Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pacemaker Hacker dies, before he reveals how

seeder

Is this a CT? Im not so sure, it can only kill (maybe) someone with a pacemaker. Hmmm, how many high profile 'targets' actually have a pacemaker?

"Programmer Barnaby Jack dies a week before showing off heart-attack hack that can kill a man from 30 feet away"

Security researcher Barnaby Jack has passed away in San Francisco, only days before a scheduled appearance at a Las Vegas hacker conference where he intended to show how an ordinary pacemaker could be compromised in order to kill a man.

Jack, who previously presented hacks involving ATMs and insulin pumps at the annual Black Hat conference in Vegas, was confirmed dead Friday morning by the San Francisco Medical Examiner’s office, Reuters reported. He passed away Thursday this week, but the office declined to offer any more details at this time.

http://rt.com/usa/hacker-pacemaker-barnaby-jack-639/

and

Programmer Barnaby Jack dies a week before showing off heart-attack hack that can kill a man from 30 feet away

BOSTON (Reuters) – Well-known hacker Barnaby Jack has died in San Francisco, a week before he was due to show off techniques for attacking implanted heart devices that he said could kill a man from 30 feet away.

The San Francisco Medical Examiner’s office said he died in the city on Thursday. It gave no details.

Jack, a security expert, became one of the most famous hackers on the planet after a 2010 demonstration in which he forced ATMs to spit out cash, dubbed “Jackpotting,”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/26/barnaby-jack-dies-a-week-before-showing-off-heart-attack-hack-that-can-kill-a-man-from-30-feet-away/

if the Authorities did do a hit on him, I can't say I'd blame him. He sounds thoroughly dangerous.

if the Authorities did do a hit on him, I can't say I'd blame him. He sounds thoroughly dangerous.

Well yeh, but he also sounds kinda cool to make ATM's pump paper out for free!

• Like 1

Well yeh, but he also sounds kinda cool to make ATM's pump paper out for free!

Cool and highly illegal.

• Like 1

This is funny, he got hacked in the nick of time.

Jackpot!

:D .

Would it really be funny if he was killed by any govt agent? Seriously, isn't there a justice system for dealing with criminals?

If he was seriously going to share info like that, then there is no loss here.

just because he hasn't shared to info doesn't mean its not out there. If he could do it then so can others. The best way to solve this issue is not to kill those who speak of it.

Companies pay huge money for people like him to find security etc. flaws like this. It doesn't make him a dangerous guy.

You can say releasing the information like he does is the best way to do it.

Edit: Like he did.

Edited by Timonthy

yeah, people are ignoring the reason he was looking into this sort of thing, ie: he was pointing out flaws in the system so that they could be closed.

• Like 1

Yeah i may have been a bit brash in my first comment. He did do quite a bit of good. When you're wrong, you're wrong.