel he is the one and we will end up together. I feel it, but than sometimes I think that may be I'm too naive, and fooling myself? But to all honesty, I never ever-ever felt such connection before.....and I miss him....

Crazy? Am I?

Hello aya8374,

I do agree that there are special soul bond kinds of relationships. However I do not think or feel we are restricted to only one potential delightful partnership. It is never productive to foster the idea that one person, place, or event will determine your well being. You are always free to create that for yourself. Ask any person who is authentically happy and they will tell you the same thing.

John

• Like 1

A "special" connection with someone requires no need for words to be spoken--because one feels the other, smells the other, and becomes so, so sensitive to the other's needs....

but, with this type of connection, be aware that should it all end this type of love will hurt the heart most...

• Like 1

This is a love not to be forgotten throughout the years ahead--for it is not only a physical connection that occurs, but a highly spiritual one that reaches beyond the spiritual realms and opens up all senses of both individuals. At times fate steps in to pull you both apart, not understanding why it happened, but, there are reasons for this that we may not comprehend at the time...and over the years to come you'll eventually know why...

Edited by NiteMarcher

Sometimes we have a spirit connection to teach us things.. good or bad, romantic or not, it just happens. This person could be one of your spirit relatives or some such thing, at least for now... weird I know, but it happens. It may be just because you guys are open in similar ways, but most likely because there is something you are to learn from one another, perhaps even learning about relationship and how we are, or can be connected through the spirit, or the psyche.

• 11 months later...

If you had stopped at phychic link, I would have believed you. Brains can talk over long distances with ease. It doesn't happen so much in Humans, but it's a skill set elephants use all the time. They talk to their family members thousands of miles away, and only recently have we realised its by 'telepathy'.

This ability is not genetic, so your history is most likely fraud, since it is caused by the strength of your mind, which is not determined genetically (except for elephants who have the strongest mind and the largest memory).

Visions are not real. It will be your mind playing tricks on you, or decoding information that may affect future events (such as when will the broken toe heal?). You cannot sense spirits. Once a person leaves this world, they don't return. It is possible however that you are sensing other telepaths.

And FYI, mediums are fake. Usually people who have your ability keep in hiding for fear of being branded a freak. People who openly sell themselves are almost certainly fake.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you had stopped at phychic link, I would have believed you. Brains can talk over long distances with ease. It doesn't happen so much in Humans, but it's a skill set elephants use all the time. They talk to their family members thousands of miles away, and only recently have we realised its by 'telepathy'.

not telepathy.. the communicate using infrasound.. and definitely not thousands of miles away.. :)

the research on elephants communicating is rather interesting..

not telepathy.. the communicate using infrasound.. and definitely not thousands of miles away.. :)

the research on elephants communicating is rather interesting..

You bring up a good point. People have many different senses that they are unaware. Subconscious perceives them all the time, but how it is translated to to our intectual brain is a story in it self. It's a complicated process and its not understood at all in the beginning when our awake mind starts picking up on the fragments of information we don't understand.

Edited by White Unicorn

• 2 months later...

Ok I want to post my story before I get answers.when I was 23 I went to a festival and met a man randomly I think I asked him for a light for my cigarette.we chatted for some time.he was a social worker which is what I planned to study.the festival ended I went home. I can't remember who gave who their telephone number (this was in 1997) but I do remember feeling gutted a few days after as I realised I would not make contact with him as I had either lost his number or had been cut of the phone. In my state of semi despair,sadness I heard a voice say that I would meet him in 10 years time and that we would get married. I thought yeah right and obviously forgot all about this. However 10 years later when I was a qualified social worker I went on a days training course. When I saw the trainer I felt a sense of attraction and relief that I had met someone who I thought was the kind of guy I'd like to marry.i left the training day and immediately as I got outside I heard a voice say that I would meet him again in a few years and currently he was working on making his marriage work. I got a picture of my boy in my head when he was about 4 years old.so again I think I'm going mad and carry on.

So another 2years later I get a new boss and the very first time I met him, he acted oddly but asked do I know you,or have we met before. To which I replied no. The work relationship was tense and I left about 6 months after. While I was cleaning out my desk I found the booking for the training and it was my manager. I hadn't made the connection at all.

I was in my next job for 6 years and then moved town. This guy kept coming into my thoughts once I had moved and like a bolt out of the blue I remembered the guy I met at the festival.something kept telling me to ask him out for a drink bit my feelings were that he would just ignore my email as the ending of our working together wasn't the best. After a few months I thought I would as a no or ignoring me would allow me to move on but he said yes.

Im nervous and we are due to meet in a month, hopefully I will have the guts to ask him if he was at this festival and what if anything was he picking up on when we worked together.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

These types do happen..and quite often to some people with energized minds. I know a gurl, she's a friend....and I experienced all of these things with her....i know when she's happy or sad..or when she is thinking about me or anybody else.

well it may Sound fascinating (that u can feel other person in right way) but it sure has some problems within itself. Here my experience -

when I started experiencing such things...i thought it was just coincidences but they kept on increasing ...and one day I realized they were off the charts and I actually was surrounded by her energy or Aura. Well this was certain..i didn't shared it to her... thought its so weird to me..it would be awkward to tell her about this. I continued to ignore it and her. Then started the real problem...i was so close to her that her emotions with peoples near her were affecting me and my life. I maintained distance only to realize that its too late...and now if she's happy with her boyfriend (yeah she had one before the starting of the friendship) or someone else than I feel the pain in the heart!! Well its so awkward cause I never actually looked at her that way .And now m working hard to remove the connection .

so here's the tip..if u r experiencing it with someone close to u (partner ,parents,siblings) that's a cool thing...but beware of the intimacy of the connection as it can affect urs and other persons life or the best part would be if u r feeling such thing with anyone not so close..its better to end it at beginning (I know its really awesome !!but still its better to be this way...before u both end up experiencing the lifelong affecting pain.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a psychic and a telepath and I seen you married to 3 lives ago a lot of soul mates a lot of people will follow each other through our lives friends who are past their past lives into our regular lives that we are in now but it seems you definitely have a connection just see where it goes you never know you might be married to her in 10 years and as I see it's in probably 4 from when I posted this...

• 1 month later...

I NEED an explanation or at the very least some insight into these seemingly psychic experiences I've had since I was a very young girl. There have only been a handful (maybe 10 in my life) but the few experiences I've had have been quite extraordinary. My most recent experience was possibly the most amazing. This happened about a year ago: I was sleeping, or attempting to  sleep, at my in-laws in their guest bedroom. There is a door in the bedroom which opens to the laundry room and a few feet further is a door to outside. I was having a feeling, which I have had once or twice before during other strange instances. It was a feeling of intense fear and dread and I could not fall asleep because of it. As I lie in bed next to my sound asleep husband till about 2 am I kept looking towards the door to the laundry room with such a scared feeling. Then I saw the door knob to the laundry room turning as if someone was trying to open it. I got out of bed and opened the door, only just enough to walk through it to see who was there but no one was. I then took a couple of steps into the laundry room to see if anyone was there but there was no one. What I saw was strange however. There were mint green bookshelves stacked on top of each other. It was so weird because I knew they weren't there before and that their presence made absolutely no sense. Now, here's where it gets really strange. As I turned to walk back into the bedroom to wake my husband and show him the book shelves I arose from the floor, about a foot off of the ground, the bedroom door right in from of my face, and I was completely petrified and could not move or even speak. I felt a horrible feeling and knew something evil was doing this to me. (PLEASE believe I am not making any of this up!) So I'm hovering there a foot off the ground and all I could do was move my right arm. When I realized this I began making the sign of the cross as that was the only thing I could do and I'm a Christian. After the 3rd time crossing myself I was released and dropped back down to the ground. All I knew next was that I was in bed, sitting up and crying and freaking out over what had just happened. Now, BEFORE YOU ASSUME THAT I WAS JUST DREAMING, I kneeeeew that, although I was suddenly back in my bed, this was NOT a dream. So, here's where it get's even more bizarre. The next morning I told my husband about what happened and kept saying "it wasn't a dream, it was real!" So later that morning my brother-in-law came over to his parents house and the first thing he says when he walks in the house is "oh my god I have to tell you guys about what happened to me last night!" He didn't get more than a few words out before I knew that this was connected to what I had experienced. My mouth dropped opened as I listened in shock and awe. He began to tell us about how he was at his home trying to fall asleep but couldn't because he was so scared and had this feeling of dread and all of a sudden he was at his parents house, in the guest bedroom (and he said this happened at around 2 am) and 3 short gray aliens opened the door which led to the laundry room and entered the room and in fear he hid behind the door, the very same door I was lifted up in front of so he would have been on the other side of that door, and he was telling us how terrified he was and then they just left through that doorway. Now, I know what I believe about aliens and what he believes are very different. I believe they are demonic entities trying to confuse and scare us and he believes  along the more common view that they are other worldly and all that. I know I felt their evil and it was demonic and in my heart I feel that I somehow drove them away with the sign of the cross. I always felt, and I hope this doesn't sound too presumptuous or heady, but I felt like I was sent to help my brother-in-law because he wasn't equip with the spiritual tools/ faith himself. I am very interested to hear what others experienced in such matters think. I have searched and searched on the internet for similar experiences and haven't found anything. I had this same feeling of dread when my husband, daughter and I were living in a camper a few years earlier. I was trying to sleep but couldn't. This terrified feeling rose up within me and became so intense that I actually got up out of bed, it was around 2 or 3 in the morning, and I got our 380 pistol out of the cabinet because I could feel something bad was coming. My husband is such a sound sleeper and I was all the while trying to wake him as I was getting the gun and suddenly there was a knock on the camper door as I stood there, gun in hand. I finally got him to wake up when they knocked on the door and I handed him the gun. When he finally answered the door the man was walking away from the camper and didn't come back when my husband opened the door and hollered at him asking what he wanted. The guy just yelled back that he ran out of gas and kept walking... very strange. I thank God for whatever this is but I am so curious about it. I have constantly overwhelmed with these types of feeling. I so rarely have what I would call "psychic" experiences but I feel so strongly that there's something there and I want to know more about this gift or curse that I believe I have. Thank you for taking the time to read such a long story and thank you for your insight.

I’ve just experienced this long story short I’ve known this guy for over 9 years. We have expressed that we liked each other at one time or another but nothing has ever developed, either we both were in other relationships or the timing was not right. Last Summer I broke up with my bf and out of the blue this guy was on my mind very heavy. Thinking of him daily and I couldn’t understand why, especially since we had not spoken to each other for about 2 years. These thoughts were so vivid and real to me and each time I felt him more and more and I knew I would see or run into him.  I blew it off and let about 4 months go by but I still couldn’t shake the thought of him, so I wrote him a letter telling him how I felt. Longer story short come to find out all the time I had been thinking and feeling him he was actually living in the same apartment complex basically 10 seconds away from me and I never even knew it!   Unfortunately things didn’t work out and we don’t speak anymore, however I still feel his presence and think about him. Not as much but often and I always wonder if he feels me like I feel him.   

I met this man who is twice my age about a year an a half ago. Every sense around six months ago I began feeling a psychic connection to him. I could hear his thoughts an feel when he was leaving home or if he was thinking of me. I haven't seen him for around four months but the connection is still there. I dream of him an I being married and having babies.  His mother tells me he likes me a lot but I feel he's in love with me. Which, is bad enough with the age difference but with this connection of thoughts feelings is a bit overwhelming. I've never had a connection like this with anyone before. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm at a loss whenever I trust what I feel I want to run in his direction as fast as a can. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2013 at 4:46 PM, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

I like the thoughts of Aggie on this.

In my world there are things like soul mates, soul family bonds and even a twin soul.

So if there is some one who likes you in a particular way, that is a good thing.

John

Could u please elaborate on soul mates and twin souls?  Pm me. Thanx

I have read almost all of these posts...have to say..thank goodness I am not alone! Not.going to share... Not comfortable with that yet. 

Have however found that since I have been in a relationship where I have to feel less to survive each day that my connections are fading. I think it is due to me numbing myself for survival.  Have to tell u..I miss the connections...

Looking forward to my release one day. It's difficult to explain but it is like losing touch with the joy and vibration of that joy in everyday.  ( words...they leave me...)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to share my strange connection that is still going on. In the past I've had some connections that I believe are psychic, but none like what is occurring with me. This is the first time I've had a premonition dream about falling in love. In the past I've had dreams of a friend contacting me, and then the next day they contact me. I also have very good luck at winning things, and drawing things into my life. I've also had dreams where I'm speaking with my grandparents who passed away, and very spiritual experiences. I also experience deja vu a lot. In the past years it's been even more frequent. Well this man I met at work, we both started the same year. When I first met him I was with my ex-boyfriend, but when he came around for introductions at work and I shook his hand I had an "OH" moment like I already knew him. Shortly after that for the holiday party I was his Secret Santa. This was about two years ago. Now it seems like foreshadowing.

This man at work didn't sit by me at the time, but then a year ago  our floors were remodeled and someone new was going to be sitting next to me. Well the night before I had an intense dream that the person who sat next to me was going to be someone who I fell in love with, and I would fall out of love with my ex. It was very intense this dream, and I remember waking up from it and having a sense of dread, knowing that I was going to fall out of love with my ex and this new person is going to steal my heart. 

Well sure enough it was this new man who sat next to me, and when I saw him again I realized who he was and knew I was screwed. We hit it off instantly, and every time we spoke I felt such a deep connection with him, and I felt like I've known him forever. I've had dreams where we are talking to each other and telling each other we love each other. I feel a weird bond with him and we just get and understand each other. We are both very artistic people, and are professional artists. Every time we speak to each other we share personal stories, and I find myself sharing things with him I don't usually share with others. He has had very spiritual experiences, and he has even claimed that he is slightly psychic as well. He also has had moments where he was speaking about me to a friend, and then I texted him. I ended up leaving my ex, and happened to move to his neighborhood which wasn't on purpose. It just happened that way. We've hung out twice, and the second time we hung out he claims he had a message from his friend who passed away. That he is still with him, and shortly after he had his message from his friend. I had my own message from a photograph with my name on it and it triggered an old memory. Which I explained to him, his friend was very much into Japanese culture, and strangely enough I speak Japanese. It was a strange experience for both. For myself to be apart of and witness it. I'm not sure what that meant. I've never felt such a weird connection to someone, I feel like we were suppose to meet, and I feel like something huge is going to happen with us. I think I'm nuts, and I wonder if he feels the same or if I'm insane to feel such a strange connection to someone I barely know. He also seems strangely draw to me, but then seems scared. I'm mostly frustrated wondering if this means anything. I want answers.

What do you all think? 

Edited by dearestlove101

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I am also curious of the possibility of being connected to someone. I apologize for my grammar because English is not my mother-tongue. I will try my best to narrate though. :)

I started dreaming of this guys since I was about 13 years old. And he only appeared very rarely. Strange as it may sound a random person added me on Skype and I don't know for what reason I accepted the request. He told me he just randomly looked me up and he was confused too. I am from Asia and he is from London. We became friends and we had this special connection somehow. After a year of talking to each other We decided to meeting up in the US where I will have my culinary traineeship. But things didn't work out and he got jealous; he mysteriously knows when the guy is going to hit on me just by looking at pictures. He went crazy so the meet up never happened and we deleted and blocked each other on all social media connection we had.

After not speaking for several months he would randomly appear to my dreams and it seem realistic to me. I would check his Facebook or stalk him but not sending a message or anything. Somehow I felt also that he will text me. And I never fail every time I do Because I receive messages from him. And we will fight again and lose the conversation and everything. 

Two years passed and I am now in a happy and healthy relationship yet I still dream of him from time to time that he is just looking at me while I'm with my boyfriend all sad and in pain. He's just always in the corner but never speaks or makes any contact. To my surprise after 4 months  I dreamt of him again and this time our skins touched for the first time. It was a very light touch on the arm and I felt like I was flying in the universe and under the sea at the same time. It was all colorful. I had goosebumps too to the point that I woke up because it was very very realistic. The next day I receive a message from him again. I kept on ignoring the texts but every time he crosses my mind and I would stalk him I would receive a random message from him saying that we both know we are meant for each other ( something like that). 

There red are too many strange situations and there's a lot of confusion going on in my mind. I keep on ignoring all of his messages but he is always in my mind. I've never met him ever so I don't know what kind of connection or relationship do we have. 

7 hours ago, Iamstoic said:

Two years passed and I am now in a happy and healthy relationship yet I still dream of him from time to time that he is just looking at me while I'm with my boyfriend all sad and in pain. He's just always in the corner but never speaks or makes any contact. To my surprise after 4 months  I dreamt of him again and this time our skins touched for the first time. It was a very light touch on the arm and I felt like I was flying in the universe and under the sea at the same time. It was all colorful. I had goosebumps too to the point that I woke up because it was very very realistic. The next day I receive a message from him again. I kept on ignoring the texts but every time he crosses my mind and I would stalk him I would receive a random message from him saying that we both know we are meant for each other ( something like that). 

There red are too many strange situations and there's a lot of confusion going on in my mind. I keep on ignoring all of his messages but he is always in my mind. I've never met him ever so I don't know what kind of connection or relationship do we have. 

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Yes these things are confusing. We tend to think that a soul bond with someone would involve being physically together with that person when I see this as not always the case. I have a number of internet relationships with people I will never meet. My inclination for you with this guy is that some thing similar is most appropriate.

I suspect you will feel a lot better if you stop ignoring those messages from him. A deep personal friendship with him seems to be what the universe is encouraging. That may not be his preference at the moment however he would value any relationship with you as I see these things.

Best Wishes,

John

Any connection you might have to someone is based on a concept of them, tied with your own emotions. The connectivity you feel is based on expectation and experience. Nothing psychic about it. Unless by psychic you mean psyche or conscious.