Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dad's ghost helps son fight against cancer

Brian Topp

To millions of fans the late Bill Tarmey was Jack Duckworth, the lovable rogue who delighted Corrie viewers for 34 years, the Sunday People reveals today.

But to Carl Piddington he was Dad and the first person you turn to when you are told you have a brain tumour that will kill you within five years.

Now Carl, 47, is sure the GHOST of the soap ­legend has been giving him encouragement to fight the disease.

The devoted son believes his father’s spirit visited him shortly after his death in November 2012. The apparition came after Carl visited Bill’s grave with his sister Sara, 43. He said: “I was feeling pretty low. I was missing him like mad.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street--bill-tarmeys-2096764

I wouldnt interpret it that the ghost cures cancer ,but cancer is more easily beaten if the patient feels upbeat and happy .

Being depressed just makes you sicker.

So ,ghosts of loved ones cheer you up,so YOU can beat cancer .

I believe it . My animals keep me healthy .

• Like 2

Sounds like the first piece of evidence needed to get the bloke Canonised by the Catholic Church.

Patron Saint of Corrie perhaps?

I wouldnt interpret it that the ghost cures cancer ,but cancer is more easily beaten if the patient feels upbeat and happy .

Being depressed just makes you sicker.

So ,ghosts of loved ones cheer you up,so YOU can beat cancer .

I believe it . My animals keep me healthy .

I agree, Simbi. It has been shown sadness, depression, loneliness and isolation are not conducive to good health or longer life or beating an illness. But besides any study, just being human, I can attest to it as well.

Pets seem to know when you're low and need them don't they?

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Ok mods, you can have fun posting articles for yourself for now on.

Gets old when you feel the urge to change the topic name.

Edited by Brian Topp

Ok mods, you can have fun posting articles for yourself for now on.

Gets old when you feel the urge to change the topic name.

Oh my .So easily discouraged .....

You must let the OP grow like a child. You cannot force the direction it may take ...

:D

Oh my .So easily discouraged .....

You must let the OP grow like a child. You cannot force the direction it may take ...

:D

Oh yes, How about you, your level 19th cleric with shaman powers and bipolar to boot? Don't call the kettle black, girl.

Edited by Brian Topp

So, let me get this straight, and stop me if I miss anything. A man with a brain tumor starts seeing things no one else can see, and his family thinks it's perfectly logical to conclude that it's the ghost of his father instead of, of I don't know, a hallucination caused by the FREAKING tumor in his head?

• Like 1