Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hikers capture footage of mysterious Bigfoot

Still Waters

Bigfoot is a part of the PNW logging lore. That being said however, it seems to me to have been used to protect the loggers' equipment/and logging area as well as to rattle the newbies, than for protecting any forests.

But then again "giant cannibals" could have been used by NA to scare exploiters out of areas. But the NA stories are so corrupted by Bigfootdom, who knows?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Do us all a favor, send this in to the SyFy network

Which show? Ghost Hunters? Weird or What? Paranormal Witness? Destination Truth? There are so many shows on that network.

Which show? Ghost Hunters? Weird or What? Paranormal Witness? Destination Truth? There are so many shows on that network.

I'm waiting for Bigfootnado.

• Like 1

I meant as an original movie idea.

Wrath of Bigfoot, logging camp attacked by pack of sasquatches, epic final confrontation between axe weilding lumberjack and craze bigfoot he accidentally injured years before.

I meant as an original movie idea.

Wrath of Bigfoot, logging camp attacked by pack of sasquatches, epic final confrontation between axe weilding lumberjack and craze bigfoot he accidentally injured years before.

I recall reading some account about a group of miners out in Californication in the late 1800's claimed to have been attacked by a group of large creatures. If I'm not mistaken, and I could be mistaken, it was in a valley named, "Ape Valley"? Strange name for a valley in Californication, especially when you consider that none of the people then or at least very few, had knowledge of apes.

late 1800's there were knowledge of apes. heck, it'd be after Darwin's theories.

as for the large creatures, bears, mountain lions, wolves......hill billies

all plausible

I recall reading some account about a group of miners out in Californication in the late 1800's claimed to have been attacked by a group of large creatures. If I'm not mistaken, and I could be mistaken, it was in a valley named, "Ape Valley"? Strange name for a valley in Californication, especially when you consider that none of the people then or at least very few, had knowledge of apes.

1924 Ape Canyon incident fred beck

1924 Ape Canyon incident fred beck

Yes! That was it. Thank you my dear.

late 1800's there were knowledge of apes. heck, it'd be after Darwin's theories.

as for the large creatures, bears, mountain lions, wolves......hill billies

all plausible

I believe you missed the point I was making, but no matter I had the timeline wrong to begin with, memory isn't what it used to be.

William Halliday, director of the Western Speleological Survey, claimed in his 1983 pamphlet Ape Cave and the Mount Saint Helens Apesthat the miner's assailants were actually local youths. Until the eruption of Mt. St. Helens, counselors from the YMCA's Camp Meehan on nearby Spirit Lake brought hikers to the canyon's edge and related a tradition that the 1924 incident was actually the result of young campers throwing light pumice stones into the canyon, not realizing there were miners at the bottom. Looking up, the miners would have only seen dark moonlit figures throwing stones at their cabin. The narrow walls of the canyon would have served to distort the voices of the YMCA campers enough to frighten the men below.

this is from the wiki on that incident, it's also worth knowing that the writing on the incident was in 1967. which makes it more likely to be something Fred kind of added onto as the years went on

It's probable i missed what you were saying man, if so my bad entirely

Edited by SkepticalB

this is from the wiki on that incident, it's also worth knowing that the writing on the incident was in 1967. which makes it more likely to be something Fred kind of added onto as the years went on

It's probable i missed what you were saying man, if so my bad entirely

I recall hearing about that as well......rather vaguely. However, what struck me as strange was these miners accounts differed so radically from the explanation offered up that is seemed the two were almost of different stories. Also, miners.....I'd think, would know the difference between human voices, especially voices of teens and the voices of an unknown creature. Mind you, I'm not saying the explanation is wrong, I have no idea if it is or isn't, but the explanation in 1983 just doesn't seem to jive with the accounts given back in 1924. You'd almost have to have a time machine to go back to the time of the incident and see the area as it was at that time. The topography, the locations, the foliage and see how distorted the voice became. Personally, I have heard voices from a long distance off and I can tell a human from something that might not be human, however there could be something unique with the acoustics of that area that I'm not aware of.

right on, if its rocks being tossed at them, I'm more inclined to think azzholes than I am ape men, and the whoopings and all that bouncing around canyon walls would distort a good bit I'd think. coupled w/ them being scared already, and given to the kind of liquid refreshment a group of surely miners in the 20's stuck out in the woods together would take part in, I'm not sure they'd be entirely the best judgement.

right on, if its rocks being tossed at them, I'm more inclined to think azzholes than I am ape men, and the whoopings and all that bouncing around canyon walls would distort a good bit I'd think. coupled w/ them being scared already, and given to the kind of liquid refreshment a group of surely miners in the 20's stuck out in the woods together would take part in, I'm not sure they'd be entirely the best judgement.

Well, one can't discount the effects of "cheer" as a real possibility. I recall back in the eighties when I was doing some part time field investigations for MUFON. Before the internet, a lot of people who claimed to see a UFO very often had been doing some "recreational materials" of various types. Sadly, many of them would lie about it and then one of them would slip up. "Oh no! None of us was drinking anything but water and soda." Then later on when they were recounting what they'd seen he mention almost dropping his beer. My personal favorite was the guy who claimed he was "sober as a judge" then his rolling papers fell out of his coat pocket as we were talking.

The thing I quickly discovered was that if people will lie about things like that then they potentially will lie about other things as well. Combine that with a certain level of abject terror of being under attack from creatures unknown and facts can get lost, or simply change. Not that they might intentionally lie but rather that they are remembering threw a cloud of "cheer".

I'd edit to add that if the guy in 1980 or some time prior to his pamphlet being put out decided to do an investigation some fifty-six years after the fact, how accurate is that information going to be? Memories that old are most likely going to be distorted, the area has changed and most of the guys who were there are very likely dead now. Making it difficult to do a follow up investigation.

Edited by keninsc

Sometimes I wonder if Bigfoot walks around doing literally nothing on purpose just so someone can see and record him. You never catch Bigfoot building shelter or something like that, he's always just walking around!

I always love how you all say there's never any videos or pictures of Bigfoot but when something does come out you always start screaming it's fake before you even see it. Unless you're a zoologist or one hell of an outdoorsman you really can't start claiming that something is fake. Yes there has been some obvious cases of fake footage but in this there's really not enough to say either way.

• Like 1

I always love how you all say there's never any videos or pictures of Bigfoot but when something does come out you always start screaming it's fake before you even see it. Unless you're a zoologist or one hell of an outdoorsman you really can't start claiming that something is fake. Yes there has been some obvious cases of fake footage but in this there's really not enough to say either way.

Saying it is fake is more logical than saying it is real.

With that train of thought, not only can somebody who's not a zoologist or "one hell of an outdoorsman" say it's fake, but they can't say it's real either. So, why even debate these kinds of things if only people who're experts in this kind of stuff can have a say if it's real or not? We're all allowed to have our own opinion about a video or picture, and if you have a different opinion about it, then you at least semi-intelligently (and civilly) argue you're thoughts on the subject instead of sitting there and whining that "you can't have an opinion about something because you're not a certified expert".

Bigfoot doesn't leave tracks, waste matter, bodies, or any other kind of thing that would prove its existence. The answer is because Bigfoot is super good at hiding, knows when people and cameras are around, covers tracks, etc. And yet there are tons of reports of him a year, people find tracks, and people snap photos and videos.

Bigfoot eats their dead, bones and all.

Has anyone seen my mother in law? She went hiking on the weekend end and never came home, she just loves nature.

ps. she has a hair condition

Thass funny right there, don't care who you are! :w00t: :tu:
  • Like 1

I think people call such fake not because of what is in the videos, but what is NOT in the videos. If these people thought they saw bigfoot, wouldn't they have followed up and went down there and looked around? Wouldn't they have at least went to see how tall the BF was? Would the video be sponsored by a Geocaching game if it was totally real?

Can you look at any part of the video and say with certainty... "That is not a human."??

Edited by DieChecker

I always love how you all say there's never any videos or pictures of Bigfoot but when something does come out you always start screaming it's fake before you even see it. Unless you're a zoologist or one hell of an outdoorsman you really can't start claiming that something is fake.

I'm an outdoorsman, and I approve of this fakeness

• Like 1

I am a outdoorsman, bow hunted for over 20 years......

I saw Bigfoot.